Clyde vs Annan

Unfortunately, football clubs can't choose their fans and we are no exception. The vast majority of Clyde fans are amazing people but there will always be the few who seek to spoil things and embarrass us all through their intolerance and prejudiced views.

I didn't witness the incident but it sounds as though the club dealt with it in a very sensible and timely manner. I would expect nothing less. People should direct their criticism and condemnation at the racist individual in question and not Clyde FC or its supporters in general. To use this as an opportunity to attack our club is pathetic and childish.

As for the game - absolutely glorious win. I think come the end of the season, we may look back on the points deduction as the catalyst to winning this league. This squad is not only talented but they have a mental resilience and togetherness which other teams can only dream of. 

I believe we can win this league  - with or without the 4 points pilfered by those faceless bureaucrats at the SFA. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. No.10 for Annan is a disgusting cheating p***k. The GK for Clyde is running backwards looking at the play ahead of him when the boy starts rolling around. Hope Clyde appeal that sending off.

That’s absolutely embarrassing from Muir. That’s not even just a “fortunate decision” it’s blatant cheating. It’s also terrible officiating from the linesman to give that decision because there is no way that he can be 100% sure about something like that.

The best bit is that we scored in added time from their cheating for the penalty! Justice. Horrible little village pub team

My favourite thing about the goal is it’s Muir that that loses McNiff leaving him free to score.

Joined 3 hours ago, 1 post made.

Muzza81 alias?

I honestly have been going to clyde games my entire life and have never witnessed any racism, at least not from a group although I’m aware of a few fans that I’ve been told are bad for it. Just hope this behaviour is rooted out Cos it’s fucking disgusting.

Also sad to see QP & Annan fans using the incident yesterday to point score. This is a problem with Scottish society and Scottish football, not solely clyde FC. Everyone should oppose it regardless of the fans responsible

Just watched the highlights there and it seems clear that the penalty and sending off was a shocking bit of cheating from the Annan player. He is on the ground and has a hold of Curries ankle. Currie pulls away and continues to follow the game. At no time does he appear to hit out at Muir or even look at him. Cue the Annan boy rolling around and his team mates running to the linesman. As soon as the linesman’s flag goes up Muir makes a miraculous recovery and jumps to his feet. It’s an absolute embarrassment from the Annan players. Clyde should appeal and Muir should be cited and banned for simulation. 

Justice done in the end. 

Just watched the highlights there and it seems clear that the penalty and sending off was a shocking bit of cheating from the Annan player. He is on the ground and has a hold of Curries ankle. Currie pulls away and continues to follow the game. At no time does he appear to hit out at Muir or even look at him. Cue the Annan boy rolling around and his team mates running to the linesman. As soon as the linesman’s flag goes up Muir makes a miraculous recovery and jumps to his feet. It’s an absolute embarrassment from the Annan players. Clyde should appeal and Muir should be cited and banned for simulation. 
Justice done in the end. 

Just watched the penalty incident. It looks like Currie punched Muir in the head when the ball comes over.
Stonewall penalty and deserved the red card.

Just watched the penalty incident. It looks like Currie punched Muir in the head when the ball comes over.

Interesting claim especially given the fact your player is clearly trying to claim he was kicked. He was clearly at it.

Except Muir doesn't start rolling about until Currie trips over him. It was appalling from him and the two that run over to the linesman.

27 minutes ago, marco44 said:

No he doesn't, you imbecile! 

Currie clearly made an attempt for the ball, and unusually for him, connects reasonably well. Body and eyes are in sync with the projection of the ball. You got everything you deserved- your hopes built up, to be dashed.

The little w****r who begins running towards the linesman clearly has little influence in the dressing room either, as that other wee ginger cretin is the only one soon following him. I'd call you cheats, but you're not even that good at it to be bestowed such a title. Just a cocophony of desperadoes and chancers.

I honestly can’t believe that I’m seeing Annan fans on here and on Social Media claiming it’s for a punch. A great trolling effort there lads.

I’d refer you to about 8:30 in our highlights package to show you exactly what Muir is claiming.

Archived