Scott Bain

Busta Nut

Scott Bain  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scott Bain is bang average. I don't think he's bad, as such, but is one of the most obvious examples in recent years of someone who becomes a Scotland regular purely on the basis that he plays for one of the Old Firm.

I may be biased but I'd have both Gillespie and Carson at Motherwell before Bain. Zander Clark, Liam Kelly, Daniel Bachmann, Joe Lewis and even a mentally deranged Alan Mcgregor are all better keepers than Bain.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Scott Bain is bang average. I don't think he's bad, as such, but is one of the most obvious examples in recent years of someone who becomes a Scotland regular purely on the basis that he plays for one of the Old Firm.

I may be biased but I'd have both Gillespie and Carson at Motherwell before Bain. Zander Clark, Liam Kelly, Daniel Bachmann, Joe Lewis and even a mentally deranged Alan Mcgregor are all better keepers than Bain.

Naw your just thick

6 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Aye on the Scotland thread putting non Scots up who been capped by other nations at various levels is pretty dence

I would have thought it was pretty clear from my post that I was giving examples of 'keepers in the same league who I think are better than Bain rather than 'keepers who I think should play for Scotland. I'm well aware that not all of those that I gave as examples are Scottish.

20 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I would have thought it was pretty clear from my post that I was giving examples of 'keepers in the same league who I think are better than Bain rather than 'keepers who I think should play for Scotland. I'm well aware that not all of those that I gave as examples are Scottish.

Buchmann is a Watford player and the seasons over 

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48542794
I think I might side with the Dundee fans after reading that. What an obnoxious p***k.
On another note I think English’s transition to your typical shite Scottish football journalist is complete.

I got to the bit about how Bain was a p***k because he was too good to be playing for Dundee and gave up.

What a lot of shite that is.

What a remarkable arse kissing article that is.  If it was ANdy Robertson or someone really good I could understand it but Scott Bain?  He also sounds a complete dickhead, hopefully he chucks it in a few times for Celtic next season.  

What a remarkable arse kissing article that is.  If it was ANdy Robertson or someone really good I could understand it but Scott Bain?  He also sounds a complete dickhead, hopefully he chucks it in a few times for Celtic next season.  

I like how he goes on about the nobility of continuing to car pool with Lewis Spence, even although the manager might have an adverse effect on his career. I’m sure the other players were humbled.