Friday night's shite for football - Dunfermline v Ayr

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Moffat actually only has around 5 assists.  Most of Shankland's goals have been coming from doing it himself tbh. 

This is true especially with Shankland he must be in double figures for self made goals. With the Partick Thistle one being my favourite, what a strike.

Regarding Moffat, assists are not a great measure though as you need to make the final pass before the goal. Moffat also creates space and passes the ball out wide or inside and often there is another pass then a goal. 

Edited by Trogdor

48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Moffat actually only has around 5 assists.  Most of Shankland's goals have been coming from doing it himself tbh. 

You'll know better than me. Though there is still some weight in WATTOO's point, Moffat is that intelligent with his movement he'll even be creating space for his striking partner without even touching the ball. He's a proper footballer player's player.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Moffat was good for us but you'd think he was a modern day Craig Brewster the way some of our fans go on about him. 

This is probably must-win for us to continue our top four hopes but considering that seemed utterly fanciful as recently as mid-February, I don't think too many Pars fans could be surprised if we missed out.

I expect a brutal game, that ends either 0-0 or 1-1.

We had a 7.05 KO in Glasgow last week.  Our clubs don't care about what support they get, they care about the money they get from the BBC.
Well given that most of the money from this deal goes to the Premiership clubs and the home teams will see a lot fewer people turning up for the game (let alone hospitality takings) I don't agree with that. In fact, didn't most of the Championship clubs vote against this deal?

On 27/03/2019 at 15:43, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 27/03/2019 at 08:17, TheScarf said:
We had a 7.05 KO in Glasgow last week.  Our clubs don't care about what support they get, they care about the money they get from the BBC.

Well given that most of the money from this deal goes to the Premiership clubs and the home teams will see a lot fewer people turning up for the game (let alone hospitality takings) I don't agree with that. In fact, didn't most of the Championship clubs vote against this deal?

I think it's only Morton and Falkirk who really get a say as our reps to the SPFL, could be wrong but I think they make the decisions

It goes without saying that this is a massive game for both clubs. The Pars are on cracking form, if you told them 10 games ago that they would have a really high chance of making the promotion playoffs they’d have probably laughed.

We’ve been on the downward since October but if the Ayrshire Post is accurate we could have a fully fit squad to pick from apart from maybe Jamie Adams.

i’d go: 

Doohan

Geggan Muirhead Rose Smith 

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Harvie, Bell, Docherty, Cadden, Forrest, Moore

I have absoulotely no doubt that Crawford will be on the wing. Will be interested what first teamer other than Adams will miss out on the match day squad, I’d guess probably Nicky Cadden. 

It goes without saying that this is a massive game for both clubs. The Pars are on cracking form, if you told them 10 games ago that they would have a really high chance of making the promotion playoffs they’d have probably laughed.
We’ve been on the downward since October but if the Ayrshire Post is accurate we could have a fully fit squad to pick from apart from maybe Jamie Adams.
i’d go: 
Doohan

Moffat Shankland

I have absoulotely no doubt that Crawford will be on the wing. Will be interested what first teamer other than Adams will miss out on the match day squad, I’d guess probably Nicky Cadden. 

Agree with that team but I’d swap Miller and McDaid to the opposite wings.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

i’d go: 

Doohan

Moffat Shankland

Crawford will be in the dugout m9.

Don't see much of a ayr support up tonight tbh .after our dreadful showing at falkirk a couple weeks ago and the fact most fans have too try get away from work earlier .reckon 200 at most .Friday night football's good for a one off but 5 ,6 times a seasons pish.

1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

Pars 1 - 1 Ayr (Anderson, Shankland).

LINEUP111553858761579.png

I'm still not overly convinced that we should move Smith to LB to accommodate Geggan at RB, especially when we have Miller who could slot in at LB to keep the balance if people think Harvie's not up to it just now. This would allow us to play McDaid on the wing or alternatively stick Geggan into strengthen our midfield.

Still it's good to have options and as we all know it will no doubt be Robbie playing wide in midfield anyway !!

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm still not overly convinced that we should move Smith to LB to accommodate Geggan at RB, especially when we have Miller who could slot in at LB to keep the balance if people think Harvie's not up to it just now. This would allow us to play McDaid on the wing or alternatively stick Geggan into strengthen our midfield.

Still it's good to have options and as we all know it will no doubt be Robbie playing wide in midfield anyway !!

Harvie has been a liability for months and with him and Crawford on the left we are weak and easily exposed. Miller was poor as a left back at Dundee and Smith has always played well there.

Unfortunately you are probably right, but hopefully Forrest being back will stop this happening as often.