Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

With Inverness being such a staunch city, anyone looking for a new Rangers scarf or top may want to check out the shoreline under the Kessock Bridge or Nairn beach tomorrow, should be plenty of choice when the first tide comes in. I picked up a top that had been thrown onto the banks of the River Ness earlier today and but despite the fact it is three sizes too small I'm wearing it and heading back into town with it to bully someone then go home for some domestic abuse.

More likely 

16 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep I do, the worse thing for the Club right now would be for SG to throw in the towel and admit this gig isn’t for him. He accepted a huge job in terms of its expectations, I hope he picks up the gauntlet and shows that his managerial abilities can stretch beyond Neil Lennon. The views of the rest of the desperate band waggon on here don’t really matter do they. It’s us Vs them.

Wagon only has one G. And it’s not Slippy G.

19 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Hang on. Are there actually ***s who believe Slippy G is here for anything other than a quick stepping stone up to a gig at a Championship club then eventually the Prem? 

Fucking hell :lol:

Gerrard would actually have to show he's a decent manager to get another job elsewhere. He's not managed that yet.

Lennon might be shite but I'd fully expect him to beat a Gerrard side to the title every time.

Hang on. Are there actually ***s who believe Slippy G is here for anything other than a quick stepping stone up to a gig at a Championship club then eventually the Prem? 
Fucking hell :lol:

You think any other decent, aspiring Manager up here has any other intention? Why the f*ck would you want to manage a club in Scotland?

I detect sarcasm, so you are not happy with Mr Gerrard?
He's in his first managerial post and he should be given another year.
Next year he will have to deliver a trophy or else.

How could any of us be happy with how this season has turned out, another loss to that mob and getting nowhere near in competing for honours across the board. I’ll stick with SG in the hope that he really DOES want to turn things around at our Club. I’m sure he knows that second best won’t cut it.

Yes, players have been niggling away and sledging (to use a cricket term) opposition players for decades - the issue here is that most players understand it, and work out a way of dealing with it.
Kris Boyd, for example? Gets called a fat b*****d everywhere he goes, scores and does the "big belly" thing.
Morelos problem is that he seems to be too thick (or hasnt heeded the managers words) about being goaded.
If you are telling me that Stevie G didnt warn them about Brown tactics pre match, then I would call bullshit - Kent and Halliday also lost the plot round Brown - see the pattern?
Alflollo Morelolols
Hmmm.... I'd have gone for:

Lolfredo Lolelols.

Or

El Buffalol.

I don't like the Daily Mail very much but I wanted to read the article myself which gets your ire so much. What the writer Frazer Mackie quoted was Mike Fisher who is the Director of the British Association for Anger Management talking about Alfredo Morelos with his lack of self discipline and mentioned the mind management programme The Chimp Paradox  which might be of help to Morelos in the current circumstances. The book was written by sports psychologist Professor Steve Peters who has worked with a good number of sports stars in the past including Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendleton and the England football team including yes Steven Gerrard.

I take it you didn't read the article then?

Who ever thinks that Alfredo Morelos was called a chimp is a fucking moron.

The-Chimp_paradox.png&key=7475b710341c8959379c53c0d76f2f929b6549dbed040fcebe7954a2d10918fa  

That'll be the last [mention=36489]Bennett[/mention] mentions it.

Leckie sums up Browns actions pretty well, and people seriously question why there’s disorder at Old Firm games when you’ve got this clown determined to pour petrol on the flames of an already volatile fixture for 90 mins. Many will say he did his job getting Morelos dismissed, fair enough if that’s what you want from your club captain, including the rest of his mindless antics, but surely he has to accept some responsibility for the unwanted trouble that follows.

I won’t excuse Morelos, but it seems Brown is not only condoned in his behaviour as a player but positively encouraged, especially when it comes to winding up the h** b*stards. Jeez.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep I do, the worse thing for the Club right now would be for SG to throw in the towel and admit this gig isn’t for him. He accepted a huge job in terms of its expectations, I hope he picks up the gauntlet and shows that his managerial abilities can stretch beyond Neil Lennon. The views of the rest of the desperate band waggon on here don’t really matter do they. It’s us Vs them.

Maybe if you concentrated on other clubs rather than Celtic, youd have competed for the title this season.

Points tally after 31 games? 60

Last season? 58

Steven Gerrard, "closing the gap" at a rate of 2 points per season.

Maybe if you concentrated on other clubs rather than Celtic, youd have competed for the title this season.
Points tally after 31 games? 60
Last season? 58
Steven Gerrard, "closing the gap" at a rate of 2 points per season.

The Caixinha/Murty/Nicholl trio finished twelve points behind Celtic.

The gap now? 13....

If Gerrard was a foreign no-mark I think there’s every chance he’d be gone by now.

36 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Leckie sums up Browns actions pretty well, and people seriously question why there’s disorder at Old Firm games when you’ve got this clown determined to pour petrol on the flames of an already volatile fixture for 90 mins. Many will say he did his job getting Morelos dismissed, fair enough if that’s what you want from your club captain, including the rest of his mindless antics, but surely he has to accept some responsibility for the unwanted trouble that follows.

I won’t excuse Morelos, but it seems Brown is not only condoned in his behaviour as a player but positively encouraged, especially when it comes to winding up the h** b*stards. Jeez.

Christ almighty.  Your fans always seem to be on the edge. Always a reason that someone else is going to cause a riot! and of course it's all that persons fault. In this case a player winding up other players. One of those articles states Rangers fans entered a bar and started stabbing people.  Aye but see that Scott Brown.  Away tae f**k.