Clyde vs Annan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the score the mighty Clyde did the biz over a bunch of duds.
The only time Annan played a decent brand of football was when Cairney managed them. Under Chumpman and this latest nonentity they'll remain a league 2 with the worst home support until they're replaced by a highland or lowland club in the hopefully not too distant future.
Night night losers[emoji3]!

19 minutes ago, marco44 said:

IMG_1553372154.308671.jpg

Going by the Stats on today’s game. Looks like Clyde were the “Thugs”.

I assume those stats will be including the disgraceful decision to award Annan a penalty, whilst also omitting a blatant assault on one of our players by Swinglehurst that somehow went unpunished by the officials. Indeed had the Clyde players ganged up on the referee demanding fouls the same way Annan did then the stats might start to look different. 

Annan were a disgrace today and I'm glad they got what they deserved. It's a terrifying indictment of the teams that occupy spots 4-10 that Annan will be in the play offs. 

IMG_1553372154.308671.thumb.jpg.d30d67709ac16281d983e83d7da90971.jpg

Going by the Stats on today’s game. Looks like Clyde were the “Thugs”.

That’s because the ref constantly ignored your teams late barges, shoulder charges, obstructions and general thuggery.

He also gave you a penalty for your player holding our keepers leg. Some disgraceful cheating as number 10 pretended to be mortally wounded before jumping up like a gazelle towards the linesman when he thought nothing was being given.

Your number 10,7 & 6 were an absolute disgrace throughout but so pleasing when mcniff got it right up you all at the end.

If you want a stat to cream over try goals scored 2-1 [emoji41].

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Wallace was an utter cretin the full game. Absolutely glorious seeing him and all their players trudge back to the half way line after the winner.

This sort of joy — laughing at a despicable prck’s misfortune —  is what going to the football is all about. 

4 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

It's just a shame Elgin and Stirling aren't good enough to catch Annan. Tin pot outfit.

Elgin are a fucking gang that shouldn’t be in this equation. A million percent Annan deserve to be in the play offs than Elgin.

Yet again we had chances in the first half to put the game to bed and missed them. Thought the game was pretty flat until Lamont scored then all hell broke loose. Fantastic scenes when McNiff scores.

Currie kicked the boy, no doubt about it. Although it was disgraceful the way he rolled about for all of five seconds then was up in a flash.

By far the best Clyde team in terms of attitude since I started watching them in the late 90’s. 6 points with 6 games left including Peterhead at home and Edinburgh away? Fucking bring them on.

Elgin are a fucking gang that shouldn’t be in this equation. A million percent Annan deserve to be in the play offs than Elgin.
Yet again we had chances in the first half to put the game to bed and missed them. Thought the game was pretty flat until Lamont scored then all hell broke loose. Fantastic scenes when McNiff scores.
Currie kicked the boy, no doubt about it. Although it was disgraceful the way he rolled about for all of five seconds then was up in a flash.
By far the best Clyde team in terms of attitude since I started watching them in the late 90’s. 6 points with 6 games left including Peterhead at home and Edinburgh away? Fucking bring them on.

At last a bit of sense from the Clyde support!
Everyone deserves to be where they are at this point of the season. I thought it was a great game to be honest full of action, really competitive and probably quite hard to referee. Clyde certainly got away with a couple of yellow cards themselves.
Annan had their best spell in the game right before Clyde took the lead! After coming from behind I thought we might go on to win it, and judging by the atmosphere in the stadium I think the home support thought that also.
The sense of joy at full time after the late winner can only tell me that they got away with one today!

9 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

The sense of joy at full time after the late winner can only tell me that they got away with one today!

Eh? :lol:

We absolutely deserved to win the game today yet it was very nearly 2 points dropped because of blatant cheating from Annan. The celebrations were definitely nothing to do with "getting away with one".

We also confirmed our playoff spot today. A large part of the celebration will be around that. We’ve also just kept alive our hopes for the title. It’s a long shot but we’re still there.

I think the celebrations were in more of a GIRFUY fashion than out of relief.

There were certainly plenty of them from where I was sitting. Was more comical than anything tbh. One minute we were being slagged for being a shite little club, and I quote “only in the league for ten minutes” then the celebrations at the end!!! Wow

Archived