Friday night's shite for football - Dunfermline v Ayr

I wasn't impressed with your 2 wins over us. Seems you relied on our GK being useless to beat our shower of shite.
Was very impressed with your performance on the tele at Tannadice though.

In the 3-2 game we were awful in the first half but played well in the second. I think only one of our goals in that game came from a GK error but even then we created enough chances to win the game by more.

The 1-0 game was probably just before our bad run and looking back there were signs but we were grinding out results against yourselves and Partick.

I doubt I’ll see a more complete performance than the 5-0 game anytime soon nor will I see a better individual performance from an Ayr player (Shankland) for a while. I don’t care how poor Dundee Utd were, we made them look poor and it’s absolutely the highlight of our season. The only thing that’ll top it would be going up but I’m not holding my breath for that to happen.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In the 3-2 game we were awful in the first half but played well in the second. I think only one of our goals in that game came from a GK error but even then we created enough chances to win the game by more.

The 1-0 game was probably just before our bad run and looking back there were signs but we were grinding out results against yourselves and Partick.

Of your only 4 goals past us 2 were down to our goalie.

Sums it up for me

I wasn't impressed with your 2 wins over us. Seems you relied on our GK being useless to beat our shower of shite.
Was very impressed with your performance on the tele at Tannadice though.

I've only been massively impressed by us against Dundee in the cup, Dundee United (all three games) and partick thistle (the two really early games). I missed loads of games though, but watching highlights and reading reports would suggest those were generally our best performances.

I caught a few wins where we scraped over the line without really impressing (Falkirk away and the most recent Partick away to give a couple of examples) - but since November we've been bang average at best.

We had a massive confidence boost coming off the league win last season, and that propelled us to the top of the championship. Teams started to show us respect and that's generally worked. Confidence has seeped away and we're waiting on the (inevitable) end of season bounce.

Of your only 4 goals past us 2 were down to our goalie.
Sums it up for me

There might not have been much between us in the games but the 2 games we won we were deserved winners and had it not been for your keeper we’d have won the other game at Somerset. You could actually argue had it not been for your keeper we’d have won the last game but we were extremely poor in other areas of the pitch so I’m not going to try and argue we were the better team.

I've only been massively impressed by us against Dundee in the cup, Dundee United (all three games) and partick thistle (the two really early games). I missed loads of games though, but watching highlights and reading reports would suggest those were generally our best performances.

I’d go with that however I’d add the 4-1 vs Dunfermline into the mix as well although I think I tipped them for relegation afterwards because of how poor they were. Still a great game though.

The 5-1 away to Morton wasn't too bad, at least for the last twenty minutes. And our 3 wins against Alloa were pretty efficient if not that expansive in terms of quality. Being realistic, how many really good performances a season do you get from virtually any team. Supporters are generally happy with any game their team wins. A great performance is a bonus. 

The biggest thing that's struck me this season is how we've dominated the majority of our matches and have, apart from just the once or twice, competed in every match without ever looking outclassed.

In previous seasons we've come up from league 1 and been the championship whipping boy who pulls off the odd shock but are generally backs to the wall in the majority of our games both home and away.

As I've said before, whatever happens this will have been a good season although if we don't finish in the play offs it will be very disappointing especially as we now have our full squad back fit and really no excuses if we don't start picking up points.

Friday night would be a good time to start our revival..............

McCall to visit East End as away manager for the last time before taking up post in the home dugout.

Hopefully the numerous ex-pars phone it in and we cruise to a 1-0.

McCall to visit East End as away manager for the last time before taking up post in the home dugout.
Hopefully the numerous ex-pars phone it in and we cruise to a 1-0.

You’re actually more obsessed with McCall than Ayr fans.

6 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm looking forward to this, and i'm really disappointed that we seem to be struggling to fill a single bus for it. 

Thats the consequence of a Friday night away game tbh. Coupled with the malaise around the team for the last four months.

Dissapointing but not surprising.

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Have to say I was stunned Ayr did so well with the quality of players they have on paper. 

This will still be a tough game though and a draw will be acceptable.

I've heard this from quite a few opposition fans this season, however I'm struggling to understand why the Scotland U21 keeper and Scotland U21 full backs (one of whom was reckoned to be the best RB in the Championship the previous season)  are deemed to be so poor ?

We've also got the likes of Andy Murdoch, who is generally regarded as a good quality Championship player, in the middle of the park along with the likes of Mark Kerr, who although getting on, is again a proven performer at this level.

I do understand that the likes of Moffat and Geggan were written off as "finished" once they departed EEP and I also get that people had written off Shankland as a dumplin in much the same way, then we have the likes of Rose, Forrest, & McDaid who many appear to have binned at 19 just because they weren't playing for a "big club".

That's the great thing with having so many young players, they can all mature and kick on at different times and there's really no telling how far some of them could go in the game...........

I've heard this from quite a few opposition fans this season, however I'm struggling to understand why the Scotland U21 keeper and Scotland U21 full backs (one of whom was reckoned to be the best RB in the Championship the previous season)  are deemed to be so poor ?
We've also got the likes of Andy Murdoch, who is generally regarded as a good quality Championship player, in the middle of the park along with the likes of Mark Kerr, who although getting on, is again a proven performer at this level.
I do understand that the likes of Moffat and Geggan were written off as "finished" once they departed EEP and I also get that people had written off Shankland as a dumplin in much the same way, then we have the likes of Rose, Forrest, & McDaid who many appear to have binned at 19 just because they weren't playing for a "big club".
That's the great thing with having so many young players, they can all mature and kick on at different times and there's really no telling how far some of them could go in the game...........

The players you mention are good but conr on bell and Adams were finished years ago.

Archived