When did you join our online community?

When did you join?   

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it was my five-year anniversary this week.
I'm pretty sure I joined after a couple of months of observing because Dundee dropped points in the title race and I, a witty fifteen year-old, decided to have a pop at them.
I think I ended up shitting myself and posting nothing.

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Apparently it was my five-year anniversary this week.
I'm pretty sure I joined after a couple of months of observing because Dundee dropped points in the title race and I, a witty fifteen year-old, decided to have a pop at them.
I think I ended up shitting myself and posting nothing.

I hope I'm getting an invite to your 21st.  When is it?

The interesting (well not really) thing about the poll is that it was mostly sclerotic auld c***s (unlike the honourable member from Hamilton West) who joined on or before 2010 who participated.

I joined in 2006 as Kincardine.  Due to an 'admin error' on the part of the forum's owner I became a newco in early 2013 and had to reapply for membership so returned as The_Kincardine.

I've been sent to the naughty step twice (once, rightly, for spamming and once, wrongly, for using a green font) and have received two other warnings.  Not sure why, really, as I'm one of the most ameliorative posters one could think of.

As for friends?  Well of course not.  It's social media, after all.  However, I do enjoy the odd exchange of billets-doux with several long-standing posters.

Joined in 2017 - had spent years watching Tynieness /Tynierose "moderating" on our shared work computer. He is a zealot when it comes to his moderating role, think he would have done well in the Stasi.. Good lad though if a little dull.... Fine line in stout brown sensible shoes..... Audaces Fortuna Juvat is a fine fellow who equally is adept at idling work time on P and B. He also to his credit knows the business end of a pint of Harp lager.. The Cardinal and I this month happily  downed our cans of lager on the last train home and licked our wounds.Earlier that evening The Cardinal - Adam101 - alang1993 and myself made up a fairly impressive quiz quartet and got thoroughly pumped... Moral victory in 2nd last place. My contribution was underwhelming though managed to sing along to Donovan quite nicely and that's not something that happens every day. 

10 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Joined in 2017 - had spent years watching Tynieness /Tynierose "moderating" on our shared work computer. He is a zealot when it comes to his moderating role, think he would have done well in the Stasi.. Good lad though if a little dull.... Fine line in stout brown sensible shoes..... Audaces Fortuna Juvat is a fine fellow who equally is adept at idling work time on P and B. He also to his credit knows the business end of a pint of Harp lager.. The Cardinal and I this month happily  downed our cans of lager on the last train home and licked our wounds.Earlier that evening The Cardinal - Adam101 - alang1993 and myself made up a fairly impressive quiz quartet and got thoroughly pumped... Moral victory in 2nd last place. My contribution was underwhelming though managed to sing along to Donovan quite nicely and that's not something that happens every day. 

"Mods whose starfish I'd like to lick" for this pash.

Guest Moomintroll
The interesting (well not really) thing about the poll is that it was mostly sclerotic auld c***s (unlike the honourable member from Hamilton West) who joined on or before 2010 who participated.
I joined in 2006 as Kincardine.  Due to an 'admin error' on the part of the forum's owner I became a newco in early 2013 and had to reapply for membership so returned as The_Kincardine.
I've been sent to the naughty step twice (once, rightly, for spamming and once, wrongly, for using a green font) and have received two other warnings.  Not sure why, really, as I'm one of the most ameliorative posters one could think of.
As for friends?  Well of course not.  It's social media, after all.  However, I do enjoy the odd exchange of billets-doux with several long-standing posters.
f**k off you *** p***k etc, etc. Stop winding people up.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

f**k off you *** p***k etc, etc. Stop winding people up.

Eh?  OK so, "I'm one of the most ameliorative posters one could think of." may be a stretch but that's it.  Why so grumpy?

Guest Moomintroll
Eh?  OK so, "I'm one of the most ameliorative posters one could think of." may be a stretch but that's it.  Why so grumpy?
Calm down Kincy la, I was taking the pee out of people who get on one with your every utterance. I can see you are out to wind up the clownshoes of the world even if few other people get the joke.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Calm down Kincy la, I was taking the pee out of people who get on one with your every utterance. I can see you are out to wind up the clownshoes of the world even if few other people get the joke.

I was slow there, Moomsy.  Sorry.  I got the "f**k off you *** p***k etc, etc. ".  That's daily business for me.  But actually I'm here to post about The Rangers.  A happy by-product is to "wind up the clownshoes of the world".  Nice post.

Joined September 2007 (fookin' hell that's a long time ago..). This site isn't actually banned on the work's internet filter which is a good thing and allows me to skive take my statutory work break. 

Can't remember how I learned of the site but joined to promote the good name of Edinburgh City and wind up the Spartans. 

I know a couple of other guys on this forum- fine followers of other diddy teams all! :lol:

Guest Moomintroll
I was slow there, Moomsy.  Sorry.  I got the "f**k off you *** p***k etc, etc. ".  That's daily business for me.  But actually I'm here to post about The Rangers.  A happy by-product is to "wind up the clownshoes of the world".  Nice post.
Not going to lie, I do despair when you try to post a sensible comment & it gets lost in the fuzz. Stop winding people up with your avatars.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

So what's your own P&B story, young Boaby?  A focus on 'friends' would be of interest.

He used to be my neighbour, just along the towpath. He is of course, a friend.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not going to lie, I do despair when you try to post a sensible comment & it gets lost in the fuzz. Stop winding people up with your avatars.

If you don't think Kinc has a guilded frame picture of HM Liz in his study and the Israeli flag flying in the garden of his Tory Bucks home, then I'm afraid the joke is on you!

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

So what's your own P&B story, young Boaby?  A focus on 'friends' would be of interest.

"Young boabys" friends shouldn't be of an interest to an elderly gentleman like yourself. 

Lighten up Kincardine, you've had the same spiel for a decade now. 

Guest Moomintroll
If you don't think Kinc has a guilded frame picture of HM Liz in his study and the Israeli flag flying in the garden of his Tory Bucks home, then I'm afraid the joke is on you!
I suspect he has those things, also I suspect that he is still winding us all up. I care not for either arse cheek, however the Dundee v Celtic thread is a Party Political Broadcast for strict liability. I like gannonball but he is having a 'mare in there.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Mostly accurate but in South Bucks  we spell it 'gilded'...

Archived