Sign in to follow this  
ali_91

San Marino v Scotland - 24 March 2019

At this stage I wouldn't be fussed if we lost. I'd take the national embarrassment if it brought about serious change.

Sadly I doubt even a loss to San Marino would make any difference, such is the incompetence from top to bottom at the SFA.

Nice of Ian Crocker to stifle his laugh whilst saying "It's only 0-1 against the worst team in the world" - what a guy!

Setting aside the Nations League Division D ties in the autumn - in San Marino's last year of qualifiers they trailed Cyprus 4-0, Czech Rep 3-0, Norway 4-0, Azerbaijan 2-0 and Germany 4-0 at HT.

135 minutes of football against Kazakhstan and San Marino and we have a goal difference of -2.

That was the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from a Scotland team. Endless crosses either out the park or to no one, no drive, set pieces are murder, the players don't look like they have a clue where they should be playing or what the game plan is.

Johnny Russell the standout diddy so far. How can he be playing ahead of Forrest?

What did McNulty do on Thursday night to justify leaping Burke or McBurnie in the queue?

While I understand the frustration I don't see how booing the players when they're on the ball is going to help anything.   

I'd usually be against it but f**k them it's nothing personal

Board and McLeish fault

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Been silent for 45 mins until they start booing. Ridiculous. f**k football fans.

McLeish sounded drunk in his pre-match interview, couldn't barely get his words out and didn't inspire any confidence. No wonder the performance has been ridiculous.

They've been singing all half. Renditions of 'Sack the board', 'We are shit and we know we are' and 'SFA w**k w**k w**k'. 

I'm all for usually blasting the TA, but I'm not faulting them today. They've been spot on.

The alky should be sacked immediately. This is fucking shocking. San Marino are unlucky to be behind.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

What did McNulty do on Thursday night to justify leaping Burke or McBurnie in the queue?

Forrest should never have been dropped, even if McLeish hiccups that it was always the plan.

McBurnie is shite, and more importantly, a shameless bigot.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

They've been singing all half. Renditions of 'Sack the board', 'We are shit and we know we are' and 'SFA w**k w**k w**k'. 

I'm all for usually blasting the TA, but I'm not faulting them today. They've been spot on.

Could only hear the little kids on my feed - but fair enough.

Created virtually nothing. Loads of possession but can’t do anything with it. Total embarrassment. 

7 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Boycott Cyprus at Hampden. Boycott Belgium when they come. Boycott Russia and every team we play or else Big Eck's pals will keep him in the job.

Is that not what the players are doing, sort of...?

Watching Scotland lately is a mission in itself. Although we had possession and the goal ( big fecking wow) we have been dire. How does Jonny Russel get a cap. He is rank rotten, there must be someone else who can fit that shirt.

Would say the same about O’Donnell, McKenna and Patterson.

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Been silent for 45 mins until they start booing. Ridiculous. f**k football fans.

McLeish sounded drunk in his pre-match interview, couldn't barely get his words out and didn't inspire any confidence. No wonder the performance has been ridiculous.

His half time team talk must he horrendous, ten minutes before he explains how pleased he is at the reaction after the defeat on Thursday, as if scoring one goal against a team of pub league players is somehow an achievement.

There was also some boy on a megaphone with a strong weegie accent just havering stuff couldn't make it out but sounded funny