Friday night's shite for football - Dunfermline v Ayr

f**k knows what'll happen in this one, pretty simple for us though in my opinion, need to win or i can't see us finishing in the play-offs.

Dunfermline playing only three days before on Tuesday night might help us or have the opposite effect if we're not at it from the off due to not playing for three weeks.

Looks as if for the first time in months we could have a full team so i'd go for:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Miller 

Geggan Adams Murdoch McDaid 

Moffat Shankland  

Subs: Hare-Reid, Bell, Harvie, Docherty or Kerr or Crawford, Forrest, Cadden, Moore

Need to bulk up that midfield for me, hence the addition of Adams, its been getting run over for far too long now.

Real options with a full squad and two would have to miss out from the team completely but not entirely sure who, hopefully this doesn't give McCall too many options to f**k the team up with.

1-1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the "boo boys" have had it in for Harvie recently and although I'd say it's far from all his fault, he probably could do with a wee rest, however I'm wondering why Calvin Miller hasn't been mentioned for the LB position, considering he was playing there for Dundee and also covering for Tierney in this position at Celtic.

This would mean we could keep Smith at RB and either McDaid , Forrest, or both, further up the pitch, knowing that they have a good attacking wing back behind them. Of course Cadden may also have more to offer as he's come in at a bad time when almost everyone has looked poor.

What we do have is options, there's no doubt about that.

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I know the "boo boys" have had it in for Harvie recently and although I'd say it's far from all his fault, he probably could do with a wee rest, however I'm wondering why Calvin Miller hasn't been mentioned for the LB position, considering he was playing there for Dundee and also covering for Tierney in this position at Celtic.

This would mean we could keep Smith at RB and either McDaid , Forrest, or both, further up the pitch, knowing that they have a good attacking wing back behind them. Of course Cadden may also have more to offer as he's come in at a bad time when almost everyone has looked poor.

What we do have is options, there's no doubt about that.

Personally i would start Miller at left back on Friday night

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Personally i would start Miller at left back on Friday night

Yes, I'd give him a shot there as well as I think it would help our balance and keep us solid plus it would give us a huge attacking threat from both sides of the park.

I'm actually feeling much better about our position, despite Inverness and Dunfermline looming up on the rear view mirror, especially after getting our squad fully fit and also watching the dross that was served up by Partick & Inverness last night.

We may well have gone off the boil in recent weeks but we've not sunk to those depths as yet !!!

Miller was brought in to play further up the park and every Dundee fan had said he can’t defend.

I think even Celtic fans have said he’s never a LB. Rodgers was the one trying to shoehorn him in there.

Regardless how Dunfermline do against Dundee United on Tuesday this is really a must win game. A point between the two teams on Tuesday and a win for us here would give us a reasonable chance of catching Dundee Utd and a wee cushion between us and Dunfermline.

I’m not confident at all though.

Agreed.
What a sinking ship Ayr are last 3 months 

Wouldn’t say we’ve sunk that much considering we’ve only dropped 2 places but we’ve allowed other teams to catch us when we should’ve been sitting comfortably in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t say we’ve sunk that much considering we’ve only dropped 2 places but we’ve allowed other teams to catch us when we should’ve been sitting comfortably in the playoffs.

You've went from top to a good bet to not even make the play-offs.

If you are happy with that then you keep going.

Must be the worst collapse I've seen.

You've went from top to a good bet to not even make the play-offs.
If you are happy with that then you keep going.
Must be the worst collapse I've seen.

Never said I was happy with it so I’ve no idea where you’ve pulled that from.

All I meant was we’ve been shite for months and we’ve only dropped to 3rd still with a good chance of making the play offs. Whether we make them or not I don’t know.

I’ll be in the minority but I won’t be making a huge deal out of it if we finish 5th.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

All I meant was we’ve been shite for months 

I wasn't impressed with your 2 wins over us. Seems you relied on our GK being useless to beat our shower of shite.

Was very impressed with your performance on the tele at Tannadice though.

Archived