Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

12 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Old Firm matches are, of course, renowned for their grace and decorum.

As most football games are. So in addition to at least 2 O'levels ( excluding woodwork or art) footballers are required to have class on the pitch? Can we quantify that? For instance kicking the ball out when an opponent is injured? 

Rangers players let themselves and their supporters down that what happened yesterday,  elbowing, punching and roughing up Celtic players.

Edited by LordHawHaw

36 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Kris Boyd claiming that Celtic players aren't told not to celebrate in front of the opposition fans, whilst Rangers players are. 

Scott Brown is being made out to be a scapegoat, but I honestly don't think he has done anything wrong. I would imagine Gerrard said to his players before the game not to react to his "antics". Morelos lashed out after just one little ankle clip. I can only imagine Gerrard told them again at half time not to react, but they did, on two occasions. The celebration at the end wasn't that bad, if that was against any normal fan base, a few folk would flick him the V's and head home, but a large percentage of the Sevco support is a seething mess and just went loopy. Halliday was apparently "protecting his own", I am not entirely sure what from. 

They really are a special breed. 

It really wasn't that bad, glad to see you posting that because was seriously worried by the amount of absolute shite on here. He'll need to stop giving out a bit of grief because @Monkey Tennis gets really annoyed by it,  embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That's a bit violent??

I would like to see both the greedy twins give something back to Scottish football like a community service type gesture and play at a ground of a struggling club. Of course the match will be played behind closed doors but the tv money would also be shared with the 'lucky club' .

It is but it would reduce the unemployment rate. On a negative note the radio would play Rod Stewart tributes for weeks.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, Spiers is spot on there.

Brown does conduct himself with a complete lack of class.  

Richard Gordon, who I normally quite like, annoyed me yesterday on the radio.  At the end he was referring to him "doing the Broonie" and suchlike, with chuckling affection.   It was poor stuff all round. 

What a tragic character you are haha. Brown was giving them it stinking because thats what he got last time. He is a c**t of a guy too so he's going to do it for reaction. If they hadn't reacted it would have been nothing but he got in their heads just like he has with you. Poor soul.

Seriously ?

Yeah seriously. Morelos reaction is unforgivable but Browns cynical intention was clear. He fouls his opponent and is rewarded for his actions. If Morelos ignores him and runs back into position, Brown follows him and continues to niggle until he gets the bite he’s after. It’s only a matter of time, and would be with most players, never mind someone as temperamental as the targeted Morelos.

Is that really an acceptable part of the game? I can’t think of any other sport where it’s so casually tolerated.

I don't necessarily agree with Brown's behaviour yesterday but that's not to say that it wasn't absolutely hilarious. In saying that, I would be seething if he had done it against my team (the incident to get Cedric Kipre sent off last season for example).

If anyone genuinely thinks that Brown's (or any other player's actions) caused any trouble in the city centre last night then they need their heads checked. If fans of any of the diddy teams felt the need to go looking for a fight or to stab someone after a defeat then there would be riots in every town in Scotland most weeks. Dundee would probably be the murder capital of Britain.

1 minute ago, Guts said:

What a tragic character you are haha. Brown was giving them it stinking because thats what he got last time. He is a c**t of a guy too so he's going to do it for reaction. If they hadn't reacted it would have been nothing but he got in their heads just like he has with you. Poor soul.

What are you talking about - has got in my head?  

I just think that laughing in the faces of sent off, or defeated players is poor form and that he should behave better than that as captain of a big club.  

That's a mere observation, one that some people agree with, while some others don't.  Yet you describe him as having got in my head.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

I don't necessarily agree with Brown's behaviour yesterday but that's not to say that it wasn't absolutely hilarious. In saying that, I would be seething if he had done it against my team (the incident to get Cedric Kipre sent off last season for example).

If anyone genuinely thinks that Brown's (or any other player's actions) caused any trouble in the city centre last night then they need their heads checked. If fans of any of the diddy teams felt the need to go looking for a fight or to stab someone after a defeat then there would be riots in every town in Scotland most weeks. Dundee would probably be the murder capital of Britain.

It isn't?

Yeah seriously. Morelos reaction is unforgivable but Browns cynical intention was clear. He fouls his opponent and is rewarded for his actions. If Morelos ignores him and runs back into position, Brown follows him and continues to niggle until he gets the bite he’s after. It’s only a matter of time, and would be with most players, never mind someone as temperamental as the targeted Morelos.

Is that really an acceptable part of the game? I can’t think of any other sport where it’s so casually tolerated.

He's got you bad.

x0rQzir.jpg

14 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Cricket

Basketball

Ice Hockey

Rugby

American Football

MMA

Baseball

Most sports actually. You're either a troll, or an insanely stupid person who doesn't understand the rules of football. Probably both.

Anyway, the greeting about Brown is way over the top. I see players trying to get reactions in almost every single game. Loads of players celebrate in front of the opposition fans as well. Why is it being made out to be some sort of mad thing confined to this player? 

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Are you proposing that Brown should be sent off because of Moraless's reaction ?

If there hadnt been a reaction would you still think that wee clip was worthy of a red card ?

Edited by killiekranky

Cricket
Basketball
Ice Hockey
Rugby
American Football
MMA
Baseball

Most sports actually. You're either a troll, or an insanely stupid person who doesn't understand the rules of football. Probably both.

Anyway, the greeting about Brown is way over the top. I see players trying to get reactions in almost every single game. Loads of players celebrate in front of the opposition fans as well. Why is it being made out to be some sort of mad thing confined to this player? 
Because there always has to be an excuse. Because they are never wrong, always wronged. Because blame/praise/criticism always has to be equal and split right down the middle of the arse.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cricket

Basketball

Ice Hockey

Rugby

American Football

MMA

Baseball

a) Because of who the player is

b) Because if the colour of shirt he's wearing

Just now, nsr said:

I see Morelos has been given a 4-game ban according to the BBC.

Nice of Stevie G to let the authorities know it's OK to come down hard on him now.

Was just going to ask about this. How can you be sent off so often in the same season and get such a small ban? Surely there's some sort of totting up process that should see a player, *** or not, banned for months with that record.