McKenna in many ways reminds me of a young Christophe Berra, left sided, physically imposing and quick, but technically limited. Given Berra went for over £2.5million 10 years ago, I don't suppose it's out of the question, that factoring in inflation, that the Dons should be looking for more than that.

Of the game, great second half from Hearts and we learned a lesson from previous games this season when playing a back 3, by playing Berra in the middle so he can concentrate on defending and also to limit his time on the ball.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jute said:

Never a penalty for the first from the pictures I have seen but deservedly beaten today.  Some of our players being found out for the dross they are now. No idea what McInnes was playing at with substitution of McLenann for Devlin when chasing the game. 

A was in the gorgie end and it’s not a pen but but the 2nd shout when he got booked for diving looked a pen 

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

McKenna in many ways reminds me of a young Christophe Berra, left sided, physically imposing and quick, but technically limited. Given Berra went for over £2.5million 10 years ago, I don't suppose it's out of the question, that factoring in inflation, that the Dons should be looking for more than that.

Of the game, great second half from Hearts and we learned a lesson from previous games this season when playing a back 3, by playing Berra in the middle so he can concentrate on defending and also to limit his time on the ball.

Difference with that comparison is Berra was a miles better defender.  The amount of times McKenna gets caught under the ball, or caught on the ball is mental.  He'll never play higher than the English Championship.

6 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

Any thoughts on Cosgrove’s forearm smash in the first half being only a yellow? From back of the wheatfield I thought he was very lucky to stay on.

Another clogger doing his best to injure a fellow professional.

Aberdeen team is full of them.

17 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

Any thoughts on Cosgrove’s forearm smash in the first half being only a yellow? From back of the wheatfield I thought he was very lucky to stay on.

Berra got interviewed in the gorgie suite after the game  and he said it wasn’t a red and he made the most off it 

33 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

'Orange card' type thing. 

I think Beaton just wasn't very sure which card to give, he went to speak to Cosgrove and changed his mind and checked on Berra first, I thought he was probably looking for blood/no blood to make his mind up on what colour card he was giving.  Not sure it's the best way to judge it tbh. 

26 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Berra got interviewed in the gorgie suite after the game  and he said it wasn’t a red and he made the most off it 

He wasn’t the only 1. Several jambos were  at it. Never noticed before that diving is a tactic at Hearts, certainly not the amount of ‘conning the ref’ that went on yesterday. 

Found it quite amusing how mental the home fans were going at the ref. He had clearly got some of the decisions correct where the jambos were near exploding with rage.

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts fans particularly excitable after a game they claimed they didn’t care about 24 hours ago.

This tony wonder fella falling over himself to repeatedly screech about how bad McKenna is particularly amusing.

:lol:

1 hour ago, big al said:

He wasn’t the only 1. Several jambos were  at it. Never noticed before that diving is a tactic at Hearts, certainly not the amount of ‘conning the ref’ that went on yesterday. 

Found it quite amusing how mental the home fans were going at the ref. He had clearly got some of the decisions correct where the jambos were near exploding with rage.

default_jj.png

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts fans particularly excitable after a game they claimed they didn’t care about 24 hours ago.

This tony wonder fella falling over himself to repeatedly screech about how bad McKenna is particularly amusing.

PcadoTc.png

Archived