Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Well done.

Hopefully in future footballers are shown videos of things which happened after a football game which had no established causal link to anything which happened during the football game to make them think twice about doing stuff. 

Guest Moomintroll
ok dokey!

By the letter of the law it was, but it happens several times in most matches without someone recklessly and violently swinging their arm in retaliation.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He's clipped his heels off the ball. Explain why it's not a yellow card?

It's an absolute non event, made into something by the fanny that is Morelos. Had Morelos not reacted you wouldn't even know it happened.

He's clipped his heels off the ball. Explain why it's not a yellow card?

It would have to be deliberate in order for it to be a yellow card, and that would be very difficult to prove (even though we know it probably was). Similar incidents happen several times per game from the Champions League down to the amateurs, and the only difference this time is that Morelos was daft enough to react rather than just getting on with it.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have never played football at any level have you?

Played from the age of 5 until 28 before having to stop because of injury.

No idea what relevance that has to this topic. If the referee catches another player attempting to trip another off the ball then it's a yellow card.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It would have to be deliberate in order for it to be a yellow card, and that would be very difficult to prove (even though we know it probably was). Similar incidents happen several times per game from the Champions League down to the amateurs, and the only difference this time is that Morelos was daft enough to react rather than just getting on with it.

Of course. Doesn't get away from the fact Brown clips his heels, as funny as it was to watch.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Played from the age of 5 until 28 before having to stop because of injury.

No idea what relevance that has to this topic. If the referee catches another player attempting to trip another off the ball then it's a yellow card.

Is that what happened with McKenna and morelos at the start of the season?

Guest Moomintroll
Of course. Doesn't get away from the fact Brown clips his heels, as funny as it was to watch.
I would not have booked Brown for it, but I would have given a free kick if I saw it. As I have said elsewhere Morelos has an issue that goes beyond work & I do sympathise with him but irrespective of that, after giving him the free kick I would have sent him off for violent conduct.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Is that what happened with McKenna and morelos at the start of the season?

Yes. McKenna has clipped Morelos, should have been booked. Morelos turns around and kicks him. Red card.

I'm astounded a Celtic fan has resorted to whataboutery though.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Hopefully in future footballers are shown videos of things which happened after a football game which had no established causal link to anything which happened during the football game to make them think twice about doing stuff. 

Causal link?

Without being able to establish direct causal links, we must just allow anything to go, and we're not even allowed to voice disapproval?  How extraordinary.

FWIW, my objections to the behaviour of Brown are twofold:

I do think that events on the field can impact on behaviour off the field and that players therefore have a responsibility to rein it in a bit.  I'd no idea until I stumbled in here that such a measured view could be deemed controversial. 

I also think it's unbecoming and poor.  I wouldn't want the captain of my team to behave that way and said so on the only occasion I can think of something similar happening at Queens.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Yes. McKenna has clipped Morelos, should have been booked. Morelos turns around and kicks him. Red card.

I'm astounded a Celtic fan has resorted to whataboutery though.

If you have played the game you would know what McKenna and Brown did to morelos happens multiple times during the game when the ref isn't looking.
Every player at any level has experienced the same things countless times you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because  it was Scott Brown.