• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

Scottish cup aside, I've completely lost interest in this season. Our home form has sucked any enthusiasm out of me, and I actually thought we were playing Dundee this weekend.

At least it's an away game, thank f**k. Although as pointed out, this is a place where we really struggle.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Positives - it's an away game and we tend to be the dogs danglies away from home.

Negatives - it's at Tynecastle, a place where we've struggled with the physical onslaught from Levein sides too often in the past.

prediction 1-1   (the big Cambridge boy /  top midfielder Shinnie)

Ahh, the "Big Physical Hearts" stereotype. Well played.

The only certain starters that could be described as big and physical  are Berra and Ikpeazu. Maybe Dikamona if he starts. This will be balanced by at least 2 or 3 midgets in the team. If you fail to beat us it will be because you've failed to score more than one goal - because no way are we scoring more than one. In fact, we don't even like to put more than one shot on target in 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I would guess without checking that our average height is taller than Hearts.

Now we can move on to arguments about wasting time and night fouls to break up play. Hearts are masters at that tactic.

Wasting time suggests we'd be ahead in a game, and niggly fouls suggests a modicum of effort from our players. Now I'm no one of they Sherlock Holmes, but I'm deducing it's been a while since you saw us play eh?

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Wasting time suggests we'd be ahead in a game, and niggly fouls suggests a modicum of effort from our players. Now I'm no one of they Sherlock Holmes, but I'm deducing it's been a while since you saw us play eh?

Last time you played us.

5 hours ago, McDanger27 said:

Remember when this was eagerly anticipated because of the McInnes v Levein feud?

That’s been kind of overtaken in the media by other events!

2-1 dons with Shinnie getting the winner on 90+6

What other events? 

I'm not being wide, btw - I just don't know. 

Just seen an article in the Evening News.  I knew Aberdeen's record at Tynie was poor, I never realised quite how bad.  

Last 20 years: P34 W22 D6 L6 F57 A21
Last 10 years where Aberdeen have generally been a better team, even then 2 of those wins were against Cathro's Hearts so I move that they should be struck from the record.  One of the other's was Laszlo's last game in charge: P15 W9 D2 L4 F25 A13
Levein's home record as manager against Aberdeen: P9 W6 D3 L0 F11 A2

So having said all that, I'm confident we can keep it down to 0-2.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just seen an article in the Evening News.  I knew Aberdeen's record at Tynie was poor, I never realised quite how bad.  

Last 10 years where Aberdeen have generally been a better team, even then 2 of those wins were against Cathro's Hearts so I move that they should be struck from the record.  One of the other's was Laszlo's last game in charge: P15 W9 D2 L4 F25 A13

We've been utterly shit for 15 of these last 20 years though, so obviously they don't count.

And with Hearts being cheating f*ckers and spending from the magic money tree for years, these wins obviously don't count either.

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

As mentioned earlier, our record against Levein teams is utterly miserable.

For a while that was at Pittodrie and Tynecastle, and his Dundee United teams.   We've addressed that to an extent at home.

Whereas a point was made that AFC have generally been very bad for long spells (since the mid 90s really), we have been consistent top half under a combined ten seasons of Calderwood/McInnes.

Levein will always go with a nightclub bouncer type up front, and I recall us really toiling with the likes of Daly and De Vries  - but it's something we should be able to handle right now. If we lose this one, I will need to blame the tiny pitch instead.

Archived