Anyway, the football. I’ve no idea what team Aberdeen will start with on Saturday. I saw that a few first team players were given 90 minutes in the Reserve game against Dundee on Tuesday, I think it was. Devlin, Halford, Wilson, May and Gleeson so I would doubt that any of these players will actually start. Whatever team we put out, I hope that they can handle the Hearts Hammerthrowers, and come away up the road with the three points.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Anyway, the football. I’ve no idea what team Aberdeen will start with on Saturday. I saw that a few first team players were given 90 minutes in the Reserve game against Dundee on Tuesday, I think it was. Devlin, Halford, Wilson, May and Gleeson so I would doubt that any of these players will actually start. Whatever team we put out, I hope that they can handle the Hearts Hammerthrowers, and come away up the road with the three points.

Devlin will start. Possibly May as well.

Now that we're hopefully past the 'who cares less about this game' debate, it's actually fairly important to us.

Whilst Scottish cup is now the main goal we are in danger of sleepwalking into losing a European spot if we're not careful.  A result here would go a long way to allaying those fears.

I'm looking forward to it and the Dons owe a performance to the fans and themselves after the first half at Tynecastle back in October.  One of the worst performances I've seen under Mcinnes.

I’d like to see Devlin start, but think that we will continue with McKenna and Considine. 

After us playing 180 minutes in Glasgow earlier this month and conceding ZERO goals, I don't think there's any way Devlin starts ahead of Considine.   

Devlin looked way off it in the Livi home game - he was more Zander Diamond than the Devlin of the first part of the season.

Maybe if McKenna's still struggling for fitness, which we were told he was before the internationals, then Devlin comes in.

Normally after full time match threads contain lots of comments from supporters of the winning side gloating about how the other lot are a complete shower of shite.

The way this thread is going pre match I half expect it to be full of supporters of the losing side bragging about how they’ve got real problems to complain about

On 27/03/2019 at 13:36, tarapoa said:

As mentioned earlier, our record against Levein teams is utterly miserable.

According to transfermarkt his record managing against Aberdeen is 17 games, 9 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats. 24 goals scored, 16 conceded.

If you ignore teams hes met less than 10 times, Aberdeen is his second most successful opponent behind St Mirren.

Archived