Scott Bain

Busta Nut

Scott Bain  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scott Bain is a bang average goalkeeper IMO. Lacks any sort of real presence to be considered anything other than a decent SPL goalkeeper. Playing for Celtic masks his flaws being that he “looks” comfortable on the ball(his distrubution is actually quite poor - don’t mistake confidence for actual quality) and has to deal with 1 shot a game. Scotland can get better. 

On 4/5/2019 at 09:36, G_Man1985 said:

Yet you still havnt watched him and have no idea how well he has been performing.

Let's talk about a player and presume he is better than someone even though I havnt seen him play recently .

Good input

Marshall is playing in a better league he has not fell of the face of the earth they let McGregor go as myself and others have said to you but you probably think Bain is better than him to

2 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Marshall is playing in a better league he has not fell of the face of the earth they let McGregor go as myself and others have said to you but you probably think Bain is better than him to

Did they not get rid of McGregor because they were cutting costs and he was on the larger wage, and had more interest from clubs wanting to buy him?

Tartan Tammy is 100% related to Marshall, it's the best nay possible explanation.

Nobody in their right mind would claim that somebody they have openly admitted not watching for ages is in better form than someone else. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Bain is a solid goalie with excellent distribution. In the scheme of things, the first choice goalie is about 20th on the list of urgent issues to be addressed. The top 18 issues revolve around McLeish, his management team and the SFA. 

Honestly, in terms of the on-field stuff, the goalkeeping situation is right up there with the right back and the centre back problems.  Assuming McLeish gets his jotters, it's probably in the top three pressing current issues for the team, and in the long term it looks almost catastrophically bleak.

11 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Naw he was free to talk to who ever on a bosmsn he naturally picked Rangers on a bosman

11 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

2018 McGregor rejected new contract at Hull

Exactly, they offered him and Marashall reduced deals and McGregor, having to take the bigger drop and with more interest, decided to leave.

I'm not sure how that proves Marshall is better.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, in terms of the on-field stuff, the goalkeeping situation is right up there with the right back and the centre back problems.  Assuming McLeish gets his jotters, it's probably in the top three pressing current issues for the team, and in the long term it looks almost catastrophically bleak.

"assuming he gets his jotters" is doing a bit of heavy lifting there. Until that happens and until the SFA sees fit to replace him with someone competent who wants to implement full structural and footballing changes, its like discussing the merits of a car cigarette lighter when your vehicle is hurtling over a cliff. 

On 4/7/2019 at 09:49, Dele said:

Tartan Tammy is 100% related to Marshall, it's the best nay possible explanation.

Nobody in their right mind would claim that somebody they have openly admitted not watching for ages is in better form than someone else. 

Naw I'm no I'm a Prod

Marshall linked to Liverpool

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Exactly, they offered him and Marashall reduced deals and McGregor, having to take the bigger drop and with more interest, decided to leave.

I'm not sure how that proves Marshall is better.

Marshall is not better than McGregor but is better than Bain that was my point and many others in agreement

Bain is a solid goalie with excellent distribution. In the scheme of things, the first choice goalie is about 20th on the list of urgent issues to be addressed. The top 18 issues revolve around McLeish, his management team and the SFA. 

C'mon, I'm dying to know what's 19th???

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Just threw a goal in due to a complete lack of presence. He’s dreadful.

The goal had absolutely nothing to do with Bain - I have no idea why folk are desperate to dig the guy out for stuff that isn't his fault. Punting it out of the park about 40 times in the first half or flapping at crosses, fair enough.