Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you have played the game you would know what McKenna and Brown did to morelos happens multiple times during the game when the ref isn't looking.
Every player at any level has experienced the same things countless times you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because  it was Scott Brown.

Of course it happens in every game. That's beside the point.

The second line is so ironic because you are only defending it because it was Scott Brown.

12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
Of course. Doesn't get away from the fact Brown clips his heels, as funny as it was to watch.

I would not have booked Brown for it, but I would have given a free kick if I saw it. As I have said elsewhere Morelos has an issue that goes beyond work & I do sympathise with him but irrespective of that, after giving him the free kick I would have sent him off for violent conduct.

Yea I agree this would have been the correct course of action!

How did the game restart? I was there but can't remember!

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

If you have played the game you would know what McKenna and Brown did to morelos happens multiple times during the game when the ref isn't looking.
Every player at any level has experienced the same things countless times you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because  it was Scott Brown.

In the world of getting your own back it would appear that if you run the tape far enough back just before Brown chips Morelos and gets elbowed, low and behold Morelos has run up to the back of Brown and given him a wee elbow (I am not shocked at all with Morelos doing this).  Brown nips him back and the next thing Morelos explodes (again, no surprise and is off).

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes it is odd that the focus is principally on Scott Brown rather than Kent, Halliday and Foderingham who all set the example that it's ok to be physically violent if someone has annoyed you a little bit. If we're inventing causal links you'd think that example is more direct.  I've left Morelos out because, tbf, he has been widely criticized. 

I would be interested to see what Brown did at full time. Michael Stewart didn't seem to think there was much goading at all but I would reserve my judgement on that aspect until I've seen it. 

Edited by The OP

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Well done.

Lots of footballers, and some officials;)  cause supporter unrest  to some degree or other, and at most  games ,  you must have seen a tackle from a opposition player, or even the worse decision ever by an ref at your particular game that caused you to go apoplectic or even to stand quickly up along with fellow supporters and muse how wrong  the decision was or was not.  That's football, it generally causes emotion , disturbance, agitation etc etc it's why lots of people get hooked

I'm unaware of any undue unrest from Rangers fans in the stadium caused by Brown, although my opinion is fans at this particular fixture, and maybe Morton v St Mirren  do exhibit disproportionate reactions to the assistant ref getting a shy wrong.

However there are limits, a Canotna flying kick is unacceptable clearly.

Rangers players lost the plot, Morelos over reacts, his European disciplinary record sorta backs that up, Kent just lost a goal and was duely upset albeit his reaction was the worse of the afternoon,  Halliday is Rangers mad with the emphasis on the mad.

Stevie G spent a lot of money on that team, having it confirmed in one game that the season was over officially might have been a contributing factor to the indiscipline of his platers

Just now, The OP said:

Yes it is odd that the focus is principally on Scott Brown rather than Kent, Halliday and Foderingham who all set the example that it's ok to be physically violent if someone has annoyed you a little bit. I've we're inventing causal links you'd think that example is more direct.  I've left Morelos out because, tbf, he has been widely criticized. 

I would be interested to see what Brown did at full time. Michael Stewart didn't seem to think there was much goading at all but I would reserve my judgement on that aspect until I've seen it. 

Where have I stated that.

Bizarre post. To a man almost every poster has condemned the actions of bams based on what happens on the football pitch.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Where have I stated that.

Bizarre post. To a man almost every poster has condemned the actions of bams based on what happens on the football pitch.

Where have I said you have said that? There is an ongoing general discussion about what the consequences of Scott Brown's behaviour may have been and wastecoat's post seemed relevant on that point. There is gneerally a surprising amount of focus on a man's non-violent behaviour rather than his opponents' violent behaviour. Maybe it's just because the role of Celtic captain is a noble office and they are held to the utmost highest standard of grace and decorum compared to the people who were punching, elbowing, grabbing at him and singing songs about his dead sister. 

Edited by The OP

6 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Lots of footballers, and some officials;)  cause supporter unrest  to some degree or other, and at most  games ,  you must have seen a tackle from a opposition player, or even the worse decision ever by an ref at your particular game that caused you to go apoplectic or even to stand quickly up along with fellow supporters and muse how wrong  the decision was or was not.  That's football, it generally causes emotion , disturbance, agitation etc etc it's why lots of people get hooked

I'm unaware of any undue unrest from Rangers fans in the stadium caused by Brown, although my opinion is fans at this particular fixture, and maybe Morton v St Mirren  do exhibit disproportionate reactions to the assistant ref getting a shy wrong.

However there are limits, a Canotna flying kick is unacceptable clearly.

Rangers players lost the plot, Morelos over reacts, his European disciplinary record sorta backs that up, Kent just lost a goal and was duely upset albeit his reaction was the worse of the afternoon,  Halliday is Rangers mad with the emphasis on the mad.

Stevie G spent a lot of money on that team, having it confirmed in one game that the season was over officially might have been a contributing factor to the indiscipline of his platers

Of course Halliday behaved like an absolute cretin.

Surely that went without saying.

Just now, The OP said:

Where have I said you have said that? There is an ongoing general discussion about what the consequences of Scott Brown's behaviour may have been and wastecoat's post seemed relevant on that point. There is gneerally a surprising amount of focus on a man's non-violent behaviour rather than his opponents' violent behaviour. Maybe it's just because the role of Celtic captain is a noble office and they are held to the utmost highest standard of grace and decorum compared to the people who were punching, elbowing, grabbing at him and singing songs about his dead sister. 

Well I'd presume you were talking about myself considering the post you quoted was a response to myself.

Guest Moomintroll
Yea I agree this would have been the correct course of action!
How did the game restart? I was there but can't remember!
I have no clue as I was working, I only watched the incident. The correct restart should have been a free kick to Rangers for the initial contact.

22 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

In the world of getting your own back it would appear that if you run the tape far enough back just before Brown chips Morelos and gets elbowed, low and behold Morelos has run up to the back of Brown and given him a wee elbow (I am not shocked at all with Morelos doing this).  Brown nips him back and the next thing Morelos explodes (again, no surprise and is off).

I actually saw this earlier on but couldn't be bothered mentioning it here and adding to shite going on. He seems to brush into his back and maybe been saying something, then brown runs deliberately into the back of Morelos legs and probably can't believe his luck when he swings his elbow round for him and goes down as if he was shot.