Team of the Season

Scott Phillips Mark whorlow(buff) alistar mccolm callum scott dean agnew all from Stranraer  outstanding all season. Lewis Dunn can even be in the mix with them boys. Biast yes but from being there most games this season that’s just my opinion

Lochar goalie 

rb (not sure haven’t seen a stand out) ... CB’s  Scott Phillips Mark Whorlow of Stranraer both excellent when seen them play and work well together which reflects on their goals conceded... LB (not sure, but again impressed with Stranraer young lad

midfield 3... jack McMurdo (Threave), Alistair Mccolm (Stranraer), and Gilroy (Bonnyton)

attcking 3... Dean Agnew (Stranraer, Anderson (Lochar),  Stevenson (Bonnyton)

Player of season: Dean Agnew 

From a non biased point of view and from games and teams I’ve watched. That would be my team of season and the players that have impressed me the most 

Lochar goalie 
rb (not sure haven’t seen a stand out) ... CB’s  Scott Phillips Mark Whorlow of Stranraer both excellent when seen them play and work well together which reflects on their goals conceded... LB (not sure, but again impressed with Stranraer young lad
midfield 3... jack McMurdo (Threave), Alistair Mccolm (Stranraer), and Gilroy (Bonnyton)
attcking 3... Dean Agnew (Stranraer, Anderson (Lochar),  Stevenson (Bonnyton)
Player of season: Dean Agnew 
From a non biased point of view and from games and teams I’ve watched. That would be my team of season and the players that have impressed me the most 

Good team but I’d have Johnny Baxter in there, tough to take someone out however

• 2 weeks later...

I think young Kris Kerr is doing okay considering he missed most of first half of the season due to a pre-season injury 

keep it going pal ...... David is chasing you & he is fast :thumsup2

Top 10 Goalscorers in the South of Scotland League as at 16th April 2019⚽️⚽️:-

Kris Kerr Bonnyton Th - 32
Iain Anderson Lochar Th - 30
Tommy Goss Abbey Vale - 29
Sean McKenzie Nithsdale - 29
David Stevenson Bonnyton Th - 28
Dean Agnew Stranraer - 27
Johnny Baxter Stranraer - 27
Dean Smith Mids - 22
Russell Jardine Heston Rvs - 22
Dan Thom Threave Rvs - 20

It’s such a hard choice to pick in the attacking area... I think Jonny Baxter and dean agnew have to be in, 30 plus goals and counting and on track for undefeated season is only way to separate that side... then it’s a battle for final position on whoever gets most goals out of the rest between Kerr, goss, and Mckenzie etc

It’s such a hard choice to pick in the attacking area... I think Jonny Baxter and dean agnew have to be in, 30 plus goals and counting and on track for undefeated season is only way to separate that side... then it’s a battle for final position on whoever gets most goals out of the rest between Kerr, goss, and Mckenzie etc

Have to agree with this, for 2 boys in the same team to be on 30 + goals and that team to be unbeaten you have to have them in the team of the year. Dean Agnew comfortably best player in the league this year by some way, should get player of the year too.

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Got to be David Stevenson @ Bonnyton for my POY nomination 

plenty of times I’ve had opposition fans asking all about him & good a player he is and if he has played at a higher level, which he hasn’t 

Yeah he is a great player and is probably top 3 nomination but Dean Agnew of Stranraer does everything.. scores, sets up goals and works back and never stops. Can’t not go to anyone but a Stranraer player with the season they’re having and probably the best season ever recorded in league?

Yeah he is a great player and is probably top 3 nomination but Dean Agnew of Stranraer does everything.. scores, sets up goals and works back and never stops. Can’t not go to anyone but a Stranraer player with the season they’re having and probably the best season ever recorded in league?

I think amongst all the debate over who’s been the best player, it’s nice to see so many good players in the league. I’ve thought the last few years you could probably have picked the team of the season no bother but there’s a lot of debate as to who will be in the team, especially up front where there’s been a lot of good players.

Some good up to date info here:

South of Scotland Top Goalscorers as at 26th April:
League only⚽️⚽️:-
Tommy Goss Abbey Vale 33 in 27 games
Sean McKenzie Nithsdale 32 in 18 games
Dean Agnew Stranraer 28 in 28 games
Iain Anderson Lochar Th 27 in 19 games
Johnny Baxter Stranraer 25 in 26 games 
David Stevenson Bonnyton Th 26 in 25 games
Kris Kerr Bonnyton Th 21 in 25 games
Ally McColm Stranraer 20 in 28 games
Dean Smith Mids 20 in 20 games. 

All Competitions⚽️⚽️:-
Tommy Goss Abbey Vale 38 goals 
Kris Kerr Bonnyton 35 goals 
Sean McKenzie Nithsdale 33 goals 
Dean Agnew Stranraer 32 goals 
Johnny Baxter Stranraer 32 goals 
Iain Anderson Lochar Th 30 goals 
David Stevenson Bonnyton Th 30 goals 
Dean Smith Mids 25 goals 
Russell Jardine Heston Rvs 23 goals 
Ally McColm Stranraer 22 goals

I think young Kris Kerr is doing okay considering he missed most of first half of the season due to a pre-season injury 
keep it going pal ...... David is chasing you & he is fast :thumsup2
Top 10 Goalscorers in the South of Scotland League as at 16th April 2019[emoji460]️[emoji460]️:-
Kris Kerr Bonnyton Th - 32
Iain Anderson Lochar Th - 30
Tommy Goss Abbey Vale - 29
Sean McKenzie Nithsdale - 29
David Stevenson Bonnyton Th - 28
Dean Agnew Stranraer - 27
Johnny Baxter Stranraer - 27
Dean Smith Mids - 22
Russell Jardine Heston Rvs - 22
Dan Thom Threave Rvs - 20

If Sean McKenzie had been at Nithsdale all season, that would be close to 50

Going by end of league results and way cops going and recent games I’ve seen my personal opinion on team of season now is 

dode Martin (lochar)

lewis Mccintyre (Stranraer),  scott Phillips (Stranraer) buff Whorlow (Stranraer) Connor Jamieson (Threave) or Bonnyton boy I seen play left back was impressive 

Lewis Dunn (Stranraer) Dean Smith (mids) Alistair Mccolm (Stranraer)

jonny Baxter (Stranraer) Sean McKenzie (nithsdsale) Dean Agnew (Stranraer)

player of season: Dean Agnew 

just my personal opinion but can’t see it being but full of reserve boys in team with league season they’ve had and still in 3 cups, 1 being a final!