Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

Just now, nsr said:

I see Morelos has been given a 4-game ban according to the BBC.

Nice of Stevie G to let the authorities know it's OK to come down hard on him now.

Was just going to ask about this. How can you be sent off so often in the same season and get such a small ban? Surely there's some sort of totting up process that should see a player, *** or not, banned for months with that record.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cricket
Basketball
Ice Hockey
Rugby
American Football
MMA
Baseball

Most sports actually. You're either a troll, or an insanely stupid person who doesn't understand the rules of football. Probably both.

Anyway, the greeting about Brown is way over the top. I see players trying to get reactions in almost every single game. Loads of players celebrate in front of the opposition fans as well. Why is it being made out to be some sort of mad thing confined to this player? 

Because there always has to be an excuse. Because they are never wrong, always wronged. Because blame/praise/criticism always has to be equal and split right down the middle of the arse.

But there are fans of other teams complaining about it as well.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

But there are fans of other teams complaining about it as well.

Well they need to put dry pants on and stop being effortlessly wound up. Oh, and they should also pay more attention when watching football generally

15 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Didn’t realise Scottish football had this high a volume of jammy wearers watching it.

Shithousing is a part of the game at all levels. If anything, it’s one of the more entertaining elements of our game. If the behaviour on display yesterday was enough to justify violence, the cities of Barcelona and Madrid would’ve each looked like current day Syria in the Pepe/Ramos days.

And yet, specifically, and explicitly, those critical of Brown are not saying for a moment that his antics "justify" violence.

It's back to that polarity again, that seems to be the only basis on which alarming numbers of posters, can operate.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, the greeting about Brown is way over the top. I see players trying to get reactions in almost every single game. Loads of players celebrate in front of the opposition fans as well. Why is it being made out to be some sort of mad thing confined to this player? 

I don't see players laughing into the faces of those being sent off, all the time at all.

I think it's unusual (not unprecedented) behaviour for any player, let alone a senior one.

I can only assume all those criticising Scott Brown have never experienced the sheer joy of annoying Andy Halliday. I've done it and, let me tell you, it's absolutely terrific. Can't fault Brown for wanting to experience that feeling over and over again. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, only two positions are apparently available on this.  Either:

Brown is entirely to blame for escalating problems both on and off the pitch

or

He can have no responsibility whatever for the mental reactions of others and should continue to behave this way.

It's absolutely pathetic.

It's clearly about 98% the latter over the former though.

I witnessed Andy Halliday absolutely losing the plot at Danny Mullen when we played Rangers at home earlier in the season. As far as I know Scott Brown was nowhere to he seen.

Rangers are bunch of ill disciplined simpletons who cant get away from their own arrogance.  They deserve all they get. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see players laughing into the faces of those being sent off, all the time at all.

I think it's unusual (not unprecedented) behaviour for any player, let alone a senior one.

That never happened though. He was standing at the side and was laughing as Morelos was walking past him.

It's not common but it happens.

What a thread. Starts off with no-one watching the game but hoping for fights and drama and then they all watch the fights and drama and come on raging about it.

I am absolutely shocked to hear there was trouble last night in Glasgow. A City with one of the highest rates of crime and poverty in Europe, unbelievable.

The only thing that clearly isnt shocking is that people on here actually think football players are responsible for the actions of the scumbags in said City with masisve rates of crime and poverty.

What a thread. Starts off with no-one watching the game but hoping for fights and drama and then they all watch the fights and drama and come on raging about it.

I am absolutely shocked to hear there was trouble last night in Glasgow. A City with one of the highest rates of crime and poverty in Europe, unbelievable.

The only thing that clearly isnt shocking is that people on here actually think football players are responsible for the actions of the scumbags in said City with masisve rates of crime and poverty.
Are you saying there's no connection with the football?

It sounds like that's what you're saying but I want to check.

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Rangers are bunch of ill disciplined simpletons who cant get away from their own arrogance.  They deserve all they get. 

The club's collective desperation to prove it isn't an utter basket-case laughingstock is what drives this level of indiscipline.

6 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Hmm what you've done is cherry picked a few comments from different sources, turned it into a combined narrative and ignored everything in between.

Arrogance combined with stupidity is always a good look.

7 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

"football players are responsible for"

Great - another all or nothing post.

Who mentioned simpletons?