Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

8 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Och no wonder. Do you think all those numerous, non-specific mentions are just made up? 

Probably not.

I do think though that it's just some 'go to' charge, that gets dragged out to justify all sorts of rubbish.

What little I do recall, was of Bennnett being a bit of a tit (as he often can be) and going down paths that aren't on.  He might have had a brief ban for it - not sure.

I really can't remember exactly what was said, but while unacceptable, I don't think any of it was absolutely outrageous, or of an order that means others can, forever more, fairly cite it.

I also know that some of the very worst stuff I've ever read on here has been directed at him, and that those claiming it's ok because of something a bit dodgy he once said, are absolutely at it, and are not expressing some deep seated genuine moral distaste, but are instead exploiting the issue in much the same way they're accusing him of.

It's also the case that jocular references to that subject are not entirely off limits on here.  We saw Melanius Melarkey make a tasteless, but relatively harmless related joke on here yesterday.  A visit to the Michael Jackson thread a month ago, would also suggest that attitudes round it are often more relaxed than those Bennett encounters.

I think that many of those insulting him, then citing this as justification, are essentially being dishonest - with themselves if necessary.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bennnett being a bit of a tit (as he often can be)

Please stop gratuitously attacking Bennett. It's childish, it's not fair and I honestly think you're above such things. 

19 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It takes 10 months to win a title so when it happens we should just sit quietly and clap and nod your heads.

Considering your budget compared to the rest combined.  I would say that's a bit OTT for what you've actually achieved.

14 minutes ago, thisal said:

Considering your budget compared to the rest combined.  I would say that's a bit OTT for what you've actually achieved.

Winning every trophy we could for 2 and a half years, aye good point ...

26 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Winning every trophy we could for 2 and a half years, aye good point ...

I think you probably mean "bought" every trophy in the last 2 and a half years. Not much difference between Sellik and the old Rangers. At least you did it with your own money.

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

I think you probably mean "bought" every trophy in the last 2 and a half years. Not much difference between Sellik and the old Rangers. At least you did it with your own money.

Nope, I meant won every trophy.

How dare we spend the money we earn to win the competitions we enter!

6 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Enlighten me

I thought you may be smart enough to work it out for yourself. The OF make most of their money from years old rivalry, cultivated by both clubs in their quest for supremacy. That rivalry puts both clubs budgets way beyond every other one. Of course your club is entitled to spend the money they earn pity you earn it from your unethical past. So to enlighten you , both clubs spend the money to achieve supremacy over the other, Sellik spend their own, Rangers spent money they did not have. In reality most  fans of the other clubs would agree you would live with finishing 11th in the league providing Sevco were in 12th and vice vesa.

7 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

I thought you may be smart enough to work it out for yourself. The OF make most of their money from years old rivalry, cultivated by both clubs in their quest for supremacy. That rivalry puts both clubs budgets way beyond every other one. Of course your club is entitled to spend the money they earn pity you earn it from your unethical past. So to enlighten you , both clubs spend the money to achieve supremacy over the other, Sellik spend their own, Rangers spent money they did not have. In reality most  fans of the other clubs would agree you would live with finishing 11th in the league providing Sevco were in 12th and vice vesa.

Oh dear.

10 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

What I want to know is why Liverpool and Everton are bigger clubs than Chester. 

18 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

What a load of pish!

A massive pish bucket statement and then you took a dump in the bucket with your last sentence! 

28 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Some amount of folk on here expressing an opinion on a game they say they don't care for...where do they find the time for their own clubs match threads .

It's the Scott Brown factor.

Causes mass seething amongst diddies everywhere.

3 hours ago, thisal said:

Sorry what has dosh go to do with the way Celtic celebrate?
Because Celtic have more dosh than any other club we should celebrate different from every other club?