Clyde vs Annan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Anyone know what got Currie sent off for? Get that right up Annan! 

I think it was possibly kicking out at an Annan player. He seemed to be claiming that they had gone in hard on him. Very daft thing to do that nearly cost us a couple of points. Will he not also now miss next week and the Peterhead game?

Truthfully, I’m just pleased to now be officially in the play offs and frankly, if it is indeed the playoffs, I’d fancy this team against anyone. To think, if we hadn’t chucked four points away, even taking the Elgin game that day out of the equation, we’d have been two points behind with six games to go!

The best result at Broadwood in absolute ages! Annan, a big physical rabble who had decent build up but no penetration, were ably assisted by the officials. 

I honestly thought the fuss was because the ref stopped play and the previously prostrate lump suddenly sprung to life and sprinted to the linesman. I then couldn't  work out why we made the substitution Boyle for Lamont, but wee Jack really created for us. When McNiff went put to take the shy, I was amazed that Grant called up the big guys from central defence, I thought we'd be happy to play it out for a draw. McNiff does really well to follow his throw in. 

Superb result and refreshing fight from this team.  Well done!

9 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Muir has a hold of Currie’s foot, Currie fell Muir rolls around ground, penalty. Blatant cheating.

If that’s the case, you would hope we appeal that (and demand an extra four points as a result of such a scandal).

Archived