Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

Brown, Moreles, Kent etc...are fannies but I doubt they cause the trouble. Early kick off means carry-oots in the early hours then on it for celebrating/drowning sorrows. So drunks are milling about for hours post match so there is a likelihood they'll bump into some rivals . The ultras/casuals aren't fighting because of players antics, these folk set out for square goes from the off. I'm kind of amazed that these groups were given carte blanche  to roam about the city centre, there must be football intelligence officers at these matches. I remember back in the day the police having files with photos of the casuals at cappielow then going round the crowd and pinpointing them for a bit of a word. Surely it's not hard  to find these ultras/hooligans at the football or on social media and message boards etc. 

14 hours ago, bennett said:

In around 25 years or so of watching fitba I've never seen any player get the treatment that Morelos gets on and off the pitch.  Raking boots down a players ankles is a bit more than just niggling.

It's interesting that Broonaldo doesn't use these tactics in Europe or when he played internationals, only in domestic games where he seems to be immune from serious sanctions.

When we played England at Hampden the very first thing he did was smash Dele Alli (known hothead). Took the booking and Alli didn't want near the ball the rest of the game.

I'm far from a Scott Brown fan too.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Lennon wants him to do it. Lawwell wants Lennon to carry on like a fanny.

The same hierarchy of scummy behaviour and intentions exists in their blue reflection.

This shit sells to its intended recipients. The thick, low order bigoted scum who follow them.

Its why strict liability will never exist here. Its why no genuine attempt whatsoever is made to deal with sectarianism or fan behaviour by either club. Its why the Green Brigade and the Vanguard Bears are pandered to.

Bottom line is, the business model of both of these clubs and the lynchpin of their commercial success is fuelling the fire of hate and intolerance of the other. That will never change.

Really good post mate. 

You called their fans bigoted scum and that’s exactly what they are.

I can’t understand parents who take their kids to these games ??? How irresponsible is that.

Brown and Griffiths are scumbags and the Celtic fans love them for it. Morelos and Halliday are scumbags and the Rangers fans love them for it.

Its not going to change as been like that for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Really good post mate. 

You called their fans bigoted scum and that’s exactly what they are.

I can’t understand parents who take their kids to these games ??? How irresponsible is that.

Brown and Griffiths are scumbags and the Celtic fans love them for it. Morelos and Halliday are scumbags and the Rangers fans love them for it.

Its not going to change as been like that for a long time.

What, like the fucking cretin who joined the mini pitch invasion with his loon under his arm and took a selfie?

Just going back to the ‘Football’ for a minute, the Liner sees Morelos lash out and is rightly sent off. Scott Brown initiates the incident (however wrong the idiotic retaliation is) deliberately clipping Morelos with a sly dig from behind, nowhere near play, but stays on the park. A fair and impartial decision would have been to send them both packing. Brown knows exactly what he’s doing, it isn’t within the laws of the game, but he goes unpunished and his team rewarded. How can that be right?

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Just going back to the ‘Football’ for a minute, the Liner sees Morelos lash out and is rightly sent off. Scott Brown initiates the incident (however wrong the idiotic retaliation is) deliberately clipping Morelos with a sly dig from behind, nowhere near play, but stays on the park. A fair and impartial decision would have been to send them both packing. Brown knows exactly what he’s doing, it isn’t within the laws of the game, but he goes unpunished and his team rewarded. How can that be right?

I'd argue that the linesman has saw the flailing arm and didn't see the clip of the heels. From where the replay starts, it kind of looks like they'd been at it before that too.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

This is an April fools right??

You think what Brown done was a sending off? Got to be taking the piss!

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Rob...

I don't understand when the change happened that wee cheeky stamps and kicks off the ball are all part of the game but mistimed, genuine tackles folk are screaming for bookings and reds.

I think Brown should be punished, as should have A. Macgregor, Morelos in the first game against Aberdeen and any other kick out.  

Genuinely I remember wee flicks out at opponents during old firm games or any other game, and everyone accepting "Ah he was lucky there"..  ..  now it's just a wind up and condoned on TV?

Folk screaming for that Alan Power to be sent off for genuinely going for the ball but condoning flicks at opponents..???  It's funny when you get older and you see the game so obviously changing.  The game's feart of proper tackles but thinks winding up is something to be encouraged.  Bizarre.

Edited by tirso

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Do you not relies Scott Brown is in your head?

But the rules which Rangers have benefitted from in terms of appeals state that you have to be endangering your opponent (hitting them in the head)

Which rule breach would Brown be guilty of thats red card worthy? Or do you disagree with, for example, Morelos red card rescindment against Aberdeen?

35 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

When we played England at Hampden the very first thing he did was smash Dele Alli (known hothead). Took the booking and Alli didn't want near the ball the rest of the game.

I'm far from a Scott Brown fan too.

Also booted the ball at the Macedonians and had the whole team round him.  He absolutely did wind up the opposition as a Scotland player.  And bless him for it..  you want him in your team.

I don't like him either.  Have it on good authority he's a complete knob off the pitch as well more so on the drink.  Would have him back for Scotland any day though.