Celtic v Rangers: Mothering Sunday: Midday

39 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

So the bookies are counting a straight red as also being a  booking? 

I know it's technically correct as his name went in the book but I'm genuinely surprised at their generosity.  Unusual.

Would they allow a double on  'red card'  plus   'booking',   therefore increasing your winnings on a single outcome?

Yeah, I was surprised the first time that they paid out, skybet do the same(although they have it as "player to be carded", rather than to be booked). 

Hadn't thought of that, will have a look

Edit - it doesn't increase the odds

Edited by alang1993

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

7dTWNk4.png.775a2ae9aebac08f5d3832b0ba4e7ebc.png.ac2e7e6edb6cdf20193764ae95ad834a.png

Celtic won their last 9 domestic games under Rodgers and they only a conceded one goal, which came in the very last game when Motherwell robbed them blind at a throw in (great patter that was, by the way).

They did leave it late in a couple of games (Kilmarnock away springs to mind), but that's a significant step up in opposition compared to Dundee.

Celtic haven't had one comfortable win under Lennon yet, beating us 2-0 in the Quarter Final is the closest they've come but that match was in the balance at 0-0 until the hour mark at least.

He's got the by far and away the best squad with the biggest budget and he's narrowly avoiding making a c**t of it every single week.

At 1-0 up with Morelos off, Rodgers' Celtic would've stood on their necks and got at least another two or three, never happening with Lennon.

Long may it continue, Lennon must stay.

He might be a wee ginger tube but I'm not getting the witch hunt regarding Leonard, grinding out results is part of Scottish football and Leonard is good at it.

Breathless stuff that.

Obviously delighted to win but disappointed with the performance. Thought Lennon got his starting eleven correct but his subs were baffling. I can understand taking Hayes off as he was on a yellow card & he was likely starting to do a lot of work defensively but bringing on Sinclair was the wrong decision. He had a good chance that McGregor saved but offered nothing otherwise. Rogic shouldn't have come on, he was miles off the pace. It should have been Burke to run at their defence.

We looked like conceding again at 1-1 and I would have taken a draw at that point so thank you Tavernier for your mistake. From there McGregor, Edouard and Forrest done well to score.

That game has done nothing to help Lennon get the job permanently in my opinion.

Rangers would be mad to sign Kent up for the money Liverpool are wanting. He's a decent player at this level, but worth £8million? Geez peace. He has good acceleration, is a decent dribbler and his final ball is nowhere near where it could be - they've literally signed that identikit in Jordan Jones.

An entertaining game of football in spells, but I really really hope that Celtic appoint Lennon permanently and Gerrard stays at Rangers. Mainly because next seasons Clarke v Levein v McInnes v Heckingbottom title challenge will be ridiculously entertaining. 

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In all seriousness, when do rangers cut their losses on morelos?

Great player for this league but he’s missed nearly all their most important moments due to stupidity.

He's so easily wound up and everyone knows how he'll react so he's made himself a target now, Broadfoot also got the reaction he wanted and he was lucky not to get a red card there too.

37 minutes ago, Romeo said:

There is not a team in the league that wouldn't be improved by the addition of Broonaldo.

How would they cope with only having 10 men for 80 minutes every week? (Apart from the games when he was suspended of course.)

Just saw Gerrards interview. He wants antagonising to be a cardable offence now.

How are the refs going to deal with that and wouldn't he be better telling his players not to react.

Also, what is "financial money" ?

Also no 2. He says he'll deal with Alfredo "the great" internally and immediately tells everyone he will recommend he fined a week's wages and it should go to the fans. Doesn't he know what "internally" means