City vs Peterhead

Seems odd that for what is one of the biggest games of the season there’s no match thread (I know neither us nor Peterhead have much presence on here) but that aside it’s a biggie tomorrow.

We’ve been crap for weeks, maybe months, now and Peterhead are very obviously the best team in this division but............ that loss to Berwick midweek just allows a flicker of hope that they’re going to chuck it in classic McInally style.

Going to go for a 1-1 draw, a crowd of around 500 and a wind speed of ‘windy as f**k’

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Seems odd that for what is one of the biggest games of the season there’s no match thread (I know neither us nor Peterhead have much presence on here) 

I WAS going to start this thread a few days ago, but thought "what's the point?".  Like most threads on here these days, it'll just get hijacked by the usual Clyde Clowns spouting their same old pish yet again....

Anyway, for what it's worth,  I think this might be a 1-1 draw.  Much depends on who's available for both teams.   Is Rory back for Peterheid?  What team will McDonagh put out for City?

We've had a few of the poorer players in our squad getting a game recently, which is obviously not helping.   

If the good Peterhead turn up and fancy it, then they'll probably win this.

I WAS going to start this thread a few days ago, but thought "what's the point?".  Like most threads on here these days, it'll just get hijacked by the usual Clyde Clowns spouting their same old pish yet again....
Anyway, for what it's worth,  I think this might be a 1-1 draw.  Much depends on who's available for both teams.   Is Rory back for Peterheid?  What team will McDonagh put out for City?
We've had a few of the poorer players in our squad getting a game recently, which is obviously not helping.   
Rory is back, Lyle is out for the rest of the season though, broke his ankle on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Rory is back, Lyle is out for the rest of the season though, broke his ankle on Tuesday.

Disappointing for Lyle. In fact, at 38 might just finish his career.

Peterhead win and it should be enough to hold on. Edinburgh win and we'll probably collapse again.

Looks like a stick on draw, then.

Has anyone mentioned Clyde yet or do we just look to the Top of the League thread for their contribution. Can not be bothered to check but for a team that has not been top of the league all season they seem determined to seek a bit of glory on it.

Has anyone mentioned Clyde yet or do we just look to the Top of the League thread for their contribution. Can not be bothered to check but for a team that has not been top of the league all season they seem determined to seek a bit of glory on it.

If we go top for the first time all season after the 36th match that will do us just fine.

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Starting a City thread on here is like opening a jar of jam on a summer's day. It attracts pests- wasps/Clyde fans. You swat one and hunners suddenly appear. No one likes them and they're no use to anyone (except wasps are apparently quite useful in the garden).

Starting a City thread on here is like opening a jar of jam on a summer's day. It attracts pests- wasps/Clyde fans. You swat one and hunners suddenly appear. No one likes them and they're no use to anyone (except wasps are apparently quite useful in the garden).

Your club knows all about pests right enough. . .

Pub info please.

You’d be as well drinking in Stockbridge and then heading up to the game from there, 20/25 min walk or quick taxi. The Bailie is a reasonable shout as is The Antiquary.

Because no other team’s fans comment on Clyde threads...no siree...

This match is our last hope to get back into the title shootout and we’re not even in it. Edinburgh win coupled with 3 points for us would leave just 5 points between the top 3.

Whilst I believe we can still catch and overtake the paedo-whisperers, there is simply no way we are overhauling Peterhead now save from a bed-shitting of mammoth proportions.

Are you familiar with the managerial career of Jim mcinally? A mammoth bed-shitting is highly possible and back to back defeats by Berwick and Edinburgh would certainly get that prospect on Peterhead minds.

2 home wins in the key games today and we are 5 points off top, even before any appeal decision and with Peterhead still to play. I’d take that.

Archived