Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Are you for real ? “When he calms down.....”
Morelos started at Sevco in June 2017. That’s nearly 2 years.
Can’t think of any other organisation that offers employees a 24 month probationary period !

A leopard doesn't change his spots type of post. I'm quite sure most footballers have the capacity to learn from their mistakes.

The worst thing for him is the claims from certain people in and around the club and blinkered vision fans is that he is a victim of the treatment handed out by other players, opposition supporters or the governing body. All that doesn't help him and deflects responsibility and blame onto others and lessons don't get learned.

19 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Was just going to ask about this. How can you be sent off so often in the same season and get such a small ban? Surely there's some sort of totting up process that should see a player, *** or not, banned for months with that record.

There is. There's a standard two-match ban for violent conduct, and then you get an additional game added on for each previous red card that you've had in the season. Morelos had previously received three red cards in domestic football (all against Aberdeen), but one of those was rescinded, so it's 2 + 1 + 1 = 4.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Before he played in Scotland he received no red cards.

Once he's been hounded out of Scotland .....

What about the UFA sending off? Does that count as being hounded out of Europe or just Russia?

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This thread has become predictably boring.

A natural point for everyone to move on from the circus.

When the main theme of a thread becomes all about the poorest and most unfunny troll on the forum you are probably right.

Guest Moomintroll

Yep, just that one single photo, a very simple but complete depiction of C*ltic Football Club. Thanks for sharing.
Unflattering shorts.

Getting away from the Morelos nonsense what exactly did Halliday get sent of for, just to clear it up since I have no idea what he did wrong, other than maybe it was something he said?

Why didn't Ryan Kent get punished for violent conduct?

The rest of it just looked like handbags with the pushing and shoving.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Getting away from the Morelos nonsense what exactly did Halliday get sent of for, just to clear it up since I have no idea what he did wrong, other than maybe it was something he said?

Why didn't Ryan Kent get punished for violent conduct?

The rest of it just looked like handbags with the pushing and shoving.

Nobody saw it. There was a really good angle on the live Sky broadcast where you saw Madden running behind two players just as it happened.

59 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh Christ, this again.

Why are you observing this as if it's remotely insightful, or is countering anything said by anyone?  Of course the action says plenty of bad things about the bloke wielding the knife.

Do the concepts of contributory factors and professional responsibility, really baffle every Celtic fan?

Do you really have to ask that question?

Guest Moomintroll
It's weird how Odsonne Edouard hasn't been turned into an aggressive tube by the racist Scottish media and establishment. 
Brexitmateinnit, he's listened to the radio ads and registered. I have said it elsewhere but I do feel a bit sorry for Morelos, he appears to have a mental health issue that makes him lash out because of the pressure he is feeling. It is no laughing matter as I struggle every day with the same thing even though my job is piss easy and piss paid. He can't handle the pressure in spite of his obvious talent and he needs to take a step back.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh Christ, this again.

Why are you observing this as if it's remotely insightful, or is countering anything said by anyone?  Of course the action says plenty of bad things about the bloke wielding the knife.

Do the concepts of contributory factors and professional responsibility, really baffle every Celtic fan?

Yes, your theory that someone got stabbed in the neck partly because Scott Brown celebrated a win in an uncouth manner is both risible and baffling. 

Edited by The OP

Are we to believe that if Celtic hadn't celebrated their win so vigorously (in a stadium almost entirely filled with their own fans), then Rangers supporters around the country watching on TV would have been much less angry at losing?

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
18 minutes ago, The OP said:
It's weird how Odsonne Edouard hasn't been turned into an aggressive tube by the racist Scottish media and establishment. 

Brexitmateinnit, he's listened to the radio ads and registered. I have said it elsewhere but I do feel a bit sorry for Morelos, he appears to have a mental health issue that makes him lash out because of the pressure he is feeling. It is no laughing matter as I struggle every day with the same thing even though my job is piss easy and piss paid. He can't handle the pressure in spite of his obvious talent and he needs to take a step back.

I don't think the toxic environment that exists in and around Rangers is the right place for him. For his sake I hope he's away from there in the summer.

21 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Amazing.

Particularly the "not in his psyche".

He has been booked for diving against us a couple of times this season and repeatedly tried it in the replay.

Let's not forget Morelos regularly ignores his own fans to celebrate in front of opposition fans.

"Papish behaviour", though.