Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

47 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Of you could be one of only 3 people who fall for his pish.

I don't 'fall for' anything.

I know exactly what daft wee games he plays on here.  The attacks on him as a result however, aren't remotely proportionate.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Plenty of people on this thread then who think no ones actions influence anyone elses, no one is an example or a role model for anyone.

Disappointing in my role as a parent tbh but should make like easier going forward from now.

I'd almost guarantee that the Celtic fans who don't think there should be any punishment for Scott Brown acting like an arsehole (again, as funny as it was) were seething at Motherwell not giving the goal back and scoring. Probably have some reference to it being unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't 'fall for' anything.

I know exactly what daft wee games he plays on here.  The attacks on him as a result however, aren't remotely proportionate.

It depends on how much his past posts about child abuse annoy you I suppose. 

33 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Well thanks for the advice. In future I'll remove my sense of humour when engaging with the dour faced prophet of wisdom.

Shit, was that meant to be humour?

You need to make that clearer.  Include some wit in future.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Plenty of people on this thread then who think no ones actions influence anyone elses, no one is an example or a role model for anyone.

Disappointing in my role as a parent tbh but should make like easier going forward from now.

You'd be upset if your offspring hits you with a bottle because he seen you picking your nose, unpleasant but not 20 stitches worth

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Shit, was that meant to be humour?

You need to make that clearer.  Include some wit in future.

One of these :) usually suffices to indicate humour. Usually. (See @Rab B Nesbit to see when it doesn't work...)

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It depends on how much his past posts about child abuse annoy you I suppose. 

I  don't particularly recall them to be honest, just the numerous times they've been mentioned in the same non-specific way you're doing.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd almost guarantee that the Celtic fans who don't think there should be any punishment for Scott Brown acting like an arsehole (again, as funny as it was) were seething at Motherwell not giving the goal back and scoring. Probably have some reference to it being unsportsmanlike behaviour.

I'll play along, what punishment would you see as sufficient for Scott Brown? I'd like the rule break followed by the punishment.

35 minutes ago, The OP said:

It might not be a complex idea but it's a load of hand-wringing nebulous baseless shite attempting to link Scott Brown to violent incidents which had nothing to do with Scott Brown.

It's in the same species as claiming a victim brought it on themselves or moral panic about violence in entertainment being in any way linked to violent crime.  Personally I think James Forrest's decision to score a goal would have been the most upsetting incident of the day for the Rangers supporters. 

Genuine question:

Do you think it's wrong then when we hear these tales that Police have spoken to both clubs, reminding them of required levels of conduct?  Should that not happen?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just checked his profile (it's like going to the zoo) - he's ended a 10-month Twitter hiatus to post that.

Fucking seeeeeethe.

Well worth the wait though.

Although maybe hasn't thought it out though, in what way was Brown, who I believe was brought up as a Protestant, acting in a sectarian way towards Morelos , who since  he's from Colombia was very likely brought up as a Catholic?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Unsporting behaviour, obviously. As far as I am aware it can't be handed out retrospectively.

I'll continue your game.

What incident are you referring to? I'm assuming the celebrating where he was already standing?

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Let's just leave it there. Your head is in the sand and you'd obviously like to keep it there.

The thing is, you support Aberdeen. Shay Logan ...... he'd get a lot of bans if what you're suggesting goes through, including from Celtic Park last season.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:

Do you think it's wrong then when we hear these tales that Police have spoken to both clubs, reminding them of required levels of conduct?  Should that not happen?

To be honest that kind of statement from police is meaningless once the whistle goes and a game starts and that applies across any 2 teams not just Celtic and Rangers.  It's the high profile the game is given that escalates things that happen on the field that feed in to the media.  At international level you see world class rugby players openly punching f**k out of each other and for all the "can't happen again" you know it will.