Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andy88

Team of the Season

Recommended Posts

Going by end of league results and way cops going and recent games I’ve seen my personal opinion on team of season now is 

dode Martin (lochar)

lewis Mccintyre (Stranraer),  scott Phillips (Stranraer) buff Whorlow (Stranraer) Connor Jamieson (Threave) or Bonnyton boy I seen play left back was impressive 

Lewis Dunn (Stranraer) Dean Smith (mids) Alistair Mccolm (Stranraer)

jonny Baxter (Stranraer) Sean McKenzie (nithsdsale) Dean Agnew (Stranraer)

 

player of season: Dean Agnew 

 

just my personal opinion but can’t see it being but full of reserve boys in team with league season they’ve had and still in 3 cups, 1 being a final!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the goalkeeper but you can’t put any other defender or midfielder ahead of Stranraer after this season. Wingers both Dean and johnny and arguably would need to be goss as he’s the leagues top scorer.  Player of the season should be given to dean, I agree fully with that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2019 at 16:46, Reserves said:

Agree with the goalkeeper but you can’t put any other defender or midfielder ahead of Stranraer after this season. Wingers both Dean and johnny and arguably would need to be goss as he’s the leagues top scorer.  Player of the season should be given to dean, I agree fully with that 

Any idea why the two cups that Stranraer are left in, Semi & Final have been  awarded to opposition teams, Uppers &  Mids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been told one of the boys registration papers Jack Marshall was messed up by mistake and was only registered to play in league games and not in cups?

Think it’s very harsh and unfair to kick them out all the cups for human error mistake and also hear they have been fined £500 and fined every time Jack played in cups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Been told one of the boys registration papers Jack Marshall was messed up by mistake and was only registered to play in league games and not in cups?

Think it’s very harsh and unfair to kick them out all the cups for human error mistake and also hear they have been fined £500 and fined every time Jack played in cups

Thanks for update, Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Been told one of the boys registration papers Jack Marshall was messed up by mistake and was only registered to play in league games and not in cups?

Think it’s very harsh and unfair to kick them out all the cups for human error mistake and also hear they have been fined £500 and fined every time Jack played in cups

How can he be registered to play in league games but not cup games? 

He’s showing as a trialist in the suspension list which means that he hasn’t been registered at any point as a signed player for Stranraer, I maybe wrong but that’s what it looks like. 

Has the boy played any league games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the rules are, and always have been, quite clear. to play in cup ties you have to be a registered player with your club. You can play in the league as a trialist  for a certain number of games if named as Trialist on the teamsheet.

Still think the team knocked out by a club playing an ineligible player should progress to the next round.

Something to consider at the AGM?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, info said:

the rules are, and always have been, quite clear. to play in cup ties you have to be a registered player with your club. You can play in the league as a trialist  for a certain number of games if named as Trialist on the teamsheet.

Still think the team knocked out by a club playing an ineligible player should progress to the next round.

Something to consider at the AGM?  

I believe the player in question played in all the rounds leading up to the final which would mean all those teams would be entitled to be reinstated back into the cup. Given that we're well into May there's probably not enough time and match days left to effectively start one half of the draw from scratch without it quickly turning into a farce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have only been picked up by the SFA Disciplinary when he received a red card the other week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't no the full story but heard he was in squad for most of season how many games can you play as a trialist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

Don't no the full story but heard he was in squad for most of season how many games can you play as a trialist? 

My understanding (and could be wrong) you can only play six league games as a  trialist

if this is the situation then League Match Secretary should check all teamlines this season that they have played and take appropriate action 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

Don't no the full story but heard he was in squad for most of season how many games can you play as a trialist? 

Maybe Reserves can tell us how many league games the lad has played this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Maybe Reserves can tell us how many league games the lad has played this season

I’m sure the boy has made around 30 appearances in all comps. 

Didnt Bonnyton get deducted 3 points for playing unsigned under 20 players against Lochar last season? Surely if this boy has played after the deadline, the same rules should apply.

