Clyde vs Annan

Of course.... Clyde deserve to win every game just because they are too good to be in this league. Nae bother
You scored twice against the run of play, that’s all

That’s all [emoji23]

We were the better side for most of the game while Annan’s game plan seemed to be to dish out whiplash injuries with all the needless clattering into our players.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

There were certainly plenty of them from where I was sitting. Was more comical than anything tbh. One minute we were being slagged for being a shite little club, and I quote “only in the league for ten minutes” then the celebrations at the end!!! Wow

93rd minute winners when you have 10 men and score "against the run of play" tend to spark those kinda celebrations! Especially when they just about keep our title hopes alive! Know what they feel like?

21 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

At last a bit of sense from the Clyde support!
Everyone deserves to be where they are at this point of the season. I thought it was a great game to be honest full of action, really competitive and probably quite hard to referee. Clyde certainly got away with a couple of yellow cards themselves.
Annan had their best spell in the game right before Clyde took the lead! After coming from behind I thought we might go on to win it, and judging by the atmosphere in the stadium I think the home support thought that also.
The sense of joy at full time after the late winner can only tell me that they got away with one today!

A great game ? Jesus. It was, for the most part, very poor. Annan can play, there is no doubt about that. However, you really rely on your physicality (your manager clearly has a preference for big players all over the park) and the amount of pushes, barges and the like was unreal. And constant moaning to the officials. Your No 7 for a big guy spent more time on his arse than on his feet ! 

I didn’t see the incident that led to the penalty but your player’s antics, whatever happened, were disgraceful. Half dead one minute, then jumps to his feet and runs to berate the linesman, along with 3 or 4 of you other players. 

I listened to your manager’s interview and he though Annan were on top for most of the game. However, I don’t recall you actually creating real clear cut chances (which we did). 

You are in the playoffs by merit but I’d hate to have to watch that every week. Reminds me of Terry Christie’s teams a few years ago. 

Hope Hooper is having a nice evening btw. Gave it a GIRUY to the Clyde support after the equaliser (as he did in the last game at Annan). Knob. 

47 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

At last a bit of sense from the Clyde support!
Everyone deserves to be where they are at this point of the season. I thought it was a great game to be honest full of action, really competitive and probably quite hard to referee. Clyde certainly got away with a couple of yellow cards themselves.
Annan had their best spell in the game right before Clyde took the lead! After coming from behind I thought we might go on to win it, and judging by the atmosphere in the stadium I think the home support thought that also.
The sense of joy at full time after the late winner can only tell me that they got away with one today!

Btw, we did get away with one yellow card that I can recall. Mark Lamont, who scored, should absolutely have been yellow carded. He had 3 fouls in quick succession, the last one being a stone wall yellow card in my view. I thought the ref struggled to manage the game, regardless of the red card which I can’t comment on as I didn’t see it. 

4 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Of course.... Clyde deserve to win every game just because they are too good to be in this league. Nae bother

I've seen Clyde lose more times than I care to mention and if we've deserved it due to a poor performance then I will quite happily admit it.  This was not the case today. At 1-0 up I had absolutely no concerns about the outcome of the match as I had seen nothing from Annan to suggest they were going to score. This was of course until a poor decision from the referee gave them a way back. We were not at our best by any means, but we absolutely did not deserve to lose.

41 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

I would ask if you're drunk but with a statement like that I think you're on harder stuff than alcohol.

I thought the defence played well today especially  Rumsby, don't think he lost a challenge on the ground or in the air, a bit of an unsung hero imo.  Thought we just about deserved the win today, we should have scored at least a couple up in the 1st half, when is Goodies luck going to change in front of goal. 

This thread is just a comic strip. 98 % of the Clyde fans are totally delusional and obviously no idea about football.Don't even reply ,i'm not interested in you clowns  opinions.

Clyde are on a great run probably  the best in 10 years and  will give Peterhead a chase to the last.

I just  hope we can beat Brechin (sorry guys I think you will be 2nd bottom) and then the finale-  no fear over this side,that's if you  beat  Edinburgh City.

41 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

This thread is just a comic strip. 98 % of the Clyde fans are totally delusional and obviously no idea about football.Don't even reply ,i'm not interested in you clowns  opinions.

Clyde are on a great run probably  the best in 10 years and  will give Peterhead a chase to the last.

I just  hope we can beat Brechin (sorry guys I think you will be 2nd bottom) and then the finale-  no fear over this side,that's if you  beat  Edinburgh City.

Philophosise on this you massive dick, Clyde didn't play that well and still deserved to scud the shoulder barging, floor flinging XI you put out today. The last minute winner was at least the justice we deserved today.  I would personally love a play off final against you lot, shoulder barges and theatrics aside you offer absolutely zero to league 2 football, never mind the play offs. 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Wow.  No fear over this side, the side that has taken 10 pts of you, remind me who is delusional again?

Well I thought it was funny :lol:
Your players were raging though, even well after the final whistle, that was funny too :lol:

Shame the racial abuse given out to one of ours players wasn’t so funny! The lad wasn’t even playing but was still getting abuse sitting in the stand! If it’s not your players being racists it’s the fans! Another points deduction I think

Shame the racial abuse given out to one of ours players wasn’t so funny! The lad wasn’t even playing but was still getting abuse sitting in the stand! If it’s not your players being racists it’s the fans! Another points deduction I think

Club took firm action with this individual and spoke with Christian Nade at length post match too who seemed happy with how the club were dealing with it.

I doubt this person will ever be allowed back in to Clyde matches and given his “behaviour” yesterday not one Clyde fan would want to see him back.

Shameful to read this took place and glad the individual involved is being dealt with.

Not sure what you gain by coming on here to try and tarnish the whole support based on this one idiot though. An individual might be a sizeable proportion of the support at Annan but not so much at Clyde.

Archived