41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You would have had the same angle as the referee (although he was a bit closer).

We were in Section B further up than the fans in the background of the photo so couldn't see the contact but the way he fell didn't look like a dive to me.

I'd expected the ref to give the benefit of the doubt to both Lewis and Ikpeazu . I suspect  he now wishes he had.

It may be that the appeal system makes referees more confident in giving yellow cards for diving as they know that mistakes can be corrected.

Quite possibly.

I think the fact it was so soon after the first penalty combined with it being one of those where as soon as the ball goes through you know Uche is going down, whether he's been caught or not. So that probably influences the ref a bit.

Definite pen though.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice in that very Scottish way everyone is lining up to have their say how bad the young prospect is.

Of six fixtures in Glasgow this season, only 2 goals conceded.

McKenna was excellent in these matches, but is young so will have dips. Grant Hanley went for 6 million and there’s a dearth of big physical defenders - we’ll get good money for him and he’ll play for the national team (perhaps alongside Soutar) for years to come.

I notice in that very Scottish way everyone is lining up to have their say how bad the young prospect is.

Of six fixtures in Glasgow this season, only 2 goals conceded.

McKenna was excellent in these matches, but is young so will have dips. Grant Hanley went for 6 million and there’s a dearth of big physical defenders - we’ll get good money for him and he’ll play for the national team (perhaps alongside Soutar) for years to come.

Comes with the territory I suppose, the more recognition you get the more folk will line up to take shots.

McKenna is developing just fine although he’s had his moments this season. I think that’s pretty standard for a young defender.

As you say he’s been fantastic at times this season.

The teuchters are furiously back peddling now with their star man.yXAbrOQ.png&key=c78ba25bad130a082e5924125b2c23cf7cb4ca7eb522730580014f30c9c31100 He plays well sometimes in this tinpot league does he? warnock.png&key=36d19f11f1f0fbc95a2d79aada3888babd93dc2f4f32450f9c85c2d4a9471a0d

Aye, he's in the same bracket as Grant fucking Hanley. Fantastic!iZT8ghc.png&key=3a69d0e7868ae2c37e03723e5b362a24b5c8cbace2feee1f5a67035726e65ff9 

Plays well away to the weegie clubs. Can get complacent in smaller games and needs to work on that.

.....and much better than Hanley, but just a reminder that you don’t have to be Franco Baresi Mark 2 to go for a lot of money in that market.

.....and yes I am a teuchter (these days), but a gentrified one from Royal Deeside.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived