Team of the Season

Agree with the goalkeeper but you can’t put any other defender or midfielder ahead of Stranraer after this season. Wingers both Dean and johnny and arguably would need to be goss as he’s the leagues top scorer.  Player of the season should be given to dean, I agree fully with that 

On 02/05/2019 at 16:46, Reserves said:

Agree with the goalkeeper but you can’t put any other defender or midfielder ahead of Stranraer after this season. Wingers both Dean and johnny and arguably would need to be goss as he’s the leagues top scorer.  Player of the season should be given to dean, I agree fully with that 

Any idea why the two cups that Stranraer are left in, Semi & Final have been  awarded to opposition teams, Uppers &  Mids?

Been told one of the boys registration papers Jack Marshall was messed up by mistake and was only registered to play in league games and not in cups?

Think it’s very harsh and unfair to kick them out all the cups for human error mistake and also hear they have been fined £500 and fined every time Jack played in cups

8 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Been told one of the boys registration papers Jack Marshall was messed up by mistake and was only registered to play in league games and not in cups?

Think it’s very harsh and unfair to kick them out all the cups for human error mistake and also hear they have been fined £500 and fined every time Jack played in cups

Thanks for update, Cheers 

15 hours ago, SaintMan said:

How can he be registered to play in league games but not cup games? 

He’s showing as a trialist in the suspension list which means that he hasn’t been registered at any point as a signed player for Stranraer, I maybe wrong but that’s what it looks like. 

Has the boy played any league games?

the rules are, and always have been, quite clear. to play in cup ties you have to be a registered player with your club. You can play in the league as a trialist  for a certain number of games if named as Trialist on the teamsheet.

Still think the team knocked out by a club playing an ineligible player should progress to the next round.

Something to consider at the AGM?  

1 hour ago, info said:

the rules are, and always have been, quite clear. to play in cup ties you have to be a registered player with your club. You can play in the league as a trialist  for a certain number of games if named as Trialist on the teamsheet.

Still think the team knocked out by a club playing an ineligible player should progress to the next round.

Something to consider at the AGM?  

I believe the player in question played in all the rounds leading up to the final which would mean all those teams would be entitled to be reinstated back into the cup. Given that we're well into May there's probably not enough time and match days left to effectively start one half of the draw from scratch without it quickly turning into a farce.

32 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

Don't no the full story but heard he was in squad for most of season how many games can you play as a trialist? 

My understanding (and could be wrong) you can only play six league games as a  trialist

if this is the situation then League Match Secretary should check all teamlines this season that they have played and take appropriate action 

4 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Maybe Reserves can tell us how many league games the lad has played this season

I’m sure the boy has made around 30 appearances in all comps. 

Didnt Bonnyton get deducted 3 points for playing unsigned under 20 players against Lochar last season? Surely if this boy has played after the deadline, the same rules should apply.

Shame on Stranraer players as they have been the best team and deserved to win more trophies. Teams  have been punished in the past for this mistake which unfortunately means Stranraer should be the same. They only seem to be getting punished for the cups.

Didnt Bonnyton get deducted 3 points for playing unsigned under 20 players against Lochar last season? Surely if this boy has played after the deadline, the same rules should apply.
Shame on Stranraer players as they have been the best team and deserved to win more trophies. Teams  have been punished in the past for this mistake which unfortunately means Stranraer should be the same. They only seem to be getting punished for the cups.

The player is quite clearly signed as if you go on the league website and look at the team sheets for the season as he never appears as a trial isn’t. To say that the league title should be taken from them is absurd, if the league we’re going to take the league off them they would have done it when they withdrew them from the cups.

There’s either been a mix up either on Stranraer’s end or the league’s end and I don’t think anyone will know until all details are found out or released (which they won’t be). From the (limited) information we all have there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

Stranraer can only be punished in the cups if they’ve only committed rule breaches on the cups.

54 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

The player is quite clearly signed as if you go on the league website and look at the team sheets for the season as he never appears as a trial isn’t. To say that the league title should be taken from them is absurd, if the league we’re going to take the league off them they would have done it when they withdrew them from the cups.

There’s either been a mix up either on Stranraer’s end or the league’s end and I don’t think anyone will know until all details are found out or released (which they won’t be). From the (limited) information we all have there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

Stranraer can only be punished in the cups if they’ve only committed rule breaches on the cups.

TBH ... doesn’t matter who is to blame, if the plays is Unregistered then he is Unregistered

If it is the case in the League as in the Cup Ties then the rules should be applied no matter what the circumstances are, that my friend is one if the reasons you have a Constitution for 

Should  we also give Padraig Harrington back the title he lost when he never signed his (Human Error) scorecard?  

Will be interesting to see what happens once ALL the facts have been revealed 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

5 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Problem is that ALL the facts won't be revealed. Also heard last night there won't be any awards from the league for team of the season?

4 hours ago, Blue red and white said:

Yes they did last season ....  played 2 x Young Yin’s after the Cup Deadline, 31st March, Bonnytons’s mistake & we’re punished according 

I am however hearing that this player has played about 34 games this season so far and all are showing on “The System” as a Trialist, but not on teamsheets!!! 

Obviously a huge admin  error has occurred but will be interesting to see what the hierarchy action will be, surely they won’t try to sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away, will they?

They will set a helluva precedent if they do IMO 

36 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Yes they did last season ....  played 2 x Young Yin’s after the Cup Deadline, 31st March, Bonnytons’s mistake & we’re punished according 

I am however hearing that this player has played about 34 games this season so far and all are showing on “The System” as a Trialist, but not on teamsheets!!! 

Obviously a huge admin  error has occurred but will be interesting to see what the hierarchy action will be, surely they won’t try to sweep this under the carpet and hope it goes away, will they?

Would you like Stranraer to be given a 15 point deduction in the league? Shame the bonnyton boys still end there season 3 points behind the boys.... jack Marshall was signed for league end of story!!!

I can’t see there being another decision after Stranraer have already been banned from the cups and I agree with you Billy that’s it’s obviously a huge admin error somewhere along the line and I doubt the young lad feels great about it (although it’s in no way his fault).

TBH ... doesn’t matter who is to blame, if the plays is Unregistered then he is Unregistered
If it is the case in the League as in the Cup Ties then the rules should be applied no matter what the circumstances are, that my friend is one if the reasons you have a Constitution for 
Should  we also give Padraig Harrington back the title he lost when he never signed his (Human Error) scorecard?  

Not disagreeing with this at all my friend, the SSFL say the players unregistered then he’s unregistered. All I’m trying to say is there’s nothing been mentioned to say that he wasn’t registered for league games, hence (I imagine) why no action has been taken. I think if there was to be any punishment in terms of the league it would have been dished out at the same time as the punishment in the cup, the common sense thing to do.

Mind you there’s not a lot of common sense about this league some times