Mo v Stenny

Well I'm going to the game - anybody else going?

Three points should just about see the Mo safe but three points dropped would result in nail biting stuff - still tight in L1 with 20+ points to play for. Stenny need the win so I've no doubt they will be up for it. Just hope the Mo are up for it as well. 

Should be a decent crowd today if nothing else, big props to the MCT.

If going ten points clear of Stenny today isn't incentive enough to win, I don't know what is. I doubt they'll be as off-colour as they were last time up here however, and we are finding goals hard to come by. I'd probably take a draw right now, but would really prefer the win and get safety secured as soon as possible. 

Deserve to be losing
In the first half yeah we were the better team.Second half of day you were on top most of the game.Big win for Montrose though massive 3 points that's all that matters.

Excellent result, not the prettiest performance.

If Stenny go down in 10th by a couple of points then it's games like this one that will haunt them - they had a large chunk of the second half to themselves but didn't really look like getting the goal, and a late piece of carelessness at the back finished them off. One absolute peach of a save from Fleming in the first half aside, he wasn't tested too much. 

Would expect a fairly similar game plan against Stranraer next week, hopefully with the same result, and a place in this league all-but the in the bag.

Thought the second half from us was a pretty brutal watch. Probably shaded the first half, but second 45 left me thinking we were very fortunate to get the win. Although Munro's toys out the pram tirade at the linesman including the sentence "but he's malkayed it out the park; if I did that I'd be booked" was a highlight. To be fair to him, he was passionate about the game compared to a few of our lads who were pretty flat.

Four points from Stranraer and Brechin over the next week and a half and we should be safe. Makes the final 5 games (including all of top 4) slightly less important, though 6th April may be a title party for our neighbours down the road.

Sent from my HTC One A9s using Tapatalk

Agree we shaded the first half but even so for the last 10 minutes at least, of that first half we were starting to defend a one goal lead. Second half we just handed the initiative to Stenny who have only themselves to blame for getting nowt out of the game.

From a Mo point of view I'm happy with the 3 points but I'm far from happy with our second half performance and if that was deliberate tactics i.e. defend a one goal lead for the entire half then it's not my idea of progress. Stenny were shaky at the back and there were more goals to be had. In the circumstances fair enough we got away with but I still reckon we have the squad to push on and dominate a game which we were well capable of dominating for the full 90 and that's what I want. In mitigation for the tactics I suppose they were 'must not lose' tactics but even so I still feel our defence can look after itself whilst midfield and attack play and keep the ball more upfield i.e. out of our penalty area for most of the 45 minutes.

I thought we were by far the better side in the first half and should have been comfortable by half time. Two attempts cleared off the line and a few more chances not taken meant the second half was always going to be nervy. Will be interesting to see the highlights of the penalty incident. It was a stonewaller but ruled out for offside. Impossible to tell from where I was if it was or not. Second half Stenny took control .. I suspect a lot of that was down to nerves on our part .. caused by the recent bad run. Players seemed to dither and were uncertain about what they were trying to. We were lucky to stay ahead and the second goal was met with a huge roar of relief! The Seagull deserved his MoM award for two cracking saves .. the first was very good .. but I thought Rossco was our best outfield player. Bullied the two centre halves and never gave them any easy header all game.

I missed the match due a heavy cold but, I can't help feel that was a big moment in the season - both for us and Stenny. We needed three points after a poor run and to get us going again. The next 8 days Stranraer at home and Brechin away can make us comfortable. It is within our control which is what you want at this time of year. Although both games will be tough as they are fighting for their league status. The cut-throat League 1 continues!

Archived