Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Because Celtic have more dosh than any other club we should celebrate different from every other club?

Would you expect a 10 year old kid and Usain Bolt to celebrate differently after winning the 100m at primary school sports day?

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

Would you expect a 10 year old kid and Usain Bolt to celebrate differently after winning the 100m at primary school sports day?

Do you believe the 2 are comparable?

Just now, RPHG said:

Do you believe the 2 are comparable?

The point is that celebrating like a mad thing when you have a massive unassailable advantage over every other competitor is the sign of a no-mark. You lot celebrate like you're the downtrodden underdogs for some reason.

Just now, nsr said:

The point is that celebrating like a mad thing when you have a massive unassailable advantage over every other competitor is the sign of a no-mark. You lot celebrate like you're the downtrodden underdogs for some reason.

How would you suggest we celebrate?

I'm not sure you'll find many Celtic supporters acting like a downtrodden underdog.

To compare a professional football team,  beating other professional football teams to the worlds greatest sprinter beating school kids at running is baffling!

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

So because Celtic are better than the rest Celtic should celebrate less?
Poetry.

3 hours ago, RPHG said:

Nope, I meant won every trophy.

How dare we spend the money we earn to win the competitions we enter!

Congratulations on those back-to-back Champions League successes.

I guess we'll hear less about 67 now.

2 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:
4 hours ago, RPHG said:
Winning every trophy we could for 2 and a half years, aye good point ...

Damn, I missed Celtic's 2 Champions League triumphs...

I believe we won every trophy we could, we had no chance of winning the Champions league.

2 minutes ago, RPHG said:

How would you suggest we celebrate?

I'm not sure you'll find many Celtic supporters acting like a downtrodden underdog.

To compare a professional football team,  beating other professional football teams to the worlds greatest sprinter beating school kids at running is baffling!

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So because Celtic are better than the rest Celtic should celebrate less?
Poetry.

I honestly don't know what's so difficult to understand about this or why you are finding it so difficult to use an analogy to establish a basic principle.

Winning against an equally matched or superior competitor is a greater achievement than winning against a far weaker competitor. The greater the achievement, the more celebration is called for. 

Everyone except you and your sisters in blue seem to grasp this. I suspect it's due to the massive inferiority complexes that led you to support these two vile teams in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Because you were up against bigger clubs with more money and therefore better players?

Correct.

You'll not find me arguing anything to the contrary, go and waste an hour of your life looking if you want.

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

I honestly don't know what's so difficult to understand about this or why you are finding it so difficult to use an analogy to establish a basic principle.

Winning against an equally matched or superior competitor is a greater achievement than winning against a far weaker competitor. The greater the achievement, the more celebration is called for. 

Everyone except you and your sisters in blue seem to grasp this. I suspect it's due to the massive inferiority complexes that led you to support these two vile teams in the first place.

Ok.

Again, how would you like Celtic to celebrate?

Also, curious as to how you believe we do celebrate?

1 minute ago, RPHG said:

Ok.

Again, how would you like Celtic to celebrate?

Also, curious as to how you believe we do celebrate?

The hypocrisy is delicious dodgy Dave took away a full stand because he couldn't bare watching Celtic celebrate.
Now we can't even celebrate in our own ground.

1. With enough dignity to realise that scudding 4 or 5 goals past St Mirren or Dundee really isn't that much of achievement for a club with Celtic's resources.

2. As if you've just won the Champions League when really you've scored a 7th goal at home to Albion Rovers.

3 hours ago, KTID26 said:

I think you probably mean "bought" every trophy in the last 2 and a half years. Not much difference between Sellik and the old Rangers. At least you did it with your own money.

3 hours ago, RPHG said:

Nope, I meant won every trophy.

How dare we spend the money we earn to win the competitions we enter!

8 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Correct.

You'll not find me arguing anything to the contrary, go and waste an hour of your life looking if you want.

The discussion was about Celtic fans celebrating as if it was a great achievement to 'win' trophies in Scotland when in reality you are 'buying' them.

For you to then say you'd won EVERY trophy you'd been involved in - but ignore the one you didn't because, well, you couldn't afford it, is rather hypocritical wouldn't you say?

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

1. With enough dignity to realise that scudding 4 or 5 goals past St Mirren or Dundee really isn't that much of achievement for a club with Celtic's resources.

2. As if you've just won the Champions League when really you've scored a 7th goal at home to Albion Rovers.

Neither of these things happen!

I think you'll find when we beat smaller clubs like Motherwell the celebrations are a lot less than when we beat Barcelona or Manchester Utd.

You've made something up in your head that doesn't happen and you're passing it off as fact.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

The discussion was about Celtic fans celebrating as if it was a great achievement to 'win' trophies in Scotland when in reality you are 'buying' them.

For you to then say you'd won EVERY trophy you'd been involved in - but ignore the one you didn't because, well, you couldn't afford it, is rather hypocritical wouldn't you say?

I at no point argued that Celtic shouldn't win domestic trophies, we have more resource and I agree we should win them. Knock out tournaments are un-predictable and therefore to keep winning these tournaments is unusual.

But to say we shouldn't celebrate is ridiculous.

Edited by RPHG