Friday night's shite for football - Dunfermline v Ayr

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
I've heard this from quite a few opposition fans this season, however I'm struggling to understand why the Scotland U21 keeper and Scotland U21 full backs (one of whom was reckoned to be the best RB in the Championship the previous season)  are deemed to be so poor ?
We've also got the likes of Andy Murdoch, who is generally regarded as a good quality Championship player, in the middle of the park along with the likes of Mark Kerr, who although getting on, is again a proven performer at this level.
I do understand that the likes of Moffat and Geggan were written off as "finished" once they departed EEP and I also get that people had written off Shankland as a dumplin in much the same way, then we have the likes of Rose, Forrest, & McDaid who many appear to have binned at 19 just because they weren't playing for a "big club".
That's the great thing with having so many young players, they can all mature and kick on at different times and there's really no telling how far some of them could go in the game...........

The players you mention are good but conr on bell and Adams were finished years ago.

Bell actually did a decent job covering CH earlier in the season but he had started struggling  (like the rest of them) over the past couple of months. Adams as you say has his better days behind him but he does do ok as a squad player when he's actually fit !!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's wrong with Friday night football?
Anyway, not worrying about this one until Dundee United are out of the way.
IMO it's good if you're the home team but shite if you're the away team.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
What's wrong with Friday night football?
Anyway, not worrying about this one until Dundee United are out of the way.

IMO it's good if you're the home team but shite if you're the away team.

100%

Mental that this has been made a Friday 7:05pm kick-off, considering the distance between the two towns. Ayr fans being made to leave at about 5pm to drive (or before 4 for public transport) for a midweek fixture is poor. None of the Friday night games on the new BBC channel have seemed practical.

The kick off time is a b*****d, but given I live in Edinburgh and I have half-day Fridays I’m happy with all the Friday fixtures.

Think the rest may have done some good, get the injured lads back and rest any niggles. Given that most injuries we’ve had will probably come as a result of prolonged playing and deterioration/burnout, a rest was sorely needed...so many quick games in a short period could be great or catastrophic though. Not sure how it’ll go...

On 24/03/2019 at 17:08, Rob1885 said:
On 24/03/2019 at 14:00, D said:

You’re actually more obsessed with McCall than Ayr fans.

Reminds me of Jurgen Klopp.

Because they both look disheviled and frequently wear a hat?

Mental that this has been made a Friday 7:05pm kick-off, considering the distance between the two towns. Ayr fans being made to leave at about 5pm to drive (or before 4 for public transport) for a midweek fixture is poor. None of the Friday night games on the new BBC channel have seemed practical.

Is this not all about the timing of The Nine? Daft giving it a name that limits it’s scope to move. Why not call it Aboot Nine ...flexibility and Scottish provinence in only two extra letters.

This now a case of must win for Dunfermline and must not lose for Ayr?

I’d be ok with a point as it’ll keep us ahead with 2 games in hand but a win would make it very difficult for Dunfermline to get top 4.

On 25/03/2019 at 17:53, smpar said:

We had a 7.05 KO in Glasgow last week.  Our clubs don't care about what support they get, they care about the money they get from the BBC.

On 25/03/2019 at 11:26, WATTOO said:

I've heard this from quite a few opposition fans this season, however I'm struggling to understand why the Scotland U21 keeper and Scotland U21 full backs (one of whom was reckoned to be the best RB in the Championship the previous season)  are deemed to be so poor ?

We've also got the likes of Andy Murdoch, who is generally regarded as a good quality Championship player, in the middle of the park along with the likes of Mark Kerr, who although getting on, is again a proven performer at this level.

I do understand that the likes of Moffat and Geggan were written off as "finished" once they departed EEP and I also get that people had written off Shankland as a dumplin in much the same way, then we have the likes of Rose, Forrest, & McDaid who many appear to have binned at 19 just because they weren't playing for a "big club".

That's the great thing with having so many young players, they can all mature and kick on at different times and there's really no telling how far some of them could go in the game...........

Would have Moffat back in a second, even at 34. I think he is is certainly a big factor in Shankland's goal tally this season, it'll be interesting how he gets no longer playing with Moffat.

51 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Would have Moffat back in a second, even at 34. I think he is is certainly a big factor in Shankland's goal tally this season, it'll be interesting how he gets no longer playing with Moffat.

Yes, I'd agree with this, Moff hasn't got the same blistering pace he once had, however his touch and movement is excellent and he's great at creating space and playing the killer passes, basically he's a very intelligent footballer with a great attitude to boot.

From our perspective Forrest is also similar in many ways and we've really missed him in the few months that he's been out, but having said all that Shankland is very good at holding the ball up and also creating chances for himself and this is very evident when you compare him to the likes of Craig Moore who's basically just a finisher.

It should be a good game on Friday and too close to call if we're anything like back to our best but of course that's a BIG IF !!!

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This now a case of must win for Dunfermline and must not lose for Ayr?

I’d be ok with a point as it’ll keep us ahead with 2 games in hand but a win would make it very difficult for Dunfermline to get top 4.

Yep. If we don't win there isn't much chance for the Pars at all.

Just looked at the fixtures and after this Ayr have 3 home fixtures in a week, a good chance to effectively seal the play off spots up. 

In saying that if we can win the doubts will start creeping into the heads of the Ayr players. 

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I think Moffat actually only has around 5 assists.  Most of Shankland's goals have been coming from doing it himself tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Yep. If we don't win there isn't much chance for the Pars at all.

Just looked at the fixtures and after this Ayr have 3 home fixtures in a week, a good chance to effectively seal the play off spots up. 

In saying that if we can win the doubts will start creeping into the heads of the Ayr players. 

That would involve Ayr winning a football game against someone who isn't Alloa or Dundee United.  Unlikely. 

Archived