9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts fans particularly excitable after a game they claimed they didn’t care about 24 hours ago.

This tony wonder fella falling over himself to repeatedly screech about how bad McKenna is particularly amusing.

Mccringe

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I’m not nearly interesting enough to have a heads gone over a game of football. Although I did come close when the Roseburn was full of Irish rugby fans post match yesterday.

Happy to take the heads gone posts if it helps some people though.

Interesting photograph. Looks like Uche never dived after all.
Can the yellow be rescinded? I had thought it couldn't.

Think you can appeal a dive.

I thought it was a dive at the time but having watched sportscene Lewis was very lucky to get away with it.

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Creativity and skill but you have a manager who rarely plays him in his proper position. You'd be as well asking him to be your keeper

A point lots of Dons fans have made.  It seemed strange bringing him back, given how average he was during his first spell with us. Granted he was very good for Killie and it must have pissed them off for Birmingham to recall him and then send him up to us.  I suppose the hope was that McInnes had seen how Stewart had been used and how good he had been in that role, and would utilise him accordingly.

Sadly, that seems not to have been the case and we're once again unimpressed by Stewart. 

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yeah you can appeal a yellow for simulation or mistaken identity.

Though didn't Rangers just ignore that and file an appeal for a Morelos yellow against St Mirren anyway?

Was it not Candeias who they tried to appeal a second yellow for.

That’s an incredible picture.

Empty seats at Tynecastle?????

WTF??????

Happens now and again when we’re playing one of the smaller teams in the league...

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

That’s an incredible picture.

Empty seats at Tynecastle?????

WTF??????

Listen, Naegood - there's no need to have a pop at our loyalty. You're missing the point. We cough up plenty for our season tickets and our Foundation direct debits. We shouldn't be expected to actually watch the stodgy football too !

I think it is the first time we have lost taking the lead since the Scottish Cup final in 2017.

That 2nd half performance was dreadful especially from a defence point of view. McKenna at times this season has been amazing but other times he has looked dreadful - I suppose we are going to get that from a 22-year old, Considine has played very well in defence recently but Saturday is a game he would like to forgot after giving the pen away and also missed the header for the 2nd goal.

Business end of the season and performances are a major concern - hopefully we can pick it up but really worried especially with our home form.

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think you can appeal a dive.

I thought it was a dive at the time but having watched sportscene Lewis was very lucky to get away with it.

You would have had the same angle as the referee (although he was a bit closer).

We were in Section B further up than the fans in the background of the photo so couldn't see the contact but the way he fell didn't look like a dive to me.

I'd expected the ref to give the benefit of the doubt to both Lewis and Ikpeazu . I suspect  he now wishes he had.

It may be that the appeal system makes referees more confident in giving yellow cards for diving as they know that mistakes can be corrected.

Archived