Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

Didn’t realise Scottish football had this high a volume of jammy wearers watching it. Shithousing is a part of the game at all levels. If anything, it’s one of the more entertaining elements of our game. If the behaviour on display yesterday was enough to justify violence, the cities of Barcelona and Madrid would’ve each looked like current day Syria in the Pepe/Ramos days.

On Brown, a Ranger player - I think Jack - had a wee clipped heels effort on him early doors and he literally laughed it off. The fact that he has the last laugh 95% of the time is less to do with Brown being some kind of super-villain and more to do his club’s main rivals being a gang of perma-raging losers who pretty much never turn up for a big game.

The only morally questionable aspect of all this, is deliberately targeting a literal simpleton to wind him up. I wasn’t complaining when McGregor smashed him 5 mins into our last game v Rangers though. 

Well said as usual

Can't believe people are still calling Brown stupid, he must be the smartest player in the country. Technically isn't anything great but he is still captain of Celtic and sits back and strolls it at 34 year old every week. Scotland could've really used him in Kazakhstan last week, a proper winner and leader.

Never done a thing wrong yesterday, right on the line but never crossed it. As I said, clever.

The rage he generates from Rangers fans and players is incredible, wouldn't be surprised to see him attacked at Ibrox...

ETA; Also the idiots fighting and stabbing each other cannot be brought back to anything that happened on the park yesterday. That was great entertainment, even wee Morelos getting sent off was box office. My reaction and the reaction of any normal sane human being would be to have a wee laugh about it while watching, not to work yourself up into a rage filled stabbing/fighting frenzy.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well said as usual

Can't believe people are still calling Brown stupid, he must be the smartest player in the country. Technically isn't anything great but he is still captain of Celtic and sits back and strolls it at 34 year old every week. Scotland could've really used him in Kazakhstan last week, a proper winner and leader.

Never done a thing wrong yesterday, right on the line but never crossed it. As I said, clever.

The rage he generates from Rangers fans and players is incredible, wouldn't be surprised to see him attacked at Ibrox...

ETA; Also the idiots fighting and stabbing each other cannot be bright back to averting that happened on the park yesterday. That was great entertainment, even wee Morelos getting sent off was box office. My reaction and the reaction of any normal sane human being would be to have a wee laugh about it while watching, not to work yourself up into a rage filled stabbing/fighting frenzy.

Ah yes, I remember...:lol:

Broonie and Stevie G are two of your favourite players off the telly.

Has anyone considered, given the way things are going at football grounds recently, and the ever growing toxicity and seethe between the arse cheeks, what they think 10 in a row day looks like?

How many deaths? How many arrests? What unprecedented steps will Police Scotland take around a game of football?

Genuinely, its going to be a truly shameful day for this country IMO

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Browns behaviour as captain of Scotland’s biggest team is deplorable IMO and sets  the wrong example to all youngsters in the country .

I don’t recall Billy McNeil Kenny Dalgleish Danny McGrain  or John Greig Sandy Jardine Richard Gough  acting like this ?

Then again they were footballers who knew the importance of captaining the Old Firm 

Several on your list simply booted f**k out of the opposition and got away with it. They were hardly shining examples to youngsters either.

Just ask Frank McDougall.:(

That you find the juvenile, classless antics of Scott Brown terribly exciting.

It's a game of football ffs. It's not and shouldn't be treated so seriously

Bobby Barr was doing the get it right fucking up you gestures to Arbroath fans as little as a few weeks ago and it was fucking hilarious. Even gave one of our players a wee wave as he was sent off. I was all for it and I said that at the time too it's all there in writing if you want to go and look

Who cares

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's a game of football ffs. It's not and shouldn't be treated so seriously

Bobby Barr was doing the get it right fucking up you gestures to Arbroath fans as little as a few weeks ago and it was fucking hilarious. Even gave one of our players a wee wave as he was sent off. I was all for it and I said that at the time too it's all there in writing if you want to go and look

Who cares

Tens of thousands of Neanderthals care.  That's why it's irresponsible.

Some others think it's pretty unbecoming.  You're not one of them though.

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I think we can all see who really, really cares.

If this was a player from any other team MT would be straight on the banter years thread begging for it to be added. It's Celtic and Scott Brown so he's raging.

Doubtful. MT is a total dullard.

Tens of thousands of Neanderthals care.  That's why it's irresponsible.
Some others think it's pretty unbecoming.  You're not one of them though.

Yes because it is a game of football, it's entertainment, I watch it to be entertained. I could understand if it was something disgusting like spitting or something violent that set out to really hurt somebody and people were complaining but a smiling face and a few gestures shouldn't be getting any adults knickers in a twist. Surely if that's bothered you you're either very immature or too easily offended

Here's my response to a gif of Bobby Barr and a post saying 'GIRFUY'

Fair play

Be brilliant being able to do this as a player I'm all for it. Adds to the entertainment too

I'll no bother watching the highlights. Watching that once was enough

Bobby Barr not one of my 'favourite players aff the telly' but I can still appreciate the fact it's only a game of football