Next Scotland Manager

She wouldn't do a decent job, she hasn't even managed a men's team at amateur level and the men's game is very different from women's football. It would likely be a disaster.
If a female manager was ever to be seriously considered she would have to have some kind of track record in managing men's football. 
Was she not managing Stirling Universty mens team in the Lowland League?

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:
35 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:
She wouldn't do a decent job, she hasn't even managed a men's team at amateur level and the men's game is very different from women's football. It would likely be a disaster.
If a female manager was ever to be seriously considered she would have to have some kind of track record in managing men's football. 

Was she not managing Stirling Universty mens team in the Lowland League?

She was coach for 3 years there.

32 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wouldn't have any issue whatsoever with Shelley Kerr managing the men's team. She's clearly capable enough with the woman's team. 

She's also already coached men before, proven track record as a manager and a coach why the hell not. 

Aye at.university.  Let her manage a few men's professional teams first.

They were professional - they train every day of the week. She did pretty well in the Lowland and related competitions, and the University competitions at British-wide level.

Nevertheless it'd be a huge leap to go from that and managing Scotland Women to managing a full-time SPFL club nevermind the Scotland national team.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Malky Mackay isn't the man for the job regardless of what he done in the past - and he should be allowed to move on from that.

Go and speak to Clarke now and if he is interested, confirm him on Monday 20th May when Killie's season is over.  If he isn't interested, then open it up to applications (although that could potentially be a long drawn out clusterf*ck)

Spot on Burnie !

Not watched womans football in years, so no idea what "level" it's at in relation to mens football, I'm not convinced success there should be expected to carry over though, Phil fucking Neville is a successful coach in the womans game.

Rightly or wrongly she wouldnt command respect from players or fans.

If appointing Shelley Kerr was the thing that finally persuaded the badged glengarry crowd to piss off we could hopefully replace the lot of them with folk like us. Would be magic, I'm all for it.
What, the guys that spend the money supporting the team home and away. Aye great plan buddy [emoji85]

Yes; absolutely. The ones who are giving the SFA tacit permission to keep limping on like they do.
Do they? I assume you werent in Israel or Kazakhstan or San Marino then? The ones that were signing sack the board? The ones that had an Ecksit banner?

Strange way to give SFA permission to limp on as they were. FFS [emoji23]

Which of these two things do you think speaks more loudly in the SFA's ears:

1. Giving them money.
  2. Telling them you dislike how they're doing things.
Ah right, so going to games is agreeing to the way the SFA are going about things? You dont really get the concept of being a football supporter do you.

It's never been so nakedly obvious that radical change was needed, so it's never come up but if it did, yes, absolutely I would.
Your choice and one you're free to make.

I'll continue to support the guys on the park like most regular Scotland fans would do and make my feelings known in other ways as to how I felt about the running of Scottish football and those making the decisions.

Having cheap digs at fans who support the team through thick and thin on a forum isn't really the way forward to improving our lot.

Aye. We're not talking about a short term problem here. I dare say if any club side had problems of the length and sort that there is at the SFA, there'd be a significant drop in attendances whether it be through deliberate boycott or just not being fucked anymore. 

It's not like it's a mental suggestion to say people should be trying to hit them in the pocket. We've seen enough times now that it can work. Why is wanting to see people do this to the SFA in any way a bad thing?

If you're knowingly supporting the SFA, and you are definitely doing so if you're going to games, and think there's problems that need to be sorted, then you deserve to be called an idiot.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

They were professional - they train every day of the week. She did pretty well in the Lowland and related competitions, and the University competitions at British-wide level.

Nevertheless it'd be a huge leap to go from that and managing Scotland Women to managing a full-time SPFL club nevermind the Scotland national team.

Professional means you get paid for it, training 3 times a day makes no difference.  My dad won a few trophies managing our boys club team including two league titles, he's as qualified as Shelley Kerr.  With the greatest of respect, women's football is horsepiss and to suggest giving her the Scotland job is ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Yes; absolutely. The ones who are giving the SFA tacit permission to keep limping on like they do.

Shut up, they ARE the Tartan Army.  Without them we might as well just pack up.  They're brilliant fans.

40 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Which of these two things do you think speaks more loudly in the SFA's ears:

1. Giving them money.
  2. Telling them you dislike how they're doing things.

Yeah starve Scottish football of money, great plan that'll work.  We've got loads of it anyway eh.  They got McLeish hunted within 12 games without the need to do that, therefore you're talking pish.  Some people need to realise they're just one person and their opinion really doesn't matter.

28 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It's never been so nakedly obvious that radical change was needed, so it's never come up but if it did, yes, absolutely I would.

Radical change has been needed for 30 years.  Do you think it would be a good idea to boycott for 30 years?

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Here's to another 21 years of dismal underperformance care of credulous men in kilts who can't see they're part of the problem.

God forbid we wear our national dress to support our team eh, what a bunch of arseholes.  You're an idiot.