Cowden v QP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First priority for next season should be getting Mcgurn to sign on again. Our big problem is in midfield,Miller Malcolm and Buchanan did not want the ball and if they did get it they couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Presumably given a well deserved rocket at half time they put in a lot more effort second half which was fairly even.After our four one win at Elgin we had a sniff of fourth place  but it's been all downhill since then

35 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

First priority for next season should be getting Mcgurn to sign on again. Our big problem is in midfield,Miller Malcolm and Buchanan did not want the ball and if they did get it they couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Presumably given a well deserved rocket at half time they put in a lot more effort second half which was fairly even.After our four one win at Elgin we had a sniff of fourth place  but it's been all downhill since then

Aye, agree with all of that, we haven’t had a decent midfield for several seasons.

the game was woeful. The game plan was woeful. The pitch is shocking. Mcgurn our best player again.... our back 4 in the first 30 mins were all over the place. We improved 2nd half but in general we are a huff and puff team with very very little ability. Harder to beat which is what we were crying out for a couple of seasons back so we cant have it all. However being hard to beat and still show signs of improvement in attacking ability and intent should be the way we need to see ourselves but it wont happen with this team.

I was with Big Al in his match sponsorship and we talked about MOTM and went through all outfield players and not one would get above a 6 for saturdays performance. Worked hard yes but every football player should work hard to be fair. Bollan should have brought a sub on 5-10 mins earlier but can understand why he didnt (scared to lose game)

agree our midfield is just not good enough.

Hard to take positives out of the game other than we didnt lose. Hopefully against albion we can show a little more attacking threat and composure on the ball......

As Nelly said, the standard of our play from the 10 outfield players was pretty poor on the day.  With all due respect to Queens Park, you’re not one of the top sides in this league and it just highlights our shortcomings as a squad that we aren’t able to show more and create more.

We don’t have any natural wide players, we don’t have any pace upfront. A centre midfield pairing of Fraser and Miller might work in some games if we had outlets wide or upfront but we don’t.

Theres nobody in that team who can take a man on except maybe Swann and he’s currently at left back and didn’t have his best game either.

Said to Davy McGurn after my photo with him ‘really hope you’re here next season’. Sadly he didn’t respond to that, time will tell!

Not sure why McGurn was dropped earlier but if it was against his will it wouldn’t surprise me if he left. He is at the age where he will want to play (otherwise he would be as wel retiring) and he may be thinking “well they will play me until they get someone else in so what’s the point staying?”.

Best and most important player at the club in the last few years. 

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Not sure why McGurn was dropped earlier but if it was against his will it wouldn’t surprise me if he left. He is at the age where he will want to play (otherwise he would be as wel retiring) and he may be thinking “well they will play me until they get someone else in so what’s the point staying?”.

Best and most important player at the club in the last few years. 

Totally

It was an absolute pleasure to meet Peter Buchanan(?) I think?, in the boardroom.
Signed for QP in 1960 and score around 150 goals and been involved ever since. Now at the ripe old age of 81 and good company.
Absolute trooper! Played in the Olympics and, I think, with Alex Ferguson.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
12 hours ago, big al said:
It was an absolute pleasure to meet Peter Buchanan(?) I think?, in the boardroom.
Signed for QP in 1960 and score around 150 goals and been involved ever since. Now at the ripe old age of 81 and good company.

Absolute trooper! Played in the Olympics and, I think, with Alex Ferguson.

Yes he did play with Ferguson.

We played some good stuff in the first half but sadly our old failings in front of goal appeared again.  Unfortunately there's been too much of that this season.  We've drawn more games than anybody else in the league (10 if you count the Clyde game) I suppose one positive to take from that is we're not losing most weeks but we desperately need a goalscorer for next season if we want to make any sort of challenge for a top 4 finish

Archived