Next Scotland Manager

Clarke to be announced on Saturday.

This will give time for Kilmarnock to sell more tickets for their 125 anniversary celebrations and a goodbye/thank you to Mr Clarke.

By this time Jack Ross may have been sacked by Sunderland and the Killie board will be in talks with him, taking charge. 

Neil Lennon will take over at Sunderland and Moyes will be placed in the Celtic job.

or none of this will happen. 

If Keeth is reading get this printed

Jackson in the Record (I know) saying that Gemmill would only be a temporary appointment for the games in June if they can't get a deal done with McInnes or Clarke quickly enough to pick a squad for June. Compensation for McInnes 500K, Clarke "around half of that".

I would be amazed if Scotland were going to announce either Clarke or McInnes this week before vital games for both of their clubs on Sunday. This suggests to me that the next Scotland manager is going to be neither of them. Davie “Yawn” Moyes to blindside everyone.

If that really is the shortlist, and there's no chance of anyone sneaking in up the outside, then I'm utterly underwhelmed.  Clarke is obviously the best option out of those 3, but there's still the risk that he doesn't take to international football, like so many of our managers - and others around the world - have failed to do before him.  Obviously I hope he's an absolute star, like he's been at Killie, but none of them really excite.

Statement from Aberdeen saying it's not the right time for McInnes is a guarantee he was never offered it in the first place but wants to save face down the lodge.

^^^ absolutely fuming that Clarke is about to abandon ship

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

^^^ absolutely fuming that Clarke is about to abandon ship

Of course I am, but that doesn't change my opinion on whether Derek McInnes was ever offered it. 

FWIW I don't think either are the right fit for the national job, SC is a training ground manager who's successes have come from painstaking and incremental work with a limited number of players.  He also pretty much treats the media with open disdain which I don't feel is particularly suitable to the position.  He does have experience working with big clubs and big players, which is perhaps a positive in terms of getting guys to be regularly joining squads.

McInnes routinely bottles big games, and fails to get results against bigger sides.  Both of which are vital for the Scotland boss, I honestly don't know why he was ever quoted as being in the running.

Of course I am, but that doesn't change my opinion on whether Derek McInnes was ever offered it. 
FWIW I don't think either are the right fit for the national job, SC is a training ground manager who's successes have come from painstaking and incremental work with a limited number of players.  He also pretty much treats the media with open disdain which I don't feel is particularly suitable to the position.  He does have experience working with big clubs and big players, which is perhaps a positive in terms of getting guys to be regularly joining squads.
McInnes routinely bottles big games, and fails to get results against bigger sides.  Both of which are vital for the Scotland boss, I honestly don't know why he was ever quoted as being in the running.

[emoji1]

Maybe it's just to announce Clarke and then once the league's finished he'll start Scotland duties. 

Still can't see it. The SFA are a bunch of absolute mumbleclowns and will appoint their pal Gemmill.

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Surely even the SFA can't appoint Gemmill? He literally has no managerial experience at club level and has been a failure with a really talented Scottish U21 squad.

Single manager, reveal yerself!

Image result for scott gemmill

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Am I the only one completely underwhelmed if it's Clarke?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

If that really is the shortlist, and there's no chance of anyone sneaking in up the outside, then I'm utterly underwhelmed.  Clarke is obviously the best option out of those 3, but there's still the risk that he doesn't take to international football, like so many of our managers - and others around the world - have failed to do before him.  Obviously I hope he's an absolute star, like he's been at Killie, but none of them really excite.

Who would excite/sufficiently whelm you, lads?