Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

1 minute ago, RPHG said:

I at no point argued that Celtic shouldn't win domestic trophies, we have more resource and I agree we should win them. Knock out tournaments are un-predictable and therefore to keep winning these tournaments is unusual.

But to say we shouldn't celebrate is ridiculous.

Nobody is saying that.

3 minutes ago, RPHG said:

I think you'll find when we beat smaller clubs like Motherwell the celebrations are a lot less than when we beat Barcelona or Manchester Utd.

I think this is probably only true inside your head.

12 minutes ago, nsr said:

Winning against an equally matched or superior competitor is a greater achievement than winning against a far weaker competitor. The greater the achievement, the more celebration is called for. 

The mighty well were in two finals last season in a one off game any team can win a football match.
Nothing is taking for granted even thou Celtic are always favourites. 

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

I think this is probably only true inside your head.

And you have every right to think that.

I was at all the games I mentioned and if you believe we celebrated against Motherwell the same as we did when Nakamura for example scored against Man Utd you are mistaken.

I could believe that if it weren't for the over-the-top excitement over relatively unimpressive feats such as winning domestic trebles or going a season unbeaten domestically.

38 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:
4 hours ago, RPHG said:
Winning every trophy we could for 2 and a half years, aye good point ...

Damn, I missed Celtic's 2 Champions League triumphs...

Reminds me of when Rangers fans say they're 'the worlds most successful team'.  I might have forgotten about all their Champions League wins.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

When Inverness won their first major trophy i'm sure it will feel the same for the sevco fans.

Nope, Sevco would still be bitter, angry, paranoid and aesthetically displeasing ! 

How to celebrate :lol: I normally give the players a thumbs up signal. Exception was  when we beat Manu, I gave the usual thumbs up then vomited, all rather unpleasant particularly for the lad in front of me, luckily the hood of his parka contained most splashes 

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are there seriously people who dont understand why Celtics celebrations seem to have ramped up of late?

No, I think WE all know it’s because ‘The Rangers’ are involved and they’re getting closer to the ultimate GIRUY of their rivals.

The Celtic fans won’t want to admit that though.

15 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

How to celebrate :lol: I normally give the players a thumbs up signal. Exception was  when we beat Manu, I gave the usual thumbs up then vomited, all rather unpleasant particularly for the lad in front of me, luckily the hood of his parka contained most splashes 

Good on you, Billy.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

No, I think WE all know it’s because ‘The Rangers’ are involved and they’re getting closer to the ultimate GIRUY of their rivals.

The Celtic fans won’t want to admit that though.

I thought he was intimating a difference between Rodgers and Lennon management style, I'm sure he'll clarify 

I think you probably mean "bought" every trophy in the last 2 and a half years. Not much difference between Sellik and the old Rangers. At least you did it with your own money.

Surely that’s a big difference between Celtic and the old Rangers? The using your own money part.

This thread is like a 'greatest hits of PnB'. I can never remember if we don't celebrate cup wins enough because we can't understand what it's like to be a diddy or if we celebrate cup wins too much because Celtic defines our self-esteem.