Team of the Season

31 minutes ago, Reserves said:

Yous make me laugh!! If the boy wasn’t registered for league action they would of been dealt with by now: get over it and move on. Yous have a chance of extra silverware now, if I’m honest you should be happy.  See you bitter guys next season !! 

It only came to light after he was cautioned.  That set of the chain of events that realised he wasn't registered. If he was registered and signed properly this would not have been an issue.  

All teams sheets are submitted pre match but there is not a line by line validation to confirm if a player is or isnt registered. 

I wasnt at the meeting Monday but my understanding is that the boy is not signed at all. 

As for @Billy XBoswell - weren't Bonnyton represented at the meeting?

1 minute ago, Reserves said:

Okay .... I realise that you are using everything to deflect again but I asked you a simple question earlier but you have failed in giving a reasonable response

I do not have knowledge as to who is who on here and cannot respond as to why they are not asking questions .... is it possible  that they are closer to the situation and know the answers already? I don’t know so why not ask them & not me?

i will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask again ..... how can you have (Allegedly) a player registered to play in League but not in cups? 

A simple question 

2 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

It only came to light after he was cautioned.  That set of the chain of events that realised he wasn't registered. If he was registered and signed properly this would not have been an issue.  

All teams sheets are submitted pre match but there is not a line by line validation to confirm if a player is or isnt registered. 

I wasnt at the meeting Monday but my understanding is that the boy is not signed at all. 

As for @Billy XBoswell - weren't Bonnyton represented at the meeting?

Hossy .... to answer your question, I don’t know as I am not at that level

I am totally confused now as Reserves claimed earlier that the player was indeed registered to play???

now he is making out it’s a Witch-hunt by Bonnyton jut because I wanted to know what has happened :(

3 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Hossy .... to answer your question, I don’t know as I am not at that level

I am totally confused now as Reserves claimed earlier that the player was indeed registered to play???

now he is making out it’s a Witch-hunt by Bonnyton jut because I wanted to know what has happened :(

My own thoughts on the matter (separating my club position) from this.

The rules appear to be broken and precedents have been set with Fort William and Clyde in the league this year who lost 3 points per offence? (TBC)

If (again this needs to be 100% confirmed) the boy wasn't registered properly for the league then Stranraer reserves may have gotten off lightly for this.  Punishment could have stripped them of most their points.  

I think if Bonnyton or a team in 2nd place had their license the outcome of this could have been different considering the promotion to the LL being available.  

3 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

The rules appear to be broken and precedents have been set with Fort William and Clyde in the league this year who lost 3 points per offence? (TBC)

If (again this needs to be 100% confirmed) the boy wasn't registered properly for the league then Stranraer reserves may have gotten off lightly for this.  Punishment could have stripped them of most their points.  

I think if Bonnyton or a team in 2nd place had their license the outcome of this could have been different considering the promotion to the LL being available.  

And unfortunately that is the important fact that Reserves & his ego has missed ....

Bonnyton Thistle have nothing of any real value to gain from this debacle but looks like SoS have set a new precedent IMO 

6 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

I refer you to my previous comment about their use of out of date SPFL team sheets which all South teams will have been handed as they contain the names of several lads no longer even at their Club ! The actual SOSFL team lines can easily downloaded from the SFA Website and this would have prevented this disaster as the boys name wouldn’t have been on it ! They would instantly have questioned why and could have attempted to resolve matters without allowing this unfortunate situation to arise. 

The out and out defensive approach or denial make to difference to the fact these guys are wrong and the Club has committed a huge Administration mistake. As you have stated Hossy 87 , they have been dealt with quite unbelievably lightly compared to other teams who made the same error so perhaps these misinformed keyboard clowns should be aware of the facts before they slate other people. Take your punishment and be thankful it’s not a whole lot worse guys 

Just feel it is appropriate to divulge the actual facts of this to put an end to this unfortunate error. The player in question at the start of the season had moved from Stranraer Youth (SYFA) to Stranraer Reserves (SOSFL). His paperwork was signed and prepared for registration along with all other players on 27th July, he has been notified to the SOSFL on 18th August as playing with Stranraer with correct ID number (hence no issue raised  straight away). Jack has made 23 league(15 as sub) and 6 cup (3 competitions) scoring 3 goals. His registration error came to light after he had been sent off in the final league away to Creetown. The SFA informed the SOSFL that he appeared to be showing on their system as not registered to any club. After checking admin systems at SFC, SFA and SOSFL it was confirmed that indeed there had been an error in this process and that Jack was showing as a free agent. Further discussions were held and SFC were invited to attend a meeting prior to Mondays fixture v Heston to give their version of what had happened. It was widely accepted that SFC had certainly not intentionally tried to break any rules and it had been a case of human/admin error. The decision made by SOSFL league executives was to impose the highest possible financial sanction as allowed by SOSFL constitution on SFC for the league campaign, as well as severely censuring the club on their future conduct. In the case of the 3 cup competitions, 3 separate financial penalties were imposed and expulsion from the two remaining competitions this season and a suspension from  the 19/20 Challenge Cup. The club have accepted these decisions and will ensure in future that it never happens again as it has brought a sad and unfortunate end to a wonderful season on the pitch for some of our local, hugely talented youngsters. 

