Team of the Season

2 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

I can’t see there being another decision after Stranraer have already been banned from the cups and I agree with you Billy that’s it’s obviously a huge admin error somewhere along the line and I doubt the young lad feels great about it (although it’s in no way his fault).

Totally agree with you on this one :thumsup2

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

My understanding (and could be wrong) you can only play six league games as a  trialist

if this is the situation then League Match Secretary should check all teamlines this season that they have played and take appropriate action 

It’s FIVE in total unless the player is an unused sub in which case they don’t count towards actual appearances as a trialist 

7 minutes ago, Reserves said:

Would you like Stranraer to be given a 15 point deduction in the league? Shame the bonnyton boys still end there season 3 points behind the boys.... jack Marshall was signed for league end of story!!!

That’s the question that was being asked & thank you for clearing this up, but if he was as you say, then why  was he excluded from all Cup games then & punished?

Do you have to register players separately or something? My knowledge is very limited 

PS ... to my knowledge no one has mention on here about Bonnyton getting awarded 15 points or any other team either 

2 hours ago, Theunchosen1 said:

The player is quite clearly signed as if you go on the league website and look at the team sheets for the season as he never appears as a trial isn’t. To say that the league title should be taken from them is absurd, if the league we’re going to take the league off them they would have done it when they withdrew them from the cups.

There’s either been a mix up either on Stranraer’s end or the league’s end and I don’t think anyone will know until all details are found out or released (which they won’t be). From the (limited) information we all have there seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

Stranraer can only be punished in the cups if they’ve only committed rule breaches on the cups.

He absolutely 100% isn’t and hasn’t been a signed player all Season and his registration has absolutely nothing to do with the South if you have any ideas of the rules , it’s directly between the Clubs and Hampden  ! Any individuals registration covers League and Cups , there’s no differentiation between the two so for you to assume it should only affect Cups is ludicrous and you clearly have no comprehension of the actual rules I’m guessing ! As for the punishment that’s for each individual to interpret and personally I think regardless of the administration error , which is a catastrophe for the Club , you have to take the ‘crime’ into context. To suggest they lose the title would be harsh in the extreme and the exclusion from Cup competitions is compulsory for this offence but what it does show all Clubs is that a clerical error is easy to make and there should be multiple people checking registrations to ensure  these incidents don’t happens ! Hope that clarifies the situation for you 

31 minutes ago, Reserves said:

Would you like Stranraer to be given a 15 point deduction in the league? Shame the bonnyton boys still end there season 3 points behind the boys.... jack Marshall was signed for league end of story!!!

Incorrect and you know it 

28 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

Not disagreeing with this at all my friend, the SSFL say the players unregistered then he’s unregistered. All I’m trying to say is there’s nothing been mentioned to say that he wasn’t registered for league games, hence (I imagine) why no action has been taken. I think if there was to be any punishment in terms of the league it would have been dished out at the same time as the punishment in the cup, the common sense thing to do.

Mind you there’s not a lot of common sense about this league some times

5 minutes ago, AML67 said:

He absolutely 100% isn’t and hasn’t been a signed player all Season and his registration has absolutely nothing to do with the South if you have any ideas of the rules , it’s directly between the Clubs and Hampden  ! Any individuals registration covers League and Cups , there’s no differentiation between the two so for you to assume it should only affect Cups is ludicrous and you clearly have no comprehension of the actual rules I’m guessing ! As for the punishment that’s for each individual to interpret and personally I think regardless of the administration error , which is a catastrophe for the Club , you have to take the ‘crime’ into context. To suggest they lose the title would be harsh in the extreme and the exclusion from Cup competitions is compulsory for this offence but what it does show all Clubs is that a clerical error is easy to make and there should be multiple people checking registrations to ensure  these incidents don’t happens ! Hope that clarifies the situation for you 

You don’t register separately for League and Cup just to make this abundantly clear folks  

4 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

What a fuckin shambles  .

Agreed and unfortunately a relatively lenient precedent , in real terms at least , has been set if the player was involved in multiple matches throughout the Season and this has to be the base point used for all future misdemeanours !  It’s hardly a deterrent to ensure teams are vigilant with registrations and dare I say it it’s barely going to stop anyone contemplating actually bending the rules so to speak !

