Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Romeo

Season ticket renewals.

Recommended Posts

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

What's complicated about it?

Nothing. You might needs to put it in grams, ounces and kilos for these ayrshire c***s though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's complicated about it?

Agreed. The match day pricing is maybe a bit convoluted but the more categories for season tickets the better, if it makes it affordable/attractive. All you have to do is tick a box. 

I'll let @craigkillie off though as he spoke very well about Saints on the podcast on Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nothing. You might needs to put it in grams, ounces and kilos for these ayrshire c***s though.

I bet you that sounded funny in your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's the fact that the categories are all completely different for every stand, and there are weird inconsistencies. Why can students only buy half-seasons at a time, for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's the fact that the categories are all completely different for every stand, and there are weird inconsistencies. Why can students only buy half-seasons at a time, for example?

They changed it to half seasons because most student cards expire in the October after graduation and people were taking advantage of that to get another student season ticket when they weren't going to be a registered student for the full season. I understand the thinking but must admit I was a bit annoyed about it when it was me in that position.

Agree there are some inconsistencies across the board but there's an explanation for most of them ie the Main Stand gives a better view so is more expensive, when we had a match day student gate it was only available in the East Stand, the club are trying desperately to make the Ormond Stand a 'family experience' so prices are generally cheaper etc etc.

Edited by Kyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's the fact that the categories are all completely different for every stand, and there are weird inconsistencies. Why can students only buy half-seasons at a time, for example?

I'm sure you get more leg room in the Main than East, so pay more of a price.

Ormond is a family stand so it's cheaper as you've to deal with screaming kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

They changed it to half seasons because most student cards expire in the October after graduation and people were taking advantage of that to get another student season ticket when they weren't going to be a registered student for the full season. I understand the thinking but must admit I was a bit annoyed about it when it was me in that position.

Wouldn't that be cancelled out by people not being able to get season tickets in the year before they sign up to become students? I've been using an adult season ticket this season, despite being an actual enrolled student for the entire season. Of course, sod's law being what it is, Hibs implemented a 50% price hike to student season cards for next season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Wouldn't that be cancelled out by people not being able to get season tickets in the year before they sign up to become students? I've been using an adult season ticket this season, despite being an actual enrolled student for the entire season. Of course, sod's law being what it is, Hibs implemented a 50% price hike to student season cards for next season...

Yeah I suppose it would. I was doing a 1 year course recently and the club asked me for an email/letter from the uni to confirm that I'm a student as I didn't have my matriculation card at the time of renewal. That may be the counter argument to that but I agree with you.

 

 For all the extra money the club is likely to make on making student tickets for a half season only, it does seem pretty mean spirited.

Edited by Kyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 10:15, tree house tam said:

Students can gtf imo

What have students done to you Tam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...