1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I didn't watch the game, but I'm going to assume LiveScore printing that centre-back Michael Devlin replaced winger and goalscorer Connor McLennan in the 87th minute, when 2-1 down away at a team below us in the league, is a technical error. 

Not a mis-print. Did wonder wtf that was about

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved that. First half we were absolutely dreadful, second we were excellent.  
Even first half though Aberdeen never exactly created loads.  Brilliant run from Mulraney for the penalty. The one Uche was denied was never a dive.  And as for Uche, what a man.  Absolute wrecking ball, some of the things he does is brilliant, some dreadful such as his miss of the season contender. But he shirks absolutely nothing and works nonstop.  Must be a handful for any centre halves, hope he's ok.  I seen the incident and he was out cold and limp before hitting the deck.
If we are cautious, which we should be, he's no chance of making the derby.
Oh, McKenna is absolutely fucking useless.  Ta.

McKenna in the first half made a good job of tackling the physicality of Ikpeazu head on by shoving, pushing and wrestling . Pushing thing to the limit of the laws as they were being enforced.

If he’d had his arms all over Uche’s frame any more than he did then the first half would have been homoerotic

Eventually this stopped working. Whether this was because the referee got wise and tightened up or McKenna got tired and started pushing things just over the line, as opposed to just up to it, is difficult to say but once our target man was allowed to play a little we seemed to function a lot more effectively

44 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I take it Aberdeen wish they'd taken Stoke's offer of £5 million for McKenna in January? Sounds like you'd be lucky to get a straight swap with Darren O' Dea  at the moment.

Could not lace souttars boots when he is not fully fit yet.  5 million :whistle

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I didn't watch the game, but I'm going to assume LiveScore printing that centre-back Michael Devlin replaced winger and goalscorer Connor McLennan in the 87th minute, when 2-1 down away at a team below us in the league, is a technical error. 

He went up front, the ball never got that far. 

big uche is a monster upfront bullies defenders can turn a player and finishing is not the best but if it was he would not be at hearts.  Hope he is back for hibs game with that head knock as Craig will throw zamal upfront.

Game of two halves as they say.

Absolutely bossed the first half with no threat whatsoever.

Second was completely different and could see that comeback coming even at 1-0. Uche is not a great footballer but f**k me he’s a handful and his physicality eventually wore us down.

We’re in danger of letting this league season turn pretty sour in terms of position so we need to switch back on.

Second half was abysmal today and I’m a bit raging if I’m honest.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Game of two halves as they say.

Absolutely bossed the first half with no threat whatsoever.

Second was completely different and could see that comeback coming even at 1-0. Uche is not a great footballer but f**k me he’s a handful and his physicality eventually wore us down.

We’re in danger of letting this league season turn pretty sour in terms of position so we need to switch back on.

Second half was abysmal today and I’m a bit raging if I’m honest.

When he gets space with the ball he's actually got good feet for a big fella. 

When he gets space with the ball he's actually got good feet for a big fella. 

It wasn’t meant to come across as a bitter ‘he’s just a battering ram and he’s shite’ type post, which I appreciate it probably did.

But let’s not pretend technical ability is his USP.

big uche is a monster upfront bullies defenders can turn a player and finishing is not the best but if it was he would not be at hearts.  Hope he is back for hibs game with that head knock as Craig will throw zamal upfront.

The guy that presents the Guardian Football Weekly podcast is a Cambridge fan and mentioned him being a “cult hero” there.

He also qualified that by saying if he’s tearing up Scottish football then you have to worry how bad things are up there.

Given recent evidence, he’s maybe not wrong.

2 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I take it Aberdeen wish they'd taken Stoke's offer of £5 million for McKenna in January? Sounds like you'd be lucky to get a straight swap with Darren O' Dea  at the moment.

McKenna was excellent today the dumpling playing along side him was shite 

42 minutes ago, woolf said:

Great 2nd half from us.

The "graham shinnie",one of our own song got me thinking!What song will you lot sing when he joins his mate at Rangers?

The only atmosphere from the hearts end was moaning about the ref until you scored 

Archived