Livingston vs Hibs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have felt more confident if this wasn't following an international week as we tend to start slow coming off a break. Fingers crossed we can carry our last few performances into this as Hibs seem to have hit a bit of form. Can see it being much the same as the last game at the Spaghettihad.

Any news on Lamie's chances of making this game? Brown has been a decent replacement but is still the weakest link when playing the left wingback role.

20 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Friday night football.

Made a great start under Heckingbottom but this one is giving me the fear. M2.png.7aca7458e10bb605790c3f29cfb46f53.png

Discuss.

He seems to actually watch how other teams may line up and try and adjust accordingly - which is a novel departure from Lennon / Parker.

Perhaps a chance to actually take something from a Livi match for the first time this season?

Despite being on the tellybox I might even go along

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

e seems to actually watch how other teams may line up and try and adjust accordingly - which is a novel departure from Lennon / Parker.

Perhaps a chance to actually take something from a Livi match for the first time this season?

Despite being on the tellybox I might even go along

You took a point at Easter Road,  :P agree with you though, would've been pretty confident at home against Hibs with Lennon in charge, going into the unknown with the new Hibs boss.

Hoping to see Raffa making his comeback in this game, really could do with him just now, scored a goal against Hibs in the cup last season so another one in this game would be nice. 

Cptn Hooch, Sibbald was saying we wouldn't be having extra days off during the International break this time, so hopefully we will be out from the start playing with a high tempo.

18 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Would have felt more confident if this wasn't following an international week as we tend to start slow coming off a break. Fingers crossed we can carry our last few performances into this as Hibs seem to have hit a bit of form. Can see it being much the same as the last game at the Spaghettihad.

Any news on Lamie's chances of making this game? Brown has been a decent replacement but is still the weakest link when playing the left wingback role.

Spoke with Lammie on Friday night. He's hoping to be on the bench for the Hibs game. 

Thank god the international break is over, is there anything worse ? 

Looking forward to this, we’ve had the better of Hibs this season but under the new manager Hibs have been in great form...our home form has held up most of the season though so no reason we can’t win this one as well. 

Our top 6 chances are pretty much over but we should be targeting 7th place now. 

Be interesting to see how we line up, be good to see Rafa starting his first game of the season in this one. 

Last count I heard hibs had sold 1400 tickets so hopefully a good crowd despite it being on the tv. 

Anything could happen in this one to be honest. Hibs have been playing well, McNulty seems to have made all of the difference to them.

We've shown all season that we can compete with anybody when we're on form. Particularly at home. Although we've also been a little shite coming back form every single break.

Kelly
Gallagher Halkett Lithgow Lamie

Byrne Lawson

Lawless Pittman Erskine

Robinson

I really feel like we've missed Menga since the turn of the year. He can be stupendously lazy, show the control of a horse and his goalscoring record is abysmal, but for the way we play I feel like he just fits. His aggression, his power, his running are things that we miss without him around. We've been much better since Robbo came back though, somehow he's made himself first choice ahead of Hardie right now.

1-1

My maths might be slightly off, but I think we avoid automatic relegation if we take a point here

21 points ahead of St Mirren & 20 ahead of Dundee right now with 24 left to play for. However, they still have to play each other twice.

Assuming they win one each, then the best St Mirren can do is match our point total right now, meaning that a point on Friday keeps us up.

Assuming either one of them wins both, then the other can only make 18 points from their other games, meaning we're safe. 

If it's a win for either and a draw, then the drawing team can't catch up with only 18 points left to play for.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Sounds like Hibs away attendance will be well short of the Hearts one. Tells you all you need to know...

Hibs attendance v Livi earlier in season was 5305, Hearts attendance was 4201 so maybe more Hibs fans  than Jambos so far?

Heart’s fans are in the main from West of City so nearer/easier game for them to get to?

Last three home attendances for Livi have been under 2600 so you need a good away support to boost crowd/give Livi some income!?

My guess is 1500 Livi fans 2500 Hibs fans crowd around 4000?

And what will that prove in a who is the better supported Hibs/Hearts debate with you suggesting (winding up?) its the Jambos. Who cares?

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

giphy.gif 

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Sounds like Hibs away attendance will be well short of the Hearts one. Tells you all you need to know...

giphy.gif 

Fish in a barrel................

2 hours ago, madhibby said:

Hibs attendance v Livi earlier in season was 5305, Hearts attendance was 4201 so maybe more Hibs fans  than Jambos so far?

Heart’s fans are in the main from West of City so nearer/easier game for them to get to?

Last three home attendances for Livi have been under 2600 so you need a good away support to boost crowd/give Livi some income!?

My guess is 1500 Livi fans 2500 Hibs fans crowd around 4000?

And what will that prove in a who is the better supported Hibs/Hearts debate with you suggesting (winding up?) its the Jambos. Who cares?

This guy knows it’s Hearts, clearly. 

I’d have been very confident of getting something from the game if Lennon was still in charge, they seem to have turned a corner under PH though. It’s a bit cliche now, but our home form has been immense so we’ve definitely got a chance.

There’s something about Friday night football which puts it just behind 3pm on a Saturday, so hoping for a good game under the lights.

Archived