Edited by SFC

SFC, thank you for your clear explanation as to what happened in the ineligible player case. Would it be possible to have an explanation as to why players signed legally by other clubs were still appearing on Stranraer official team sheets as late as last month? It seems the: admin errors: are deeply rooted at Stranraer FC.The group of lads who played so well and deservedly won the league and progressed deservedly football-wise in the cups surely deserved better backing from their club.? 

8 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Thanks SFC for update from club

Its good to receive some clarity instead of silly accusations !!!

****Update ****

Just  received this photo apparently showing Reserves arriving for this Monday evening meeting to discuss recent debacle

Looks like he received a very warm welcome fae SoS Exec

Sweep Sweep :whistle

1AE03EFD-267E-4606-A66B-38FAC6BE5320.jpeg

20 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

And unfortunately that is the important fact that Reserves & his ego has missed ....

Bonnyton Thistle have nothing of any real value to gain from this debacle but looks like SoS have set a new precedent IMO 

Surely Bonnyton have a Scottish Cup place to gain from this if they ended up winning the league?

Just now, Billy XBoswell said:

My understanding is it is no because we don’t have a licence 

You don't need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup as one of the non-league qualifiers - i.e. winners of the Junior Cup, Amateur Cup, North/East/West Superleagues, SoSFL, EoSFL, or South & East Cup-Winners Shield. Bonnyrigg and Camelon won the last two to qualify yet they don't have a licence.

50 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You don't need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup as one of the non-league qualifiers - i.e. winners of the Junior Cup, Amateur Cup, North/East/West Superleagues, SoSFL, EoSFL, or South & East Cup-Winners Shield. Bonnyrigg and Camelon won the last two to qualify yet they don't have a licence.

That’s what I thought too but this is what I have been told and the ironic thing is Stranraer Reserves can’t play in it either 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

33 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The Scottish Cup place for Stranraer regardless of their title winning status is taken by the first team and as for Bonnyton they have no Licence either and if they did they would’ve had to play off against the East winners Bonnyrigg who were cruelly denied their Licence by a shifting of the goal posts by the SFA at the last minute . As for the other scenarios you’ve mentioned these Clubs are admitted under SFA rules but have to play at Licensed grounds in order to meet entry requirements 

10 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Thanks SFC for update from club

Its good to receive some clarity instead of lies, bullshit & silly accusations !!!

Only facts were ever quoted by myself Billy and I totally exonerate any accidental misdemeanour by Stranraer who are worthy Champions ! My only concern was the precedent the SOSFL Executive have set in this incident which can and will be quoted for years to come I assure you 

21 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

That’s what I thought too but this is what I have been told and the ironic thing is Stranraer Reserves can play in either 

Not sure what you mean - reserve teams can't play in the Scottish Cup? 

1 minute ago, AML67 said:

The Scottish Cup place for Stranraer regardless of their title winning status is taken by the first team and as for Bonnyton they have no Licence either and if they did they would’ve had to play off against the East winners Bonnyrigg who were cruelly denied their Licence by a shifting of the goal posts by the SFA at the last minute . As for the other scenarios you’ve mentioned these Clubs are admitted under SFA rules but have to play at Licensed grounds in order to meet entry requirements 

We're talking about the Scottish Cup, not promotion - as I said above, you don't need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup if you win the SoSFL. This is confirmed by the rules, page 6: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf

6. Eligible Clubs

6.2 In addition to those Clubs eligible to compete in the Competition in terms of Competition Rule 6.1, Clubs in membership of the East of Scotland Football League, the South of Scotland Football League, the Scottish Junior FA and the Scottish Amateur FA shall also be eligible to compete in the Competition as follows:

6.2.1 the winners of the East of Scotland Football League and the South of Scotland Football League Championships, irrespective of their membership status with the Scottish FA;

Clubs do not have to play at licensed grounds - Auchinleck, Beith, Bonnyrigg, Tynecastle are examples from this season.

The only reason I mentioned the Scottish Cup is because Bonnyton do in fact have something to gain if they were to win the league due to Stranraer receiving a points deduction.

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

We're talking about the Scottish Cup, not promotion - as I said above, you don't need a licence to play in the Scottish Cup if you win the SoSFL. This is confirmed by the rules, page 6: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf

Clubs do not have to play at licensed grounds - Auchinleck, Beith, Bonnyrigg, Tynecastle are examples from this season.

The only reason I mentioned the Scottish Cup is because Bonnyton do in fact have something to gain if they were to win the league due to Stranraer receiving a points deduction.

That’s all  good & interesting information mate but all I can do is repeat what I have been told from our hierarchy & it’s above my pay grade to try and explain 

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

In winning the SOSFL the potential Scottish Cup place isn’t possible for Stranraer ! Bonnyton likewise have no Licence and nothing to gain other than a hollow title which they don’t deserve although they would merit a preliminary round place in the draw if you feel they deserve this 

Edited by AML67