No one I believe is suggesting this was used as an unfair advantage in any way shape or form , however Fort William were deducted 9 points in the HFL for the three games they played an unregistered player so where is the consistency ? 

10 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

And if there was a repercussion for the league it would have been handed out after 5 games, not at the end of the season.

Okay so can either you or Reserves clarify how Stranraer can have a player (Allegedly) registered as a player for League but not for all Cup competitions? 

It would be good if you can enlighten us all so that we too can use “The Stranraer Reserves 2018/19 Scenario” for future reference 

Every day certainly is a learning day!!! 

12 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

And if there was a repercussion for the league it would have been handed out after 5 games, not at the end of the season.

Just to repeat the League have no involvement with registrations or team sheets ! They both are between Clubs , Referees and Hampden and the South would only become involved if there was an apparent problem , breach of rules or if they were contacted directly why the SFA.  This incident only came to light after the player was sent of in the last game of the Season therefore bringing the Disciplinary Department of the SFA into play to decide in the appropriate punishment for the offence ! Had the Club used current SOSFL Team lines rather than out of date SPFL sheets they would have immediately realised the players name would have been missing from their squad so they are doubly responsible for their internal error I'm afraid  

6 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Okay so can either you or Reserves clarify how Stranraer can have a player (Allegedly) registered as a player for League but not for all Cup competitions? 

It would be good if you can enlighten us all so that we too can use “The Stranraer Reserves 2018/19 Scenario” for future reference 

See my response above Billy 

Edited by AML67

Just now, AML67 said:

See my response below Billy 

Bonnyton weren’t good enough to win the league throughout the season accept it and move on and try again next season, sfc reserves invincible’s got a ring to it

I have no affiliation with Stranraer so unfortunately I cannot however from my understanding, you have to be registered to play in the league and then the cup games which is done by the clubs. I’ve no idea how many forms boys sign when they’re signing at the start of the season and don’t know whether you have to sign 2 forms when signing for a club, however if that is the case it seems absurd.

As previously commented, the whole thing is a shambles and I don’t think anyone knows what the hells gone on.

25 minutes ago, Reserves said:

Bonnyton weren’t good enough to win the league throughout the season accept it and move on and try again next season, sfc reserves invincible’s got a ring to it

You know that isn’t the issue here ! I believe all people will want is clarity on an unfortunate situation and an explanation into how the Executive came to their findings however people see them 

Edited by AML67

5 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

I have no affiliation with Stranraer so unfortunately I cannot however from my understanding, you have to be registered to play in the league and then the cup games which is done by the clubs. I’ve no idea how many forms boys sign when they’re signing at the start of the season and don’t know whether you have to sign 2 forms when signing for a club, however if that is the case it seems absurd.

As previously commented, the whole thing is a shambles and I don’t think anyone knows what the hells gone on.

Simple explanation ! Its an unfortunate administration oversight which breached the rules - nothing more nothing less. There’s one form signed by Clubs and players and in this case this hasn't happened 

2 minutes ago, AML67 said:

You know that isn’t the issue here ! I believe all people will want is clarity on an unfortunate situation and and explanation into how the Executive came to their findings however people see them 

Just sums the guy ... Reserves ..... up mate

Another feeble attempt to Deflect or should I say SWEEP  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Just sums the guy ... Reserves ..... up mate

Another feeble attempt to Deflect or should I say SWEEP  :rolleyes:

Yous make me laugh!! If the boy wasn’t registered for league action they would of been dealt with by now: get over it and move on. Yous have a chance of extra silverware now, if I’m honest you should be happy.  See you bitter guys next season !! 

6 minutes ago, Reserves said:

Yous make me laugh!! If the boy wasn’t registered for league action they would of been dealt with by now: get over it and move on. Yous have a chance of extra silverware now, if I’m honest you should be happy.  See you bitter guys next season !! 

It’s nothing to do with Bonnyton, thicko....... Sweep Sweep

14 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

15 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Ironic...why are 2 bonnyton lads not stop shutting up about the situation? Don’t see any threave,mids, uppers etc fans going on about it?