Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He does look ghastly and looks like he has really, really aged.

obviously the guy has major health issues that he has always been open with.

Best wishes to him.

He's a good coach and can motivate players but the stress of being in the spotlight does get to him.

Yes, Google shows one Daily Record article about it, but that's it. I'm asking if theres any actual proof of any rule/law change at that time, that isnt in a puff piece.

Here’s one from 2017 which says ‘new rule’ so I’m guessing it wasn’t that long before then.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/new-sfa-rule-means-players-can-t-be-charged-over-gestures-1-4564160

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Here’s one from 2017 which says ‘new rule’ so I’m guessing it wasn’t that long before then.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/new-sfa-rule-means-players-can-t-be-charged-over-gestures-1-4564160

Cheers, a deep irony it seems to have been a Rangers influenced decision.

What has happened to Graham Spiers?

On the question of Morelos’s sending off, I am even a bit old-fashioned and Corinthian on the issue. Here is a young Colombian striker, an incomer to our country, who has had obvious issues to deal with, not least his short-fuse temper. I would argue it ill-behoves any senior, indigenous player in Scotland to go out of his way, as Brown did, to worsen Morelos’s plight and try to get him sent off.
Yet that is what Brown set out to do — he kicked Morelos behind the referee’s back, hoping to antagonise the young player and land him in more trouble. And in succeeding in so doing, you then had Brown laughing and humiliating Morelos, ten years his junior, while other Celtic players joined in with their glee at the red card. This was atrocious behaviour by Celtic and most certainly not the stuff that we should admire."

What has happened to Graham Spiers?

" On the question of Morelos’s sending off, I am even a bit old-fashioned and Corinthian on the issue. Here is a young Colombian striker, an incomer to our country, who has had obvious issues to deal with, not least his short-fuse temper. I would argue it ill-behoves any senior, indigenous player in Scotland to go out of his way, as Brown did, to worsen Morelos’s plight and try to get him sent off.
Yet that is what Brown set out to do — he kicked Morelos behind the referee’s back, hoping to antagonise the young player and land him in more trouble. And in succeeding in so doing, you then had Brown laughing and humiliating Morelos, ten years his junior, while other Celtic players joined in with their glee at the red card. This was atrocious behaviour by Celtic and most certainly not the stuff that we should admire."

If Morelos was an amateur, then I'd agree with him. But let's just have a wee look at what he's earning...

Absolutely no sympathy.

He's brilliant for Scottish football, but brown was well within his rights to wind him up a bit. My issue with brown is all the wee snidey afters, which in my opinion, were unnecessary. Nothing to be punished for, but comes across as a dick when there really is no need.

If Morelos was an amateur, then I'd agree with him. But let's just have a wee look at what he's earning...

Absolutely no sympathy.

He's brilliant for Scottish football, but brown was well within his rights to wind him up a bit. My issue with brown is all the wee snidey afters, which in my opinion, were unnecessary. Nothing to be punished for, but comes across as a dick when there really is no need.
Brown being a dick.... That ship sailed a long time ago.

We are only discussing these events because as per usual, the media like to think Old Firm IS Scottish Football and seem to think it deserves this level of scrutiny. Morelos got sewn up by a WUM. Thats the end of it.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely no sympathy.

Well within his rights to boot his ankle in an  off the ball incident and then feign being elbowed in the face?

Graham surprisingly gets this pretty much spot on.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Well within his rights to boot his ankle in an  off the ball incident and then feign being elbowed in the face?

Graham surprisingly gets this pretty much spot on.

5ca8b2b807c40_tenor(1).gif.7d2a9998d5acd155f9bd0a61ff28a4f7.gif

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Romeo said:
Broonaldo will (quite rightly) face no action for celebrating near some protestants.

Was never, ever, in doubt. 

Does this mean he wasnt laughing at them or that laughing at them is ok?

On 19/04/2019 at 02:58, C4mmy31 said:

The new hearing date of 26 April means a two-game ban would be for matches against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, rather than against the Dons and Rangers. (BBC)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

On 19/04/2019 at 06:26, Drew Brees said:

A two-game ban. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by Drew Brees