Sign in to follow this  
G_Man1985

Euro Qualification Group

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

4-0. Own goal. Making Scotland look worse than first imagined here. 

If they were going to win, it might as well be by a cricket score. We need to be shown up for exactly what we were

Kazaks reverting to martial arts and taking bodies now

Not watching it, but is it that bald c**t that took his own player out in our game that's putting it about???

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Well done Russia, well done Wales

This a thread for Scotlands group, if you're planning on trolling, you'll be better served in the Misc football thread.

FWIW we already cant achieve anything in this group, as we wont win head to heads against Russia and Belguim, and we cant now match their results against the rest. 

One game in and we're playing for pride, our hopes derailed at the first hurdle against a side who were put back in their place by Russia. Depressing stuff, we'll win against San Marino but the damage has been done. A mass clearout within the SFA is needed, alongside appointing a proper management team capable of motivating a very average squad of players and not some dinosaur who walked out on us years ago!

I think the Russia result shows how monumentally awful Scotland were although I reckon Kazakhstan probably gave 100% against us and didn't have much left.  Luckily we've still got 98% in the tank for San Marino. It's all about knowing when and where to expend that energy.

This a thread for Scotlands group, if you're planning on trolling, you'll be better served in the Misc football thread.
Happened to notice the Wales score when I saw Russian score. I believe Russia are in our group. Usual pedantic shite from you I see.

The Russian results shows why we are burst now in this group,(apart from being awful) as we would need to take 4pts from Russia, and now probably something from Belgium to have any chance. Never going to happen.

Can't remember a qualifying campaign that was finished after the first game before.

Just watching n Ireland play Belarus and Austin McPhee on the bench . A top class analyst worked at World Cup with mexico and has a proven track record. Maloney on the Belgium bench tonight. Our recruitment strategy if we have one is awful.

53 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Can't remember a qualifying campaign that was finished after the first game before.

We've had a few in recent years that have felt like it. Certainly after the opening double header.

Anyone catch the Cyprus v Belgium game tonight? Sounds like the Cypriots did OK, so I'm now shiteing it that we'll drop points in Nicosia too  :shutup

We've had a few in recent years that have felt like it. Certainly after the opening double header.
Anyone catch the Cyprus v Belgium game tonight? Sounds like the Cypriots did OK, so I'm now shiteing it that we'll drop points in Nicosia too  :shutup

I watched it. Cyprus looked like a much better team than Scotland. They seem to have a fair bit of pace up front which is a concern. They caused Belgium a few problems in the second half.

Just now, Polomoney said:

I watched it. Cyprus looked like a much better team than Scotland. They seem to have a fair bit of pace up front which is a concern. They caused Belgium a few problems in the second half.

Ouch.

50 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Just watching n Ireland play Belarus and Austin McPhee on the bench . A top class analyst worked at World Cup with mexico and has a proven track record. Maloney on the Belgium bench tonight. Our recruitment strategy if we have one is awful.

Alex McLeish returned to managing the Scotland national team after a gap of 11 years and having been out of club management entirely for about 3 years (except 3 month stint in Egypt).

Scot Gemill is U21s manager - having been swapped with Ricky Sbragia from U19s due to both underperforming. (Sbragia, incidentally, had managed U17s and U19s before that which obviously had some logic to it).

Sbragia left U19s after 1 year and was replaced by Donald Park, who had been Head of Coaching for many years. Park left after 1 year and was replaced by Billy Stark who returned after 5 years, having led U21s under Burley and Levein before entering club management with Albion Rovers and East Kilbride.

Malky Mackay is Performance Director - the background to his availability is well-known.

If there is such a strategy it seems to involve boomerangs, musical chairs and/or needy cases.

Edited by HibeeJibee