Black & Tangerine Vs Black & Yellow

Guest DAVIDB69

Need to keep on going Tuesday and get it down to 2 perhaps county have hit a sticky spell , they are losing to a welsh clothing shop team in the challenge cup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Ram that right up Alloa's arse. Despicable club. 

Thought it was a tight game and couldn't have complained loudly if it ended 1-1.

I think I hate Jim Goodwin even more than I ever did, and I was only listening on the radio

We probably just about deserved the win going by our 2nd half efforts. Robson was excellent in the 2nd 45 mins and Reynolds was pretty composed for the majority of the game.

We looked a lot better once Pawlett came on for Smith and kept him playing through the  centre for the most part.

Overall a good win against a team that we've repeatedly struggled against this season, although the mood among our fans really was unpleasant for the opening 25 mins or so.

3 hours ago, captainkev said:

We probably just about deserved the win going by our 2nd half efforts. Robson was excellent in the 2nd 45 mins and Reynolds was pretty composed for the majority of the game.

We looked a lot better once Pawlett came on for Smith and kept him playing through the  centre for the most part.

Overall a good win against a team that we've repeatedly struggled against this season, although the mood among our fans really was unpleasant for the opening 25 mins or so.

It was a better performance than Tuesday’s but not by much.  I don’t agree with you about Reynolds and was astounded when he got MotM.  Yes there are times when you want a dominant centre half who just clears the ball but for most of the game he showed no composure and just blootered the ball up the park; at least Bouhenna kept trying to find a man when he was in possession.

I was frustrated by Harkes; Stanton had a really poor game and I was delighted to see Harkes brought on but he was awful.  Delighted by Robson’s performance again; hopefully he can grow into this new role and develop skills that will complement it.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It was a better performance than Tuesday’s but not by much.  I don’t agree with you about Reynolds and was astounded when he got MotM.  Yes there are times when you want a dominant centre half who just clears the ball but for most of the game he showed no composure and just blootered the ball up the park; at least Bouhenna kept trying to find a man when he was in possession.

I was frustrated by Harkes; Stanton had a really poor game and I was delighted to see Harkes brought on but he was awful.  Delighted by Robson’s performance again; hopefully he can grow into this new role and develop skills that will complement it.

That's interesting regarding Reynolds. From my perspective, when we were at our worst in the first half, incapable of stringing basic passes together (despite Alloa sitting deep as soon as they went in front), Reynolds was the one taking the initiative to move forward with the ball and trying to make things happen for us. Once Pawlett came on he didn't need to drive forward on the ball as much, but I thought on the whole he looked solid today. Robson would have been my M.o.t.M though tbf.

Bouhenna for me looked shaky all game, with one particular low point coming in the first half when he conceded a corner with what should have been a simple backpass back to Siegrist.

I didn't think Harkes was too bad actually, although the only other time I've seen him play was the Montrose games, so I've not seen some of the better performances by him since to compare today to.

It was poor stuff yesterday and the type of display that is very typical of us since we have been in the Championship. As soon as a team makes things difficult for us we seem confused as to how to break them down and we revert to hesitant, possession based football. We did at least create a few real chances in the second-half and we did deserve to win but it was all a bit rubbish.

Fair play to Jamie Robson. Despite being limited in terms of tricks and flicks he has great determination and enthusiasm to get the ball into the box which caused their fullbacks some problems. Happy for him to be given another chance in that role on Tuesday.

Archived