Livingston vs Hibs

Once again our lack of cutting edge comes back to haunt us. Some nice link up play between the front four at times which was encouraging, just lacked any real incision. Fair play to Hibs though, some run to hoist themselves into the top six and hilariously above Hearts now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a tousy game tonite,but i enjoyed it even though we lost.

Good atmosphere from both sets of fans too.

Mallan took his goal well,though our defensive re-jig beforehand didn't help.

The 1st Hibs goal was so unlike us,we went missing when the ball came into the box,pleased for hardie though will give him some confidence with his penalty.

Onto the Accies home game on Wednesday nite.

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Paul Heckingbottom needs to get with the fucking programme and understand how Scottish football works. 

I want no part of a world where Hibs become a reliable outfit that get results where they need them and f**k up other team's season in the process.

Nah, goes back further than Heckingbottom.

It's been going well since the club stopped relying on spinless shite like Liam Craig and Witherspoon.

On 3/28/2019 at 09:59, EdinburghLivi said:

Sounds like Hibs away attendance will be well short of the Hearts one. Tells you all you need to know...

You know us Hibs bois only too well. We can never turn down the opportunity for a good Friday night crowdwank.

LiviHearts.png.c2ea05047bfa392a0a9232a7cc17dd1e.png

LiviHibs.png.77e8a8fd146ed4b921631b6eb4e7e297.png

20 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Nah, goes back further than Heckingbottom.

It's been going well since the club stopped relying on spinless shite like Liam Craig and Witherspoon.

Do you mean those two lads who were gallivanting around Europe while you found your level at Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton?

IMG_0914.JPG

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you mean those two lads who were gallivanting around Europe while you found your level at Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton?

Did they change the meaning of the word gallivanting while we were down in the second tier? (where we still had time to sword your mob at Tynecastle, btw)

Or is "gallivanting around Europe" Perthshire slang for "getting put on your collective arses by part time beetroot howkers and fucking Alashkert"?  titter.png.4643b0a0b754f9b2444d5d98ffd24d5b.png

8 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Did they change the meaning of the word gallivanting while we were down in the second tier? (where we still had time to sword your mob at Tynecastle, btw)

Or is "gallivanting around Europe" Perthshire slang for "getting put on your collective arses by part time beetroot howkers and fucking Alashkert"?  titter.png.4643b0a0b754f9b2444d5d98ffd24d5b.png

Malmo

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Malmo

Great performance from Craig that night right enough.

Face it, some players can only perform in 3/4 empty stadiums, playing in front of 10,000+ takes a certain type of mentality.

Swanson is a good example of this, he was absolute shite for both Hibs and Hearts.

On 3/28/2019 at 13:32, LIVIFOREVER said:

I see Heckingbottom's arse is going already, getting his excuses in early about having to play us on an artificial pitch. Some c**t should tell him they couldn't beat us on a grass pitch either.

zat rite eye ?

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Face it, some players can only perform in 3/4 empty stadiums, playing in front of 10,000+ takes a certain type of mentality.

Swanson is a good example of this, he was absolute shite for both Hibs and Hearts.

Yep, don't think there's a footballer anywhere that doesn't dream of playing in front of 10000+.

Massive.

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yep, don't think there's a footballer anywhere that doesn't dream of playing in front of 10000+.

Massive.

You've missed the point completely.

There's no pressure playing for a club like St. Johnstone. Why are you struggling to understand this?

Current league table makes good reading - not wanking myself into oblivion about "being above Hearts" quite yet though that GD is saucy.........

image.png.0d428bacaa7b1091eec30fdc913625d2.png

More interesting, current form table - handily showing Heckys first 6 matches

image.png.2e091a269a336a928c6eb7e1dfd61f68.png

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hecky has really breathed life into Hibs. I can only see us getting better under him.  

Still canny believe some of the shite folk were coming out with at the Sevco game about Hecky before we equalised. Heard a fair few comments wanting him emptied because we looked a bit turgid for 45 mins after he'd won every game before that bar Celtic. Really seems like he studies the game in great detail, level headed, a true pro, sets up the team intelligently. Would love to see us push for Europe now. 

I think it shows just how far we have came as a club that I heard a lot of disappointed livi fans walking out the ground last night. 

I’m not too disappointed at all, again I thought we competed well enough and if we’d taken some of our chances it may have been a different game, but personally I thought Hibs just about edges it. 

You can see the difference under Heckingbottom, Hibs are far quicker with the ball under him, way more aggressive with the press of the ball and a tougher nut to crack, I can see why the form has picked up dramatically, add all of that to some fantastic movement from the front four really it was a difficult night for us, especially with Halkett being out, that was a huge blow for our chances.

Thought Robinson was excellent, kept working hard all night, Hardie when he came on looked like his old self, hopefully the goal will help his confidence in the remaining few games. 

Holt really disappointed with the goals we lost, I’ve not seen them back but the first one looks like we completely miss a header to clear it, 2nd looked like Lawson was well out of position. 

Well done to Hibs on a fine win, we move onto the Hamilton game Wednesday looking to secure our premiership survival, which is amazing in itself. 

Hibs maybe just edged it. Not much in game at all. We clearly missed Halkett and I don’t know why byrne isn’t playing. We are a far better team with him in the side I think. Robinson worked his socks off all game. Hardie looked sharp when he came on , very unlucky with his shot that went past the post 

8 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Swanson probably isnt the best example considering hes been brutal for us this year and barely gets time on the pitch.

9 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hecky has really breathed life into Hibs. I can only see us getting better under him.  

Weren’t you convinced that Stubbs would be a better appointment until the end of the season? You went in a wee huff about Heck being the cheap option and some other pish about Dempster being a puppet.

Mon the Hecky.

Two bits of slack defending and Hibs scored with both of them, still didn't think they'd score from that tight angle for their second but it went through Kelly's legs.
From a Hibs and a neutral, view it was a dire game, but I really enjoyed it, great battling performance by Livi getting in their faces and we played some nice passing football too. Cut them open a few times but weren't clinical with our chances, Sibbs should've put us 1 nil up in the first half and Robbo should've equalised just before they got their 2nd goal. Great effort from Hardie though, though that one was in the top corner, and well taken penalty.
Talking of which, the one we were denied against Dundee was much more of a stonewaller than that one, but still looked a penalty.

Like all our other narrow defeats, our lack of cutting edge putting away our chances has cost us dearly, that's the difference between us being in the bottom half instead of the top half, but incredible that we even had the chance of a top half finish, i'm sure we'd all bite our hands off for the same again next season.

Archived