Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

I think anyone would love to have the Brown of the first Rodgers season. Not so sure at this point though, and not that many players get wound up by him anymore. The reason people call Morelos a hothead is because he is, and is exactly the sort of person who will fall for Brown's, or anyone else's, wind up tactics. It's worked all season and will continue to work.

44 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

the Liner sees Morelos lash out and is rightly sent off. Scott Brown initiates the incident (however wrong the idiotic retaliation is) deliberately clipping Morelos with a sly dig from behind, nowhere near play, but stays on the park. A fair and impartial decision would have been to send them both packing.

thats plenty.png

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bottom line is, the business model of both of these clubs and the lynchpin of their commercial success is fuelling the fire of hate and intolerance of the other. That will never change.

Not sure you can put Sevco and "commercial success" in the same sentence, tbh.

52 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Just going back to the ‘Football’ for a minute, the Liner sees Morelos lash out and is rightly sent off. Scott Brown initiates the incident (however wrong the idiotic retaliation is) deliberately clipping Morelos with a sly dig from behind, nowhere near play, but stays on the park. A fair and impartial decision would have been to send them both packing. Brown knows exactly what he’s doing, it isn’t within the laws of the game, but he goes unpunished and his team rewarded. How can that be right?

Seriously ?

Kris Boyd claiming that Celtic players aren't told not to celebrate in front of the opposition fans, whilst Rangers players are. 

Scott Brown is being made out to be a scapegoat, but I honestly don't think he has done anything wrong. I would imagine Gerrard said to his players before the game not to react to his "antics". Morelos lashed out after just one little ankle clip. I can only imagine Gerrard told them again at half time not to react, but they did, on two occasions. The celebration at the end wasn't that bad, if that was against any normal fan base, a few folk would flick him the V's and head home, but a large percentage of the Sevco support is a seething mess and just went loopy. Halliday was apparently "protecting his own", I am not entirely sure what from. 

They really are a special breed. 

Rangers 1.png

Rangers 2.png

Rangers 3.png

Rangers 4.png

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Kris Boyd claiming that Celtic players aren't told not to celebrate in front of the opposition fans, whilst Rangers players are. 

Scott Brown is being made out to be a scapegoat, but I honestly don't think he has done anything wrong. I would imagine Gerrard said to his players before the game not to react to his "antics". Morelos lashed out after just one little ankle clip. I can only imagine Gerrard told them again at half time not to react, but they did, on two occasions. The celebration at the end wasn't that bad, if that was against any normal fan base, a few folk would flick him the V's and head home, but a large percentage of the Sevco support is a seething mess and just went loopy. Halliday was apparently "protecting his own", I am not entirely sure what from. 

Rangers 1.png

Rangers 2.png

Rangers 3.png

Rangers 4.png

Amazing.

Particularly the "not in his psyche".

He has been booked for diving against us a couple of times this season and repeatedly tried it in the replay.

8 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

This. 

Incoming statement from Ibrox and April's fool  day not a good combination.

Browns behaviour was poor to say the least but remember Sevco players werent  slow to dish out similar antics at the last fixture. Perhaps time the cops went into the dressing rooms and warned the players that any misbehaviour on the pitch will not be tolerated. If some of the antics on the pitch had happened in the city centre you would have had a night in the cells! 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I see Graham Spiers is getting hassle for this:

Can't see anything wrong with what he says.

Yes, Spiers is spot on there.

Brown does conduct himself with a complete lack of class.  

Richard Gordon, who I normally quite like, annoyed me yesterday on the radio.  At the end he was referring to him "doing the Broonie" and suchlike, with chuckling affection.   It was poor stuff all round. 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Footballers get away with such behaviour when in normal life it would get you sacked from your job.

Not sure about that mate.   I work for the council. 

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Wind your neck in..."random ground" emoji23.pngemoji23.png

The Aviva Stadium gets my vote. 

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

Reported to the appropriate people. :lol:

Seemingly phoning a Rangers radio station phone in and calling them fucking bams is a criminal offence these days akin to the 'goading' in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, im sure the irony of the host saying he will report the caller to the relevant authorities approximately five seconds after he himself called him a ****** b*****d is probably lost on him.  :lol: