Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

I wouldn't waste your time trying to explain. Supporters of the Cheeks are mentally incapable of thinking outside of their tit-for-tat binary universe.

It's about time somebody said it.

well done

49 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Didn’t realise Scottish football had this high a volume of jammy wearers watching it.

Shithousing is a part of the game at all levels. If anything, it’s one of the more entertaining elements of our game. If the behaviour on display yesterday was enough to justify violence, the cities of Barcelona and Madrid would’ve each looked like current day Syria in the Pepe/Ramos days.

On Brown, a Ranger player - I think Jack - had a wee clipped heels effort on him early doors and he literally laughed it off. The fact that he has the last laugh 95% of the time is less to do with Brown being some kind of super-villain and more to do his club’s main rivals being a gang of perma-raging losers who pretty much never turn up for a big game.

The only morally questionable aspect of all this, is deliberately targeting a literal simpleton to wind him up. I wasn’t complaining when McGregor smashed him 5 mins into our last game v Rangers though. 

Brown used to be almost as bad as Morelos for overreacting.

I work with an ex pro who would wind up Brown with relative ease. He learned to wise up and now uses the same tricks opposing players used on him.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Brown used to be almost as bad as Morelos for overreacting.

I work with an ex pro who would wind up Brown with relative ease. He learned to wise up and now uses the same tricks opposing players used on him.

Yeah, it's very obvious what he's up to.

I don't have a particular problem with what he did during the 90 minutes. It's up to the opposition not to react and they fell for it hook, line and sinker.

After full time whistle though he was cringe worthy and embarrassing. Mocking the opposition players and fans and acting a c**t in his post match interview then by all accounts on social media. When the 90 minutes is over and you've won, a bit of respect is in order IMO.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah, it's very obvious what he's up to.

I don't have a particular problem with what he did during the 90 minutes. It's up to the opposition not to react and they fell for it hook, line and sinker.

After full time whistle though he was cringe worthy and embarrassing. Mocking the opposition players and fans and acting a c**t in his post match interview then by all accounts on social media. When the 90 minutes is over and you've won, a bit of respect is in order IMO.

You expect decency and respect from a man that lay pished outside a kebab shop whilst captain of his club and country !!!

Really ??

Yeah seriously. Morelos reaction is unforgivable but Browns cynical intention was clear. He fouls his opponent and is rewarded for his actions. If Morelos ignores him and runs back into position, Brown follows him and continues to niggle until he gets the bite he’s after. It’s only a matter of time, and would be with most players, never mind someone as temperamental as the targeted Morelos.

Is that really an acceptable part of the game? I can’t think of any other sport where it’s so casually tolerated.

Ice hockey

The rules on deliberately fouling a player off the ball, with the intention of provoking a reaction seem pretty clear to me, Brown doesn’t play within them. You don’t see that, but call ME stupid. Aye right.![emoji849] Jeez, I’m oot.

Give us the explicit ruling under which you would justify a red card for Scott Brown

Eta please ensure it squares up with your opinions on Morelos having his against Aberdeen rescinded, and also him NOT being sent off for booting Brown in the balls among other things at Ibrox.

The mental contortionism should be fun to watch

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Give us the explicit ruling under which you would justify a red card for Scott Brown

Eta please ensure it squares up with your opinions on Morelos having his against Aberdeen rescinded, and also him NOT being sent off for booting Brown in the balls among other things at Ibrox.

The mental contortionism should be fun to watch

they should all be reds bar Browns which should be a yellow.

mental how this has changed over the years.  wouldn't even be a debate ten years ago.