Friday night's shite for football - Dunfermline v Ayr

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say for a guy who’s been slated the past 2 or 3 months I though Daniel Harvie was brilliant tonight. Did well going forward and was solid defensively whilst stopping a certain Dunfermline goal.

It’s crucial that you don’t play Crawford in front of him. He had a great game as well but it’s got to be McDaid or Miller playing in that position.

Didn't think we were that bad. Got dominated in the first half, could have got an equaliser at the end.

Hope Ayr win the play offs although if Utd stay down then that's a guaranteed 4 defeats for us next season so not sure on that one.

Great result and three points. Think we might have got Dunfermline at the right time having played so many games in a row whilst we were resting up. We have the same problem to face now and this win makes a tricky period much easier 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can I just say for a guy who’s been slated the past 2 or 3 months I though Daniel Harvie was brilliant tonight. Did well going forward and was solid defensively whilst stopping a certain Dunfermline goal.

It’s crucial that you don’t play Crawford in front of him. He had a great game as well but it’s got to be McDaid or Miller playing in that position.

Absolutely spot on, was just going to say about Daniel on here I had been getting very frustrated with him because it had got so bad with him.  But I thought he had a really good game.  Probably only a couple dodgy moments but that just comes with being a full back, they just will get by you a couple times no matter how well you play.  Hopefully this is him back to early season form for the run in. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So, did wee El Bak take a bit of a strop at the full time whistle?!

Yeah - and Kerr ends up getting booked as the players celebrated in the front of the Ayr fans. Over what? Looked like all the fist throwing  came from the onrushing Pars. 

I missed Tuesday's game as was travelling back from the Scotland double-header, but had a decent feeling about last night despite that result. Shows what I know.

No complaints over the result. Ayr were comfortably the better side in the first half, had more composure about them, dealt with what little we offered in attack comfortably and created some decent opportunities. They were deserving of their lead.

Nothing really changed from our point of view until the final 10 minutes where we huffed and puffed, had a couple of opportunities but didn't do enough to merit anything from the game. From Ayr's point of view, I'd suggest it was a good away performance.

I felt sorry for Anderson, as he was isolated the whole game until El Bakhtaoui came on, but the number of long balls we launched at him was poor. We needed some width, and someone to get on the ball, but didn't have that. The game bypassed Higginbotham and L.  Longridge mostly and we needed someone up with Anderson much sooner. The Pars players just weren't at it, and it's a shame as before United we'd been on a good run. Maybe the wee break came at a wrong time for us. El Bakhtaoui did spark something but his decision making was wasteful when in decent positions.

Maybe a bit of a reality check is no bad thing, though. It emphasises that there will be a lot of work to be done in the summer if we are to build a squad capable of challenging for the top four spots.

The worst bit of the night was the injury to Joe Thomson, though. I hope it's not as bad as it looked at the match.

Great win for us last night, and actually nice for us to put effort and application in the game which won it for us. Wasn't the greatest of games and still things we need to work on, but 3 points at this stage is what all that matters.

SC has to take some of the responsibility as Thomson was helping protect Williamson at RB but 1 minute before goal SC switched Thomson and Higginbotham, mainly because Ayr were doing well on the other side with Liam Smith getting forward from RB but Higginbotham was nowhere to be seen when cross (not shot) was put in. 

6 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Higginbotham was nowhere to be seen when cross (not shot) was put in. 

We'll never know for certain, but I think it was a shot. McDaid can be a wee bit greedy at times and I think he was going for the bottom corner. Not that this conjecture matters now.

We'll never know for certain, but I think it was a shot. McDaid can be a wee bit greedy at times and I think he was going for the bottom corner. Not that this conjecture matters now.

It was clearly a shot. McDaids not going to pass up a shooting opportunity like that.

Any news on the boy Thomson? I thought straight away it was his ACL, have had the knee buckle with no one near me myself. Mine ended up not too bad at all but it can be a really long road back if it's serious. Hate seeing it, hope it's not as bad as it looked.

Archived