Shame on Stranraer players as they have been the best team and deserved to win more trophies. Teams  have been punished in the past for this mistake which unfortunately means Stranraer should be the same. They only seem to be getting punished for the cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m sure the boy has made around 30 appearances in all comps. 
Didnt Bonnyton get deducted 3 points for playing unsigned under 20 players against Lochar last season? Surely if this boy has played after the deadline, the same rules should apply.
Shame on Stranraer players as they have been the best team and deserved to win more trophies. Teams  have been punished in the past for this mistake which unfortunately means Stranraer should be the same. They only seem to be getting punished for the cups.


The player is quite clearly signed as if you go on the league website and look at the team sheets for the season as he never appears as a trial isn’t. To say that the league title should be taken from them is absurd, if the league we’re going to take the league off them they would have done it when they withdrew them from the cups.

There’s either been a mix up either on Stranraer’s end or the league’s end and I don’t think anyone will know until all details are found out or released (which they won’t be). From the (limited) information we all have there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

Stranraer can only be punished in the cups if they’ve only committed rule breaches on the cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

 


The player is quite clearly signed as if you go on the league website and look at the team sheets for the season as he never appears as a trial isn’t. To say that the league title should be taken from them is absurd, if the league we’re going to take the league off them they would have done it when they withdrew them from the cups.

There’s either been a mix up either on Stranraer’s end or the league’s end and I don’t think anyone will know until all details are found out or released (which they won’t be). From the (limited) information we all have there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

Stranraer can only be punished in the cups if they’ve only committed rule breaches on the cups.

 

TBH ... doesn’t matter who is to blame, if the plays is Unregistered then he is Unregistered

If it is the case in the League as in the Cup Ties then the rules should be applied no matter what the circumstances are, that my friend is one if the reasons you have a Constitution for 

Should  we also give Padraig Harrington back the title he lost when he never signed his (Human Error) scorecard?  

Will be interesting to see what happens once ALL the facts have been revealed 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Will be interesting to see what happens once ALL the facts have been revealed 

Problem is that ALL the facts won't be revealed. Also heard last night there won't be any awards from the league for team of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue red and white said:

I’m sure the boy has made around 30 appearances in all comps. 

Didnt Bonnyton get deducted 3 points for playing unsigned under 20 players against Lochar last season? Surely if this boy has played after the deadline, the same rules should apply.

Shame on Stranraer players as they have been the best team and deserved to win more trophies. Teams  have been punished in the past for this mistake which unfortunately means Stranraer should be the same. They only seem to be getting punished for the cups.

Yes they did last season ....  played 2 x Young Yin’s after the Cup Deadline, 31st March, Bonnytons’s mistake & we’re punished according 

I am however hearing that this player has played about 34 games this season so far and all are showing on “The System” as a Trialist, but not on teamsheets!!! 

Obviously a huge admin  error has occurred but will be interesting to see what the hierarchy action will be, surely they won’t try to sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away, will they?

They will set a helluva precedent if they do IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Yes they did last season ....  played 2 x Young Yin’s after the Cup Deadline, 31st March, Bonnytons’s mistake & we’re punished according 

I am however hearing that this player has played about 34 games this season so far and all are showing on “The System” as a Trialist, but not on teamsheets!!! 

Obviously a huge admin  error has occurred but will be interesting to see what the hierarchy action will be, surely they won’t try to sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away, will they?

They will set a helluva precedent if they do IMO 

Would you like Stranraer to be given a 15 point deduction in the league? Shame the bonnyton boys still end there season 3 points behind the boys.... jack Marshall was signed for league end of story!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes they did last season ....  played 2 x Young Yin’s after the Cup Deadline, 31st March, Bonnytons’s mistake & we’re punished according 
I am however hearing that this player has played about 34 games this season so far and all are showing on “The System” as a Trialist, but not on teamsheets!!! 
Obviously a huge admin  error has occurred but will be interesting to see what the hierarchy action will be, surely they won’t try to sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away, will they?
They will set a helluva precedent if they do IMO 


I can’t see there being another decision after Stranraer have already been banned from the cups and I agree with you Billy that’s it’s obviously a huge admin error somewhere along the line and I doubt the young lad feels great about it (although it’s in no way his fault).



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...